It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
flabberghost: and why are you attacking us here?
BreOl72: Oh, you're one of those...I see. Sorry for "attacking" you.
I leave you alone now, so you don't get hurt anymore. Bye.
yes, i'm one of those..
...those users who are disagreeing with GOG's politics and one of those who did'nt want to get downrated by bots/users or even one who want to keep their real account unbothered in any way.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by flabberghost
low rated
flabberghost: yes, i'm one of those..
...one of those who did'nt want to get downrated by bots/users or even one who want to keep their real account unbothered in any way.
Well, at least you're honest in that way.
chandra: Dear GOG community!
Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks. In case you have purchased HITMAN and are not satisfied with the released version, you can use your right to refund the game. At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
OH! Thank you for addressing this issue, I was losing hope :' )
Now, finger crossed that you'll manage to fix this release.
(btw who even thought this was ok on Gog in the first place?)

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks. In case you have purchased HITMAN and are not satisfied with the released version, you can use your right to refund the game. At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
Thank for you acknowledging the issue. I hope this gets fixed in the week and dose not become trend for GOG.

Mori_Yuki: You really tell us that this is a situation your company hasn't been aware of but something your customers had to bring to your awareness? Thanks for making me laugh. :) Someone in your company curated it, someone made a contract with IOI, a team must have reviewed the game as you received it and someone clearly wrote in smallish print on the shop page pinned to the top of your page, at first in very small print, later on up top DISCLAIMER, that some content is locked or only accessible by being Online. Was no one able to be honest about the extent to which content is unavailable?

You think by telling your customers you are 'looking into it' and updating them 'in the coming weeks' will cut it and people will stop complaining, waiting patiently until eventually you take your time to clarify and remedy the situation?

It doesn't take weeks, it doesn't even take days, all it takes is being honest. The storm will not be over in a couple of weeks or months as it is. It's basically on you to act now in favor of your customers which should very well be within your rights. The only course of action would be to remove the game from the store until this is sorted out. This doesn't take weeks or months but a mere seconds. Save yourselves the trouble if only for once and set things straight.

As far as negativ reviews are concerned, you know how the saying goes: wyrządzone zło powraca. It is a relevant piece of information for prospective customers to be aware of the fact, that if they come here to buy this game with the expectancy that it is indeed DRM-free, the full content is available to them without Galaxy or registration, that's not review bombing but stating facts helping visitors to make an informed decision whether they are willing to make that purchase. You can't expect anyone to read your forum and this discussion is all good and fine to you of course. Have your customers have their say because soon they will forget as if nothing ever happened. Which is increasingly hard considering how the last couple of months went and it's only getting worse. This is only the tip of the iceberg so better don't risk sinking the Titanic. ;-)

-

Since maybe you will read this statement also take down Soul Saga and Plane Mechanic Simulator, both dead products, while you are at it.
Well said!!
Post edited September 24, 2021 by Syphon72
high rated
joppo: A thread ignored, like it was, changes nothing.
BreOl72: Well, but you certainly agree, that GOG had the option of simply ignoring/deleting the 1-star reviews, while still changing nothing? Nowhere is it stated that it was the review bombing that "changed" minds in GOG's HQ.
First of all, I refuse to call those very pertinent reviews as "review bombing". I just said it is not, except in the words of people who want to pretend the game is fine and the problem lies with a community angry about nothing.

Second, I will agree that Gog is not gonna break any laws if they delete those reviews. But even if it is not illegal, it is still outright immoral. There is an implicit statement when there is a review system that those reviews reflect what other customers think of the game. If they remove those that speak ill they are doctoring the rating a game has and breaking our trust once more.

BreOl72: Ignored doesn't mean unread/unheard. As GOG employees have mentioned already at countless occations, here in the forum.
Yeah, of course. As we can obviously see after every shitstorm here, they are very carefully pretending they are not reading anything. All they ever do during these crisis is pray that the storm will pass without them addressing whatever made us pissed off.

"Ignored doesn't mean unread/unheard" That must be a joke. If I am annoyed enough to rant about their latest fuck-up do you think I want them to hear me and do nothing afterwards? Maybe they should change professions and become therapists.
phaolo: OH! Thank you for addressing this issue, I was losing hope :' )
Now, finger crossed that you'll manage to fix this release.
(btw who even thought this was ok on Gog in the first place?)
Probably Higher up, who only thinks about money.

Troubling that GOG would do this in the first place...

... but...

... at least they are listening and potentially responding to the issues
Mori_Yuki: You really tell us that this is a situation your company hasn't been aware of but something your customers had to bring to your awareness? Thanks for making me laugh. :) Someone in your company curated it, someone made a contract with IOI, a team must have reviewed the game as you received it and someone clearly wrote in smallish print on the shop page pinned to the top of your page, at first in very small print, later on up top DISCLAIMER, that some content is locked or only accessible by being Online. Was no one able to be honest about the extent to which content is unavailable?

