It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legend continues.

<span class="bold">Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC</span>, the second chapter in the cult jRPG series, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy achievements.

To celebrate the launch, the original <span class="bold">Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky</span> is available 50% off for the week, until Thursday, November 5, 3:59 PM GMT.

It would not be a stretch to say that Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is the equivalent of Baldur's Gate for Japanese gamers. Incredibly popular, absolutely massive, and truly trendsetting. And thus, it's only fair to call Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter the Baldur's Gate II of jRPGs.

Picking up mere hours after the conclusion of the previous entry, you quickly learn that another, bigger adventure looms ahead. There's just about twice the content to discover sprinkled with new quests, new mini-games, collectibles, and of course plenty of new locations populated by a hundred and one stories. You'll also get to master the expanded, turn-based combat system rich in customization, upgrades, and tactical possibilities.

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC is a massive undertaking not just for gamers, but also for the team behind the jRPG titan - it's one of the reasons why seeing a translated English language release (on PC no less) is such a special occasion.

Save the land of Liberi in <span class="bold">Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC</span>, now available DRM-free on GOG.com
llj: Yup, somebody almost committed suicide over the localization of this game. That's more than 29.99 worth of labour here.
SirPrimalform: Well not quite. His mental health issues were not due to this game, just exacerbated by it.
Must you ruin my quip? :P
llj: Must you ruin my quip? :P
I didn't realise it was a quip! I read it in a 'srs business' voice.
dick1982: yeeeeah.not sure if i want to pay ~30USD for a port of a handheld game. even if it has lot more content than most handheld games.
To clarify, this is NOT a port of a handheld game.

The handheld game is the actual port. This game was made natively for Windows. This version is an enhancement, as it's been redone to work in HD, with high resolutions. The only "port" aspect is that they took the features that were added into the game during the PSP port and put them back into the original work.

EckoShy: Oh god, I misread the news articles talking about this games release. I thought they said it was getting a physical release on PSP.

That sucks so hard that it's digital only. The first game got a physical release, what happened this time?
That release almost tanked the company. Not wanting to risk that again they're sticking to digital. Which is a reasonable plan when you almost go bankrupt due to poor sales from the investment of a phyiscal print.

Despite some people's claims here... it in fact did not sell very well on the PSP at all. The Steam / GoG release of FC blew the PSP sales out of the water. Which is why they chose to even do SC at all.

Chacranajxy: The last game sold well for a niche game on PSP, 4 years ago. Pre-Vita, which itself was a failure. And there's custom packaging required for a 2-disc game, which nobody's done in the US before.

Oh, and there's some minor missing content from the PSP version, too, like unique phrases when you open up a chest. I guess the PSP version is portable, which is kinda cool, but then... so are some PCs.
Correction: FC has the PSP added quotes. SC PSP doesn't have added quotes at all, however they're working to add them into the PC version in a later update.

VanishedOne: I think I'd find the idea that the huge translation job necessitates the price a bit easier to swallow if all regions getting that translation were charged the same price for it.
The regional pricing being so high is actually an error. XSEED has already stated they're looking into these issues and we should see a change to them soon. My guess is that someone just used currency conversion instead of considering value vs. afforability per region. It happens sometimes.
Post edited November 04, 2015 by Seraphna
VanishedOne: I think I'd find the idea that the huge translation job necessitates the price a bit easier to swallow if all regions getting that translation were charged the same price for it.
Seraphna: The regional pricing being so high is actually an error. XSEED has already stated they're looking into these issues and we should see a change to them soon. My guess is that someone just used currency conversion instead of considering value vs. afforability per region. It happens sometimes.
I'd have thought it would be the other way around. I don't know where [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=631&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbaxyzXhDFGHT0512348&ord=&flt=tcs~trails~&opt=&myf=MonNov22331132015_empty_SU5b1col7UKUS]MaGog[/url] pulls its conversion rates from, but it displays GOG's regional prices as their USD equivalents, and the range it displays for SC (US price $29.99) runs from $35.39 (UK) to $7.69 (Russia and some other ex-Soviet countries).