It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Did someone say dungeon brawler?

Mana Spark is now available DRM-free. Get it 20% off until January 18th, 4PM UTC.

Humanity has definitely seen better days. Also in the game. Yet, all it takes is a single mana spark to re-ignite hope. That and a few dozen arrows, accurate skill-shots, and timely sword swings. The monsters have gotten smarter, deadlier. You must plan and execute your moves perfectly if you're to leave these perilous halls alive.
low rated
Another one from that trend. Do people not get fed up playing the same thing time and again?
high rated
Breja: Pixelate
Proceduraly generated
Roguelike

So much for hoping this bandwagon will be dead by 2019.
We just got an alert that someWHERE, someONE is enjoying playing games that Breja hates! This dastardly atrocity cannot stand! To the Brejamobile!
Anyone has an idea what "rogue-like elements" mean? I think souls-like combat means you can come back and reclaim your body/XP/whatever, which is in direct opposition to roguelike. So - what is preserved and what is lost?
huan: Anyone has an idea what "rogue-like elements" mean? I think souls-like combat means you can come back and reclaim your body/XP/whatever, which is in direct opposition to roguelike. So - what is preserved and what is lost?
Well I guess it can be translated as "Permadeath".
Maxvorstadt: Well I guess it can be translated as "Permadeath".
Generally yes, but this game claims to mix two genres that I think cannot be mixed, so I was curious. Either my understandig of "souls-like" or "rogue-like" is wrong.
returnONE: We're really proud to have our game on GOG!

Feel free to post any doubts you have. I'll be around.
I don't want to ruin the release fun but will you support this version or should we expect long delay time of the latest patches between Steam and the Gog ?
Post edited January 11, 2019 by i_hope_you_rot

*Cheers*

good to see the devs here, I wish this would happen more often.

Although I have to admit, this is not my kind of game, sorry.
huan: Anyone has an idea what "rogue-like elements" mean? I think souls-like combat means you can come back and reclaim your body/XP/whatever, which is in direct opposition to roguelike. So - what is preserved and what is lost?
Souls-like combat is the therm we found to express that the combat demands precise dogding, well timed attacks, and that it has a different pace than a bullet hell dualstick shooter.
Post edited January 11, 2019 by returnONE
i_hope_you_rot: Ok Gog employees . Which one of you has an obsession for procedurally generated pixel art games ? :p
I have an obsession for that, and I pay money for that stuff. Enough to keep the roguelite spree indefinitely :D

Cheers! Nice to see devs around.
Post edited January 11, 2019 by Lone_Scout
returnONE:
While many people are indifferent or don't really care for achievements, at the end of the day it is still a feature that is part of the game. If one version has one feature and the other does not, it is safe to consider the lacking version to be inferior.

I prefer my games on GOG, and greatly appreciate when the games are kept equivalent to other platforms. Selling a lacking version for the same price as a complete version makes it seem like the developer does not lend as much precedence to that version.

As an aside, I would guess that this has strong inspiration from Hammerwatch?
Thanks for Linux and no DRM ^^
I bought it!
Now...I need time to play...
HereForTheBeer: Hammerwatch-ish with a bit more depth?

Gameplay looks interesting. Graphics... I'll need to check some Let's Play video first.
gamesfreak64: this is one of the many

by:
Cobalt Streak
Published on Sep 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7M-mXzxO2Q
Thanks much, for the link. Will take a peek during lunch.

Love the artwork it's gorgeous, I'm a sucker for pixel art, but I don't care much for permadeath in my RPGs as it defeats the purpose of even progressing with my character when you can lose it all over a simple mistake, too tedious for me, unless it's handled like heroes of hammerwatch, then it's an insta-wishlist/buy from me!

Either way, I'm glad to see this on gog!

(I'm broke until next month!)
Post edited January 11, 2019 by takezodunmer2005
ShadowWulfe: I prefer my games on GOG, and greatly appreciate when the games are kept equivalent to other platforms. Selling a lacking version for the same price as a complete version makes it seem like the developer does not lend as much precedence to that version.
The GOG version has advantages that other platforms don't have. It is therefore not a "lacking" version, but one that trades in one feature (achievements) for another (DRM-free). Other versions aren't "complete" insofar that they lack being future-proof. At best you could claim that both versions are lacking, i.e. lacking something the other has.

If one doesn't care for achievements at all, I know which version I'd call inferior.

You can of course ask for achievements anyway, but your rationalization is, no offense, deficient.
Reglisse: Thanks for Linux and no DRM ^^
I bought it!
Now...I need time to play...
I bought it for the same reason, cheers!