It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hitman: Absolution & Hitman: Blood Money are now available DRM-free. Get Hitman series 75% off until April 11th, 1pm UTC.

Money talks. Silence pays. Prepare to make a killing and follow the story of Hitman: Blood Money. When assassins from Agent 47's contract agency, The ICA, are eliminated in a series of hits, it seems a larger, more powerful agency has entered the fray. Sensing he may be a target, 47 travels to America, and prepares to make a killing.

Hitman: Absolution follows the Original Assassin undertaking his most personal contract to date. Betrayed by the Agency and hunted by the police, Agent 47 finds himself pursuing redemption in a corrupt and twisted world.
jepsen1977: Thanks dude - much appreciated.

PS: Love your username - my favourite movie of all time is TBL.
Oh, well, I dig your style, too, man. Got a whole cowboy thing going.
Post edited April 11, 2019 by TheDudeLebowski
darthspudius: haha fair. Should try it again and see how far you get. I didn't last long.
All right, finished Silent Assassin and Contracts, both with Silent Assassin rating, and I stand by my love of Silent Assassin and dislike of Contracts. Although Contracts does have two good levels.
low rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I bought these games the other night and I've been playing Hitman: Blood Money for the first time.

I'm not sure why many people rave about it in a positive light as if it's a masterpiece and one of the best games ever. From what I can tell, it's not bad, but it's not great either. It's definitely no "magnum opus," nor anything close.

Here are some of the issues I have with the game:

- Your saved games become erased if you exit out of the game (except that it still saves what mission you have reached up to). So if you are hours into playing a mission, and then want to stop playing, you are forced to lose all those hours of progress. This is absolutely terrible design! Some of the earlier posts in this thread do not make this point clear. They say things like you get a number of manual save slots based on the difficulty you choose, but they omit mentioning the fact that the game erases all of those save slots if you close the program.

- The controls are extremely clunky & awkward & imprecise. Countless times, my Fibre Wire and Syringes have failed to activate even though I deployed them properly. Instead of using those weapons after I inputted the commands for him to, my character instead just punched the enemy and took their gun and then fired it at them, even though I never wanted him to do that. And a lot of times, he gets owned in a botched attempt at that process whilst they gun him down after he fails to take their weapon. In cases where he does take & fire their weapon even when I didn't want him to do so, the noise of their loud weapons attracts all the other guards who come and own me en masse.

- Likewise, countless times my character took his sniper rifle out of its briefcase and assembled right out in the open in front of everyone, even though I didn't want him to do that. It happens solely due to the clunky & awkward interface. Every time this happens, it also results in all the guards coming to own me en masse.

- The coin item (which in theory, is there in your inventory solely because it is supposed to cause NPCs to become distracted whenever you throw it) seems to be useless 100% of the time, except for the one time at the start of the tutorial mission when the tutorial tells you to use it as part of a scripted event.

- There is no good place to hide the bodies 99% of the time. And during the 1% of the time when there is a container, then the container only takes a single body, which makes it mostly useless anyway. Games like Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun handle this problem much better.

On a similar note, actually, Shadow Tactics also makes their items which the devs designed to be distraction items actually be functional as distraction items - unlike the Blood Money coin item of epic design fail.

Also, Blood Money doesn't let you hide bodies in closets, which is a ridiculous oversight/shortcoming, as putting them in closets would be much preferable to just leaving them on the floor out in the open where they are bound to be found (as the game forces you to do almost always, since most of the time, it offers literally nowhere else to put them).

- Blood Money still has omniscient AI which knows what you are doing based on no logical reason whatsoever, and makes the game vastly unfair against the player. This omniscient AI thing was also a problem in the first two Hitman games which I played on disc when they first came out. An example of this happening to me in Blood Money: I had my character climb to the highest level of the scaffolding in the Opera House mission. He was probably 75-100 feet above the stage, while the three soldiers characters (including one of the mission targets) are on the stage at the same time, singing to each other.

In the very same millisecond when I take my sniper rifle out, the characters on the stage magically know instantly, and then they immediately duck and cower. Nothing about that is the least bit realistic.

- On the other hand, when the AI is not being unfairly omniscient, it's alternatively being brain-dead. I.e. in that same opera mission, the second target stays in his box seat room 100% of the time. Even he sees his best friend and the other actors get sniped on stage, he just stays right there in that box. Likewise, he and his guards had a much better line of sight to my character than the characters on the stage did... at this point I had even come down a couple of levels from where the omniscient AI example that I just cited occurred...yet those much-closer characters were still largely oblivious to my character's presence.

- After my character hit both of the targets - one while he was performing on the opera stage, and the other while he was in his box seat - and I had also blew up the chandelier which caused it to crash into the floor, then I climbed back up to the highest scaffolding level and changed into a maintenance guy's clothes. Once I had done that, I walked all the way back through the entire building, and dozens and dozens of NPCs were still going about their day as if nothing at all had just happened. No one was panicking, no one was running around, no one was eagerly trying to run out of the building, no one was asking each other what just happened.

Their complete lack of reactivity to the deadly events that had just occurred was ludicrously unbelievable.
WAIT UNTILL YOU PLAY HITMAN ABSOLUTION , IT IS THE GREATEST FPS I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED AND I HAVE PLAYED MOST. THE SIZE , THE GRAPHICS, THE STORYLINE, THE FINESSE, THE ACCURACY, IT FEELS PRETTY REAL IT EVEN HAS BULLET LAG. THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS YOU CAN COMPLETE A MISSION THE PEOPLE THAT MADE THIS ARE GENIUSES. I WISH YOU WELL AND ABOVE ALL , ENJOY.
jepsen1977: Does anyone know if the first two Hitman games work on Win 10? The GOG page only lists 7 and 8 as supported.
TheDudeLebowski: Tried Silent Assassin recently, and it works like a charm (if you ignore the bugs and the glitches that came with the game on launch).

Haven't tried Codename 47 on a Win10 machine. I'm assuming it works the same way as SA.
GO STRAIGHT TO HITMAN ABSOLUTION , IT IS SUPERB
Post edited May 19, 2019 by 99Antony
low rated
Barry_Woodward: Hitman: Codename 47 is #399 on the all time bestselling list!
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin is #403 on the all time bestselling list!

https://www.gog.com/games?sort=bestselling&page=9

Hitman 3: Contracts is #447 on the all time bestselling list!

https://www.gog.com/games?sort=bestselling&page=10

Hitman 4: Blood Money is #1,127 on the all time bestselling list!

https://www.gog.com/games?sort=bestselling&page=24

Hitman 5: Absolution is #1,210 on the all time bestselling list!

https://www.gog.com/games?sort=bestselling&page=26
HITMAN ABSOLUTION IS THE GREATEST FPS I HAVE EVER PLAYED. AS GOOD AS CRYSIS AND FEAR, ACTUALLY BETTER.