It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Immerse yourself in an incredibly aesthetically pleasing story-rich RPG – In Stars and Time is now available on GOG!

Embark on a journey with In Stars and Time; turn-based RPG where you bear the weight of a time loop, a burden known only to you. Your quest? Carve a brighter path for yourself and your companions, seek optimism in the bleakest moments and appeal to celestial forces to break free from the confines of time.

Now on GOG!
GOG.com: ... seek optimism in the bleakest moments and appeal to celestial forces to break free from the confines of time.
Argh, I drew ticket #1234567890abcdef, now what?
Well, that's an interesting aesthetic choice, a completely monochrome game. Play your cards wrong and someone might port that to Hercules Graphic Adaptor.
Neat, I've been looking forward to this for a while now.
An RPG using mostly median RGB, interesting...
Trooper1270: An RPG using mostly median RGB, interesting...
Its called greyscale as theres no R, no G or any B involved. :/
Darvond: Well, that's an interesting aesthetic choice, a completely monochrome game. Play your cards wrong and someone might port that to Hercules Graphic Adaptor.
Monochrome would be purely black and white.
Post edited November 21, 2023 by Sachys
GOG.com: incredibly aesthetically pleasing
Either this description or the screenshots have to be from some other game by mistake.
Games for the color blind and cute harlots from Farscape :)
Sachys: Its called greyscale as theres no R, no G or any B involved. :/ Monochrome would be purely black and white.
Good on ya for trying, but mono-chrome means exactly one chroma; one stratum of color. A statuette that's only painted/glazed in cyan is monochrome so long as there are no decorations of any other colors. A night vision photo corrected to show only green is a monochrome image.
Sachys: Its called greyscale as theres no R, no G or any B involved. :/ Monochrome would be purely black and white.
Darvond: Good on ya for trying, but mono-chrome means exactly one chroma; one stratum of color. A statuette that's only painted/glazed in cyan is monochrome so long as there are no decorations of any other colors. A night vision photo corrected to show only green is a monochrome image.
try going down a print shop and running that idea.
It's an interesting concept... but the hobbyist author in me worries that they might not have had a good editor/beta-reader for the in-game text after seeing explicit pronoun annotations in the "Our Adventurers" section of the store page when all but one of the lines already demonstrate the more natural way to introduce pronouns in prose.

Allow me to demonstrate by quoting it and adding emphasis:

* Siffrin (he/they): Stressed, depressed, and under duress. (Don’t worry about it. They’re doing fine.) The punmaster protagonist of our neverending tale.

* Mirabelle (she/her): A caring and nervous housemaiden mysteriously blessed by the god she so ardently follows.

* Isabeau (he/him): Defender with a heart of gold. Cares dearly for his people and his friends.

* Odile (she/her): The mature and nonsensical researcher studying…something. (No, she will not tell you what it is.)

* Bonnie (they/them): Wait a minute, who brought this kid along???

It reminds me of all the fanfiction I've read where the author didn't know any better and broke the immersion with inline author's notes.

Definitely a strong point in favour of waiting and letting other people play and review it before I consider spending money.
Post edited November 21, 2023 by ssokolow
ssokolow: It's an interesting concept... but the hobbyist author in me worries that they might not have had a good editor/beta-reader for the in-game text after seeing explicit pronoun annotations in the "Our Adventurers" section of the store page when all but one of the lines already demonstrate the more natural way to introduce pronouns in prose.

* Siffrin (he/they): Stressed, depressed, and under duress. (Don’t worry about it. They’re doing fine.) The punmaster protagonist of our neverending tale.

* Mirabelle (she/her): A caring and nervous housemaiden mysteriously blessed by the god she so ardently follows.

* Isabeau (he/him): Defender with a heart of gold. Cares dearly for his people and his friends.

* Odile (she/her): The mature and nonsensical researcher studying…something. (No, she will not tell you what it is.)

It reminds me of all the fanfiction I've read where the author didn't know any better and broke the immersion with inline author's notes.

Definitely a strong point in favour of waiting and letting other people play and review it before I consider spending money.
Absolutely lost as to your point.
ssokolow: It's an interesting concept... but the hobbyist author in me worries that they might not have had a good editor/beta-reader for the in-game text after seeing explicit pronoun annotations in the "Our Adventurers" section of the store page when all but one of the lines already demonstrate the more natural way to introduce pronouns in prose.

Sachys: Absolutely lost as to your point.
My point is "If the store page text is unpolished in that way, I'm worried about the in-game text."

Basically, the same concern that shows up in books about getting published that talk about how professional editors will want a submission of only the first chapter of your manuscript and judge whether the book as a whole is worth publishing based on that. First impressions matter.
Post edited November 21, 2023 by ssokolow
There was another game that came out a while back that was monochrome, can't remember what it was called. I think the dev was indeed colorblind.
Sachys: Its called greyscale as theres no R, no G or any B involved. :/
Nope. Assuming the RGB values are normalized to 1.0, 50% gray is (0.5, 0.5, 0.5). The only color you can get with no R, G, or B is pure black (0.0, 0.0, 0.0). If you use "greyscale" in Photoshop, that's merely how the data is stored internally, not displayed. (Unless, of course, you actually have a monochrome monitor...good luck finding one these days, outside of e-ink displays.)
Monochrome would be purely black and white.
Again, nope. Monochrome is different tones of a single color. Most monochrome monitors aren't 1-bit displays, though some were, such as the original Mac screen.
try going down a print shop and running that idea.
We're not at a print shop, we're talking about computers here. But even when printing things, while halftone dots are pure color (or black) dots of different sizes, the whole idea is that the eye interprets those dots as different shades when viewed at a reasonable distance.
Sachys: try going down a print shop and running that idea.
Okay, a gradient of red is monochrome, right?