It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

3 Lazy Galaxy titles from Coldwild Games are joining our catalog: Lazy Galaxy, Lazy Galaxy: Rebel Story, and Lazy Galaxy 2. You can also grab the all together with Lazy Galaxy Bundle (-34%)

Lazy Galaxy (-34% until January 25th)
A mix between an RTS and an idle/clicker game. Lead an evil (albeit lazy) alien race to conquer the universe! Traverse the universe, fight vicious enemies, expand your influence through the galaxies. Acquire combat experience and convert into candy, the most precious alien resource!

Lazy Galaxy 2 (-34% until January 25th)
Similar to Lazy Galaxy 1, it’s an idle/clicker game with base-building and RTS elements. The game is the developers’ attempt to improve on Lazy Galaxy 1 formula by making the base building deeper, changing the battle system, adding the custom maps to allow for more spatial conquest.
XYCat: idle clicker game?
yes, WTF does that mean?
trusteft: yes, WTF does that mean?
Have you played Cookie Clicker? (Or any other game in the genre?)

They're also sometimes called incremental games.
Another definition could be: a rogue like that plays itself. One of the most known is Cookie Clicker, child of that very old candy clicker from last millenia.
Zoidberg: Another definition could be: a rogue like that plays itself. One of the most known is Cookie Clicker, child of that very old candy clicker from last millenia.
And, of course, there's the two Candy Box games, which bring in RPG elements to the genre. Candy Box 2 is one of the better short games of the genre, provided you're willing to wait a few minutes at the start to get enough candy to buy a sword. (There's also adventure game elements and a puzzle.) (Candy Box 1 is considerably slower paced and can be tedious at times, and the game takes a strange turn later on.)
dtgreene: Have you played Cookie Clicker? (Or any other game in the genre?)

Never even heard of this before.
Zoidberg: Another definition could be: a rogue like that plays itself. One of the most known is Cookie Clicker, child of that very old candy clicker from last millenia.
First time I head about these. I am a heavy gamer since the early 80s. First time. No idea what they are.
Post edited January 19, 2024 by trusteft
dtgreene: Have you played Cookie Clicker? (Or any other game in the genre?)

trusteft: Never even heard of this before.
trusteft: First time I head about these. I am a heavy gamer since the early 80s. First time. No idea what they are.
Try some of these games. Just note that some of these games can take a while, where "a while" can be on the time scale of weeks, months, or even years.

For many of these games, all you need to do is open a web browser, do a google (or other search engine) search for one of these games, then follow the link to start playing the game. Of course, there are a couple caveats:
* You do need to have JavaScript enabled.
* If you use private browsing mode, or otherwise regularly delete localStorage or other data the site keeps on your computer, saving won't work. (With that said, some of these games allow you to export the save as text.)

Aside from Candy Box 2, another good incremental game that's not that long is Universal Paperclips. Just be aware that it's quite possible to make mistakes in that game, and sometimes recovering from them can be painful.

Another interesting, and rather amusing, point: There's a trend for some of these games to reach large numbers. I've had octillions of cookies in Cookie Clicker, and there are games that can even get up to the limits of a JavaScript number (about 1.8e308). Actually, some games go *beyond* that, to the point where there's a bunch of large number libraries that exist just for incremental games. I've played a few that go past a googolplex. (Note that high numbers behave differently from the numbers you're used to seeing.)
trusteft: Never even heard of this before.

First time I head about these. I am a heavy gamer since the early 80s. First time. No idea what they are.
dtgreene: Try some of these games. Just note that some of these games can take a while, where "a while" can be on the time scale of weeks, months, or even years.

For many of these games, all you need to do is open a web browser, do a google (or other search engine) search for one of these games, then follow the link to start playing the game. Of course, there are a couple caveats:
* You do need to have JavaScript enabled.
* If you use private browsing mode, or otherwise regularly delete localStorage or other data the site keeps on your computer, saving won't work. (With that said, some of these games allow you to export the save as text.)

Aside from Candy Box 2, another good incremental game that's not that long is Universal Paperclips. Just be aware that it's quite possible to make mistakes in that game, and sometimes recovering from them can be painful.

Another interesting, and rather amusing, point: There's a trend for some of these games to reach large numbers. I've had octillions of cookies in Cookie Clicker, and there are games that can even get up to the limits of a JavaScript number (about 1.8e308). Actually, some games go *beyond* that, to the point where there's a bunch of large number libraries that exist just for incremental games. I've played a few that go past a googolplex. (Note that high numbers behave differently from the numbers you're used to seeing.)
Thanks, I have already lost all interest.
Not going to enable javascript and definitely not going to play a game which it plays itself. Life is too short to let others do my own gaming.

I guess I am not even going to consider these Lazy games.
trusteft: Not going to enable javascript
You already have it enabled, or else you couldn't post here.
trusteft: Not going to enable javascript
eric5h5: You already have it enabled, or else you couldn't post here.
Wow, you are right.

I am still not interested.
trusteft: definitely not going to play a game which it plays itself.
With many of these games, it really doesn't feel like they play themselves. In fact, some of these games involve quite a bit of active play; Candy Box 2 and Universal Paperclips are examples of this, and are two examples I'd recommend if you want a more active game.

The Prestige Tree Rewritten is also decent, at least for the first 3 rows. (The game starts getting more annoying once you get to the Q layer, so I'd consider stopping there.)
"Plays itself" was not to be taken so literally... geez