It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Immerse yourself in an incredibly aesthetically pleasing story-rich RPG – In Stars and Time is now available on GOG!

Embark on a journey with In Stars and Time; turn-based RPG where you bear the weight of a time loop, a burden known only to you. Your quest? Carve a brighter path for yourself and your companions, seek optimism in the bleakest moments and appeal to celestial forces to break free from the confines of time.

Now on GOG!
I don't mind the black and white style, actually like it.
However, when checked the gameplay prints is just another NES/Gameboy/RPG Maker game, not for me.
At least is not like the other half of games that is too vibrant and overly saturated to the point of looking cartoonish.

On a side note, listing a AMD Phenom CPU for requirements in 2023 is quite a achivement by itself.
Post edited November 21, 2023 by Dark_art_
Dark_art_: I don't mind the black and white style, actually like it.
However, when checked the gameplay prints is just another NES/Gameboy/RPG Maker game, not for me.
You know, the NES and Game Boy were host to some pretty fantastic RPGs. You had Willow, SaGa, the original Mana, Crystalis, just to name a few of the less common ones off the top of my head.
Dark_art_: I don't mind the black and white style, actually like it.
Darvond: You know, the NES and Game Boy were host to some pretty fantastic RPGs. You had Willow, SaGa, the original Mana, Crystalis, just to name a few of the less common ones off the top of my head.
Don't forget the earlier Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy games. (DQ4 has probably the fanciest ally AI I've seen in any NES RPG, and it still fares well even today (though not without its issues).

(There's also the fact that, of the games I mentioned, I only consider one of them to be an RPG, and I distinctly remember the term RPG not being used to refer to the others back then.)

(By the way, that first Mana game, Final Fantasy Adventure, *is* actually a Final Fantasy game, even in Japan; it's only later that the series distanced itself from that.)

By the way, the game does look like it could be interesting. When you run out of time and have to start from the beginning, do you keep anything?
Sachys: try going down a print shop and running that idea.
Darvond: Okay, a gradient of red is monochrome, right?
A monochromatic color scheme/gradient (which can be used synonymously) involves variations in the lightness, saturation, and tone of a single color. For example, with red as the base hue, you can create a gradient by using lighter versions (tints), darker versions (shades), and variations of red to increase brightness and intensity (tone).

Grayshade, as in this games, is achromatic because gray (a neutral color) lacks a specific hue, being a mixture of black and white.

Monochrome refers to using a single color, such as red, blue, or green, and a lighter or darker color (white and red or black and red), while monochromatic involves variations in the lightness, saturation, and tone of that color.

I hope this explanation makes sense to you. There is only a subtle difference between monochrome and monochromatic, and they are often used interchangeably, which can make it challenging to understand this distinction. When talking about monochrome, it refers to using a single color and its various shades and tints, creating a grayscale effect. In short, monochrome implies the use of a single color and its various shades and tints (grayscale), while monochromatic specifically involves variations in the lightness, saturation, and tone of a single color.
Post edited November 22, 2023 by Mori_Yuki