It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Engineering your true purpose.

UPDATE: Add the game's OST to your collection, and enjoy Joakim Sandberg's unforgettable compositions.

Iconoclasts, a sprawling action adventure about uncovering the dark secrets of an evil religious organization, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.

There is something rotten with your world. Making an honest living as a humble mechanic is no longer an option since your selfless actions have attracted the wrong kind of attention. You're suddenly on the run alongside your new rebel friends, trying to fight back against an enemy you didn't even know existed. Another life awaits you, full of chance encounters, environmental puzzles, engaging exploration, and colossal bosses.

In the press :
- Gamespot found plenty to love in this Metroidvania-inspired darling, from the lovely art to its poignant storytelling and challenging puzzles.
- RockPaperShotgun was surprised by how puzzle-focused the game is, while keeping its boss fights challenging and its gameplay meaty.
- Destructoid pretty much loved Iconoclasts to bits, calling it "a hallmark of excellence"!
Starmaker: How's the save system? In particular, can I retry a boss as soon as I die?
Ganni1987: Short answer: Yes

You will find save locations in various areas, however sometimes getting to a boss takes a while but should you die it will respawn you a room before the boss. It's pretty fair since you have no clue what to do at some bosses
Aaaand bought. Thank you!

(All games should be doing this. Don't want players to save "against" the boss by dying and going elsewhere -- autorestart the boss battle. But let people git gud without wasting their time.)

edit:
Looks awesome (duh), movement is *~awesome~*, the music is annoying (edit edit: the annoying music is just in the first area), interaction feedback is a crime against humanity. Playtesters should be fired from a cannon. Extremely disappointed, in offline times I'd demand a refund and vandalize the store. Good thing youtube exists.
Post edited January 24, 2018 by Starmaker
day1 linux support - sold
watched the trailer - sold

any idea what could be expected from an intel igp playing this game? (hd4600)
Finally! I've been waiting for so long for this game (ever since I played a demo many years ago). Instabought.
Okay, that one boss fight (at 38% completion for me) is hot garbage. I can avoid the boss with ease, but I can't harm it either. The youtube method doesn't work. Changed the rating to one star, fuck this game.

And this is why metroidvanias are far superior. Lesson fucking learned.
Starmaker: Okay, that one boss fight (at 38% completion for me) is hot garbage. I can avoid the boss with ease, but I can't harm it either. The youtube method doesn't work. Changed the rating to one star, fuck this game.

And this is why metroidvanias are far superior. Lesson fucking learned.
metroidvanias don't have any bugs in them? I can understand you're angry but everything just can't be 100% perfect, I'm sure if you report this somewhere (or somebody else will) this will get resolved in a patch
Kunovski: metroidvanias don't have any bugs in them? I can understand you're angry but everything just can't be 100% perfect, I'm sure if you report this somewhere (or somebody else will) this will get resolved in a patch
Usually in Metroidvanias you can skip a boss and find secret powers up or more resources that will make the bosses easier. Some well made Metroidvanias such as Hollow Knight has low linearity too so you could attack bosses in the order of the player's choice.
Kunovski: metroidvanias don't have any bugs in them? I can understand you're angry but everything just can't be 100% perfect, I'm sure if you report this somewhere (or somebody else will) this will get resolved in a patch
Nirth: Usually in Metroidvanias you can skip a boss and find secret powers up or more resources that will make the bosses easier. Some well made Metroidvanias such as Hollow Knight has low linearity too so you could attack bosses in the order of the player's choice.
but I suppose that if he can't hurt a boss even though someone else can (in a video on youtube) it's simply a bug, not a design issue or a problem caused by not enough strength (which would be solved by finding powerups or resources)

don't really understand why would anyone lower their rating to the lowest point because of that...
keyboard/mouse works fine vs a gamepad?
Niggles: keyboard/mouse works fine vs a gamepad?
just keyboard, mouse is not necessary, and it plays fine, it's already been mentioned the controls are responsive nicely

when using firing weapons you actually fire in the direction the character is facing (and there's also a kind of "auto aim" so for example when you fire on an opponent that's on the ceiling of the corridor you're walking you don't need to do anything, just hit fire and the "bullets" will go slightly up to hit the opponent... unless you're standing right under him, then you of course need to hold up while firing)

I might be explaining it badly but it's really nice and intuitive - all you do is point your directional key left, right or up and mash fire button, the game does the rest :)

EDIT: typos :/
Post edited January 26, 2018 by Kunovski
And I'm officially done with the game. Oh, if the faces behind god's mask knew how the promise had been broken.

With a title like Iconoclasts and a girl mechanic protagonist, what do you think the game would be about? Innovation? Revolution? Freedom of conscience? Feminism? Or, perhaps, the girl serving as a multi-use asswipe to two whiny petulant adherents of said oppressive religion, who then proceed to brutally murder every moderately interesting character in the game?

By the purple wings of the Protector, by my good left eye, I swear I will never again buy a game off promo.
I would just like to say that this is one of the best games I've ever played.
I played the beta version of the first level 4-5 years ago after discovering the greatest indie Zelda tribute (Legend of Princess; honestly just google it). I bougth this game the moment I saw it in GOG. I'm loving it so far. Money well spend.
Post edited February 03, 2018 by moycano
Glad the OST is here however:

Usually I buy these without question as I love game music, but in this case I really must ask, why is it only in MP3 format? From Bandcamp there is the same amount of tracks but available in both FLAC and MP3.

There's a reason why I don't buy music from Google Play - MP3's are of inferior quality compared to CD and I can tell the difference from the 2 albums I regrettably bought.

EDIT - I've E-Mail'ed the dev for a FLAC version. Stay tuned :-)
Post edited February 16, 2018 by Ganni1987
Should have given the game a discount at the same time as the update....