You think by telling your customers you are 'looking into it' and updating them 'in the coming weeks' will cut it and people will stop complaining, waiting patiently until eventually you take your time to clarify and remedy the situation?

It doesn't take weeks, it doesn't even take days, all it takes is being honest. The storm will not be over in a couple of weeks or months as it is. It's basically on you to act now in favor of your customers which should very well be within your rights. The only course of action would be to remove the game from the store until this is sorted out. This doesn't take weeks or months but a mere seconds. Save yourselves the trouble if only for once and set things straight.

As far as negativ reviews are concerned, you know how the saying goes: wyrządzone zło powraca. It is a relevant piece of information for prospective customers to be aware of the fact, that if they come here to buy this game with the expectancy that it is indeed DRM-free, the full content is available to them without Galaxy or registration, that's not review bombing but stating facts helping visitors to make an informed decision whether they are willing to make that purchase. You can't expect anyone to read your forum and this discussion is all good and fine to you of course. Have your customers have their say because soon they will forget as if nothing ever happened. Which is increasingly hard considering how the last couple of months went and it's only getting worse. This is only the tip of the iceberg so better don't risk sinking the Titanic. ;-)

-

Since maybe you will read this statement also take down Soul Saga and Plane Mechanic Simulator, both dead products, while you are at it.
This post is so underrated
low rated
mrkgnao: That's incorrect. I have tens of games on steam that I've played in the last few months, and I have never installed the steam client.

Here is an incomplete list of 2000+ games that do not need the steam client:
https://steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
Sr. Chalice: you see this is the road I don't like going down, because you damn well know steam is a DRM platform and the publishers/developers make teh decision whether or not to use steam as a downloader or a DRM platform. MOST GAMES and most AAA games on Steam are DRM locked. No one cares about a damn indie foo foo game. Cut the garbage man, I can't stand you steam Whore$. I never lied about anything or mislead anyone, these are known facts about steam and is why we are here on GOG. You knew what the Op meant but you wanna be wanna of those people, typical STEAM Wh*re.
Look's like some people don't like the truth about steam. Yours and my post got a low rating. haha
Post edited September 24, 2021 by Syphon72
high rated

Thank you for listening the community, but I don't share your decision of remove reviews in the current state of the game, DRM in Hitman is a feature that affects the gameplay in a significant way, it constrain severely the content and repeatability of the game and is decisive for many costumers to knows that the DRM is still present even in a DRM Free store. Until they remove completely the DRM of the game and users like me could recive a complete offline experience, the reviews must remain as a sincere warning to customers. I was going to purchase the game here dispite I already have it for free on EGS, I was really glad to see it here because I thought we finally recived the definitive version of the game, but unfortunately no. Hope this could be solved quickly, I want to support you and the game developers, and finally complete my Hitman games collection.
high rated

So you want do continue to promote and sell a game for weeks, that contradicts your promise ("No activation or online connection required to play"). Bold move, GOG. Bold move.
low rated
joppo: First of all, I refuse to call those very pertinent reviews as "review bombing".
You are aware that I (despite the fact, that I don't own Hitman GOTY here on GOG) could go to the game's store page, scroll down to the review section, and write my own review for it.
[i](A pretty stupid decision if you ask me, because it opens up the floodgates for review bombing.)
[/i]
But anyway:
I could give it 1 star and use pretty harsh language to describe why I give only 1 star.

Maybe(!) GOG would then delete that review. But NOT because it rates the game with just 1 star, but because of the pretty harsh language used by me.

That's all they do, as far as I'm aware. There are still many 1 star reviews up.

joppo: ...without them addressing whatever made us pissed off.
But that's the problem, isn't it? You guys are pissed off by literally EVERYTHING!
They said, that they have DRM-Free cookies, so I came here for DRM-Free cookies. I just would not like to find some horse-donuts instead of cookies someday here. That would be too much of that kind of surprises for me :p
high rated

kai2: Troubling that GOG would do this in the first place...

... but...

... at least they are listening and potentially responding to the issues
Maybe, but they will not lose the chance to milk this release for "the coming weeks" before doing anything. The only redeemable thing they could do at this point is to stop the sales right now. We all know they won't do that.

Instead they will take the opportunity to make a quick buck out of this game since most buyers will not know/care about their game having DRM.

Make no mistake, they are being as dishonest as it gets with this. They knew exactly what they were doing by approving this release. They could have claimed ignorance on the extent of the DRM used in this game and stopped the sales as soon as the reports came in. Instead, their first answer was to downplay the issue by saying the campaign could still be played offline. Since nobody would shut up for 3 straight days, now they are "doing something" in the "coming weeks".

False advertisement, complacency, dishonesty, greed should be their knew motto instead of DRM-freedom. Outside of offline installers they have ZERO to offer over Steam.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by racofer
BreOl72: But that's the problem, isn't it? You guys are pissed off by literally EVERYTHING!
i recommend to take your hands off from the glue my friend.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by flabberghost