It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hero's Hour is a fantastic, turn-based role-playing title where you take control of your hero, explore the world, build up your town, fight fast-paced battles, level up your hero and amass an army large enough to take out the opponents – all with gorgeous pixel art!

Now, its Deluxe Edition is available on GOG containing both the base game and its Rogue Realms DLC. Moreover, every owner of the base game can enjoy a -70% discount on the Deluxe Edition.

Rogue Realms is a major expansion to Hero’s Hour, focusing on the wilderness and untamed lands - and the strange creatures, cults and societies that live there. It contains the titular Rogue faction (including 12 different Rogue towns), 50+ new units, 25+ new heroes, 25+ new skills, more variation in buildings for old factions, new adventure map objects, new spells, artifacts and unit abilities!

Check it out and enjoy immense amounts of adventure fun!
Finally! ;)
It wasn't easy for the studio to release the dlc on GOG (technical problem). But they finally succeeded. So don't hesitate to thank them by buying the game.=)
Finally it's here!
Too bad no supporter pack with the nice skins...
How do you like it? I've heard a lots of good opinions about it.
Reglisse: Finally it's here!
They have tried many solutions with GOG for the supporter pack. But nothing worked. Little chance of seeing it released
Reglisse: Finally it's here!
angelblue: They have tried many solutions with GOG for the supporter pack. But nothing worked. Little chance of seeing it released
I know ^^
I bought the game + DLC and Pack on Steam :)
*sigh*

Again no one does the math. Probably assuming we won't either.

Hero's Hour is $17.99
Deluxe is $23.38
So 23.38 - 17.99 = $5.39 difference from the base game to the Deluxe.

With 70% discount, the Deluxe is $7.01

So owners of the base game get a "discount" of paying $1,62 more for the Deluxe edition.

Brilliant marketing. Way to sell your game.
The pricing doesn't seem unreasonable to me...many games release DLC at a standalone price (e.g. $7) and also release a complete version of the game that is cheaper than buying the two separately.

What I want to know (and will never find out because GOG doesn't read these threads) is:

Why is this deluxe edition listed as a separate game when it is clearly an expansion?

And what I really want to know is:

Does this major expansion make it even more like HOMM3? Because, we all know what sells games and that is constantly comparing it to HOMM3 and declaring it the new HOMM3, because, you know, HOMM3.
how exactly do I get the 70% discount?

Edit: oh... you simply add it to your cart...
Post edited June 01, 2023 by MadalinStroe
Slash Vohaul: *sigh*

Hero's Hour is $17.99
Deluxe is $23.38

So owners of the base game get a "discount" of paying $1,62 more for the Deluxe edition.

It's not brilliant marketing or anything galaxy brain math like that.
It's 70% off costing 7$ because that is the price you would pay on Steam for the DLC.
They had technical difficulties on how to integrate the DLC as it proved impossible the classic way, so they made two entries one the vanilla game and one as a "deluxe edition" with the DLC.
lupineshadow: The pricing doesn't seem unreasonable to me...many games release DLC at a standalone price (e.g. $7) and also release a complete version of the game that is cheaper than buying the two separately.

What I want to know (and will never find out because GOG doesn't read these threads) is:

Why is this deluxe edition listed as a separate game when it is clearly an expansion?

And what I really want to know is:

Does this major expansion make it even more like HOMM3? Because, we all know what sells games and that is constantly comparing it to HOMM3 and declaring it the new HOMM3, because, you know, HOMM3.
Hi, in short, because of technical difficulties they couldn't sell or integrade the expansion as classic DLC.
The Deluxe version costs 7$ for previous owners as it would if you bought it on Steam.
Post edited June 01, 2023 by DodoGeo
DodoGeo: Hi, in short, because of technical difficulties they couldn't sell or integrade the expansion as classic DLC.
The Deluxe version costs 7$ for previous owners as it would if you bought it on Steam.
What are these technical difficulties?

Because I posit that these difficulties are not technical, but marketing-related.

This game was pushed heavily as the next HOMM3.

Despite the fact that the core mechanics make that impossible.

Despite the fact that the quality of the games are clearly different.

Because GOG is increasingly dishonest.
DodoGeo: Hi, in short, because of technical difficulties they couldn't sell or integrade the expansion as classic DLC.
lupineshadow: What are these technical difficulties?

Because I posit that these difficulties are not technical, but marketing-related.

This game was pushed heavily as the next HOMM3.

Despite the fact that the core mechanics make that impossible.

Despite the fact that the quality of the games are clearly different.

Because GOG is increasingly dishonest.
I've spoken at length with Goblinz developers. I can confirm that it's for technical reasons.

They tried for a long time to solve the problem with GOG, but without any convincing result. I could go into detail, but it's a rather complex subject.

Here's what a Goblinz develloper told me (I translated from French to English with DeepL, so excuse me if the translation isn't right):

"But basically everything that's dependent on the game and the store doesn't work on GoG.
So there's no way to check that the person has the DLC
There's no potential way to link it to successes either
And no way of activating or deactivating the supporter's content depending on whether or not you have it.
That's why we workaround making a second app for the DLC, because it's the most important, but we're not going to make a 3rd app to support it on top of that."

Goblinz also assumes that the engine is not very well suited to gog for dlc.
Slash Vohaul: *sigh*

Hero's Hour is $17.99
Deluxe is $23.38

And in other regions you actually pay less if you buy both the base and deluxe.

angelblue: I've spoken at length with Goblinz developers. I can confirm that it's for technical reasons.

They tried for a long time to solve the problem with GOG, but without any convincing result. I could go into detail, but it's a rather complex subject.

Here's what a Goblinz develloper told me (I translated from French to English with DeepL, so excuse me if the translation isn't right):

"But basically everything that's dependent on the game and the store doesn't work on GoG.
So there's no way to check that the person has the DLC
There's no potential way to link it to successes either
And no way of activating or deactivating the supporter's content depending on whether or not you have it.
That's why we workaround making a second app for the DLC, because it's the most important, but we're not going to make a 3rd app to support it on top of that."

Goblinz also assumes that the engine is not very well suited to gog for dlc.
I'm sorry, but when words like "check" pop up it suspicious sounds like DRM. So it appears that rather than trusting a user to own the installed DLC they integrated DRM into their game which they couldn't completely remove to support the GOG version and GOG doesn't support the DRM. Makes me wonder if there isn't some hidden remnant of DRM left in both the base and deluxe versions.
angelblue: Goblinz also assumes that the engine is not very well suited to gog for dlc.
Looking at the file list on Gogdb, the installation (of either version) includes a file called "mods/Hero’s Hour - Modding Guide.pdf", along with a mod written by DeadSaracen and a "mods/Sample Mods" directory with 18 subdirectories.