It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hero's Hour is a fantastic, turn-based role-playing title where you take control of your hero, explore the world, build up your town, fight fast-paced battles, level up your hero and amass an army large enough to take out the opponents – all with gorgeous pixel art!

Now, its Deluxe Edition is available on GOG containing both the base game and its Rogue Realms DLC. Moreover, every owner of the base game can enjoy a -70% discount on the Deluxe Edition.

Rogue Realms is a major expansion to Hero’s Hour, focusing on the wilderness and untamed lands - and the strange creatures, cults and societies that live there. It contains the titular Rogue faction (including 12 different Rogue towns), 50+ new units, 25+ new heroes, 25+ new skills, more variation in buildings for old factions, new adventure map objects, new spells, artifacts and unit abilities!

Check it out and enjoy immense amounts of adventure fun!
angelblue: I've spoken at length with Goblinz developers. I can confirm that it's for technical reasons.

They tried for a long time to solve the problem with GOG, but without any convincing result. I could go into detail, but it's a rather complex subject.

Here's what a Goblinz develloper told me (I translated from French to English with DeepL, so excuse me if the translation isn't right):

"But basically everything that's dependent on the game and the store doesn't work on GoG.
So there's no way to check that the person has the DLC
There's no potential way to link it to successes either
And no way of activating or deactivating the supporter's content depending on whether or not you have it.
That's why we workaround making a second app for the DLC, because it's the most important, but we're not going to make a 3rd app to support it on top of that."

Goblinz also assumes that the engine is not very well suited to gog for dlc.
EDIT: I guess they were really tied to Steam from the outset then. Maybe they won't do that so heavily in future.
Post edited June 02, 2023 by paladin181
angelblue: I've spoken at length with Goblinz developers. I can confirm that it's for technical reasons.

They tried for a long time to solve the problem with GOG, but without any convincing result. I could go into detail, but it's a rather complex subject.

Here's what a Goblinz develloper told me (I translated from French to English with DeepL, so excuse me if the translation isn't right):

"But basically everything that's dependent on the game and the store doesn't work on GoG.
So there's no way to check that the person has the DLC
There's no potential way to link it to successes either
And no way of activating or deactivating the supporter's content depending on whether or not you have it.
That's why we workaround making a second app for the DLC, because it's the most important, but we're not going to make a 3rd app to support it on top of that."

Goblinz also assumes that the engine is not very well suited to gog for dlc.
paladin181: So EVERY other title that has released DLC and supporter packs on GOG is justy full of shit and you're not getting that? Maybe Goblinz is just technically incompetent, then? I don't understand how their game that works on Steam can't fetch the exact same info from GOG, or have a file install that just implants the DLC to the game. Like LITERALLY everyone else.
I'd just like to say that I don't know what the technical problem is, but the game funcions really weird.
I have the game on Steam, but it isn't installed.
I have the GOG version installed, but when I start it I get the Steam overlay and Steam tracks my time and achivements.
It's just weird all around.
DodoGeo: I'd just like to say that I don't know what the technical problem is, but the game funcions really weird.
I have the game on Steam, but it isn't installed.
I have the GOG version installed, but when I start it I get the Steam overlay and Steam tracks my time and achivements.
It's just weird all around.
Must be really integrated hard with Steam then. Kudos for them to at least try to "unintegrate" it so it can be here. I take it back, it seems like they really tried. Maybe not tying everything to Steam to begin with would be a better route next time.