It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

History Lessons

A new batch of Paradox Strategy titles comes to GOG.com, just in time for yet another floor of the Bundle Tower! That's <span class="bold">Europa Universalis II</span>, <span class="bold">Europa Universalis: Rome Gold</span> and <span class="bold">Hearts of Iron II: Complete</span> - our bundle of <span class="bold">History Lessons</span>!

<span class="bold">Europa Universalis II</span> is very much like the original title - but with a longer timeline, hundreds of new provinces and playable countries, and even more detail combined with quality of life improvements. It's the sequel to the award winning (and groundbreaking) strategy title that's spawned so many of Paradox Entertainment's future games - including the two released today.
One of EU's direct descendants, <span class="bold">Europa Universalis: Rome Gold</span> also known simply as Rome, brings the familiar gameplay into 250 years of Roman history, with a few twists like a fully 3D-map, and a story that can start all the way back in the year 27 B.C. The Gold release also includes the Vae Victis expansion pack.
<span class="bold">Hearts of Iron II: Complete</span>, like any Paradox sequel, is both deeper and more streamlined than the previous entry, offering an all-around improved hour-by-hour World War 2 grand-strategy simulation full of historical detail, and tactical depth. Small-scale invasion scenarios to all out global war - this one has you covered.

Learning history has never been more fun, than with the Bundle Tower <span class="bold">History Lessons</span>, available now 75% off on GOG.com!
Paradox: No games for w<span class="bold">EA</span>ners ;o)

Can I play as a barbarian culture in EU:RG? I guess the answer is "yes" but I would like to know it for sure.
I wanna kick some roman asses :D
JudasIscariot: It's included with Doomsday :)
May i suggest to include this infromation somewhere , because that's not clear when you go in the gamecard and in the customer's shelf.

erm , maybe input in the gamecard : "The complete edition includes the base game and standalone expansion Doomsday whcih itself includes the Armagueddon add-on"

That's wiil reflect the 2 entries in the shelf in a better way.

well just a thought ;)

and it's really bad to have to check outside the gamecard (for the record in the paradox forums)to get the accurate information :'(
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi2-dd-armageddon-what-is-what.357644/

Also : the downloader uses those directories ;

hearts_of_iron_2
hearts_of_iron_ii_doomsday

......... facepalm to the person who inputed those ....... :/
Post edited April 20, 2015 by DyNaer
I just want to add something to Dynaers comment.

When you buy Hearts of Iron 2 on gog you get two installers.

1. Hearts of Iron 2
2. Hearts of Iron 2 Doomsday

The version number 1 is an obsolete version since every addon (Armageddon + Doomsday) to the game is basically a patch and feature expansion of the base game (more scenarios and other gameplay features).

So if you wan't to enjoy Hearts of Iron 2 Complete Edition then download Hearts of Iron 2 Doomsday that includes Doomsday and Armageddon feature expansions and forget about the first installer.
gamefood: Paradox: No games for w<span class="bold">EA</span>ners ;o)

Can I play as a barbarian culture in EU:RG? I guess the answer is "yes" but I would like to know it for sure.
I wanna kick some roman asses :D
You can play as: Greece, Carthage, Rome, Egypt, Germania, Seleucid, Persia, Scythia, Gaul and Iberia.
Post edited April 17, 2015 by Matruchus
deonast: More comfortable when they are thin and if you are male women will admire the bulge being in the right place rather than the wallet.

That's what I tell myself anyway ;P
xep624: Hahahaha! But is it working? I was told that the thick wallet attracts women... Especially when you are getting older and older... But anyway you can always stuff wallets with unpaid bills and receipts and from the distance it will look good too. Anyway, thanks for the laughs mate!
No problem, "looks down" no not working :)
Matruchus: You can play as: Greece, Carthage, Rome, Egypt, Germania, Seleucid, Persia, Scythia, Gaul and Iberia.
Alright, thanks Matruchus. Bought. :)
edited
Post edited May 19, 2015 by ne_zavarj
ne_zavarj: Another vote for the Asian Chapters .
To conceitedly quote myself:
Spinorial: Btw, forget Asian Chapters! They're rubbish. Also, unpatched. Also, unsupported. They're like those third-party expansions that StarCraft got, the ones that suck and most people haven't even heard of.
Spinorial: To conceitedly quote myself:
Spinorial: Btw, forget Asian Chapters! They're rubbish. Also, unpatched. Also, unsupported. They're like those third-party expansions that StarCraft got, the ones that suck and most people haven't even heard of.
Spinorial:
Thanks for the warning .