It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Little Misfortune is now available, DRM-free. Owners of Fran Bow can get Little Misfortune 10% off until October 2nd, 5pm UTC.

Little Misfortune is an interactive story, focused on exploration and characters, both sweet and dark, where your choices have consequences.

Starring Misfortune Ramirez Hernandez, an imaginative 8-year-old, who seeks the prize of Eternal Happiness, as a gift to her Mommy. Led by her new friend, Mr. Voice, they venture into the woods, where mysteries are unraveled and a little bit of bad luck unfolds.
Really liked the game, are the other games of the devs like this one thematically?
NuffCatnip: Really liked the game, are the other games of the devs like this one thematically?
they've only released one other game i think.
Fran Bow, it's Artwork and Themes are similar but the gameplay is different,more of a classical point n click adventure and a little longer than Little Misfortune. It's also quite a bit bloodier :D
NuffCatnip: Really liked the game, are the other games of the devs like this one thematically?
kotcore: they've only released one other game i think.
Fran Bow, it's Artwork and Themes are similar but the gameplay is different,more of a classical point n click adventure and a little longer than Little Misfortune. It's also quite a bit bloodier :D
Thank you!
Will probably get Fran Bow once it's discounted again then. :D
Awesome to have a complete GOG Version!
kotcore: they've only released one other game i think.
NuffCatnip: Thank you!
You should. It has at least the same sweet/mean contrast that this one has.
NuffCatnip: Thank you!
MarkoH01: You should. It has at least the same sweet/mean contrast that this one has.
Sounds promising. :)
gamesfreak64: Anyway the system req. are rather high again:
2.5 ghz as a min. req. mine is 2.66 so that is out of the question ,
MarkoH01: Yes, the recommended and probably incorrect requirements are in fact high but I would not considering the minimum specs to be high at all - especially since they even state the game would run on Intel integrated HD (which mostly are problematic). Then again it is a Unity game so I guess for you it is out of the question anyway.
I have nothing against Unity at all, problem is many developers dont set a frames per second limit . which is usally easy to solve and usually the most common cause of high CPU usage.

Anyway i have a simple but nice visual novel which had a fps problem, the dev reduced it and, the game runs fine
Many (unity) games do not really need 60 fps , 30 to 40 will do fine as many games are 2d / 2.5d, and do not require >60 fps.
If you Google you will find more games having CPU problems ( unity games) and they have a i7 or up, so it seems Unity can deliver good games depending on who develops the game, so i'm not the only one having problems.
Another thing i noticed is many Unity games barely use the GPU, the CPU carries all the load.

one of many Google results

How do I optimize my game in unity?
Maximizing Your Unity Game's Performance

Keep It Simple. I'm putting this first since it should be a general rule for any game that you build. ...
Use the Profiler. ...
Batch Those Game Objects. ...
Reduce and Reuse Textures. ...
Use Culling to Limit What is Rendered. ...
Optimize Objects that are Visible. ...
Use Proper Compression and Load Types for Audio. ...
Streamline Physics Calculations.
Seems many developers using unity should read those tips :D
Post edited September 23, 2019 by gamesfreak64
MarkoH01: Yes, the recommended and probably incorrect requirements are in fact high but I would not considering the minimum specs to be high at all - especially since they even state the game would run on Intel integrated HD (which mostly are problematic). Then again it is a Unity game so I guess for you it is out of the question anyway.
gamesfreak64: I have nothing against Unity at all, problem is many developers dont set a frames per second limit . which is usally easy to solve and usually the most common cause of high CPU usage.
Ah, sorry - then I miremembered that one. If unlimited FPS is your problem (which usually are more exhausting for the GPU and not the CPU) and you own a card from Nvidia you could always use Nvidia Inspector to force that limit by your GPU.
gamesfreak64: I have nothing against Unity at all, problem is many developers dont set a frames per second limit . which is usally easy to solve and usually the most common cause of high CPU usage.
MarkoH01: Ah, sorry - then I miremembered that one. If unlimited FPS is your problem (which usually are more exhausting for the GPU and not the CPU) and you own a card from Nvidia you could always use Nvidia Inspector to force that limit by your GPU.
Don't be sorry i'm not easily offended,. :D , i'm too old for that .

Problem is after some (re)search using Goolge it seems many users that bought a 2.66 gh zquad core ( i5 750) had problems like this, seems i made a mistake buying this thing, buts its 9 years old now ( the hadsware) ( 2009 released) but i bought it 2010 ( so the cou is 10 years old regarding release but the hardware it self is a few moths younger so next year it bacomes 10 and a0 year old hardware needs a upgrade or a new PC ( i will keep the old one aslong as it runs)

The GPU was the "problem" my first GPU turned out to be a 'disaster' : GTS 250 if i remember correctly , turned out to be the famous "bottleneck" so i got a brand new GTX 750 ti 2 GB later , and after a little while problems shifted: CPU is became the :bottleneck" ( CPU is older then the GPU) and GPU is releaxing while CPU is "working out" and 'sweating' like crazy.

A new PC build will repeat history : the i7 9700K = 399 Euro ( give or take 5 or 10 euros) the recomm. GPU however will cost me both arms and both legs compared to the CPU.

They recommend. a GPU that will still cost 299 euros ( at a sale) but usually 350 to 399 euros and that is way too much, 400 Euro for a CPU is okay imho, same amount for a GPU is not okay, i will have to start again with GPU as a bottleneck .

Anyway the longer it takes before i have saved enough to assemble ,the more hesitant i become buying
a new PC, the fact that i havent bought as many games in the past 2 years also save money, seems 90% of all games are more of the samen and unfortunately, games i don't like or prefer, seems the good old games are done for, the few that arrive are shooters or 3d.... same goes for Steam seems the new casula games are meh so i wont waste money buying them, and Gamersgate well they still dont have the paysafe fixed so.... no more games for me
Post edited September 25, 2019 by gamesfreak64