It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Where liberty costs an arm and a leg.

<span class="bold">Hard West: Scars of Freedom</span>, the organ-swapping story set in the spooky, turn-based Weird West, is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com. You can also pick up the base game with a 30% launch discount.

Is death a fair price to pay for a taste of freedom? How about a pound of flesh? Libertee, a former slave who got gravely injured while trying to escape, unwittingly becomes the subject of Dr. Gorman's brutal experiments. He reanimates her and augments her body free of charge, but when Libertee wakes up there will be hell to pay.

No matter how you choose to dispose of your opponents in the turn-based battlefields of the horror-filled Weird West, body augmentations can give you a gross advantage. Stitching in the iron stomach of a war veteran for additional courage or replacing your heart with that of a bull's for increased vitality are all fair game. That is, until you look yourself in the mirror and start wondering who the monster of this story really is.

Hunt down a shadowy cabal of dubious practitioners of medicine and try to close your <span class="bold">Scars of Freedom</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 30% discount will last until March 11.
mrkgnao: Did you enjoy the base game? What did you like about it? What not?
hummer010: The battles are fantastic tactical battles - think XCOM + some stealth + the old west. I really enjoyed the battles. The rest of the game is kind of meh. The mining and such is just an interlude to the battles.

The story is Good. The voice acting is good. It worked well on Linux.

Did I mention that I liked the battles?
Thanks. I already played the game. I just wanted to get your impression.
I completely agree that everything except the battles was meh.

The battles were rather fun, but once I realised that there was really only one mechanic that mattered (cover), and nothing else (characters, guns, cards, drugs, etc.) really played any significant role, the game became annoyingly unchallenging (hardly any character of mine died in a battle when playing on hard with combat injuries -- ironically, some did die when I answered "wrongly" in some world map encounters (e.g. fighting the circus strongman)).

So, while I agree the battles were fun, I was all in all quite disappointed.
Post edited March 05, 2016 by mrkgnao
This looks like my kind of game but I do not remember the base game getting here. More to add to the wishlist even if $13.99 seems quite reasonable.
tokisto: It looks interesting. The "Rebalanced combat and character progression, offering a tighter, more challenging gameplay experience." affects the gameplay of main title or just the DLC?
That sentence refers to the altered character customization system in the DLC scenario but alongside this DLC patch 1.4 was released which has notably improved the ability balance in the base game. You can read the changelog here.
GOG.com: organ-swaping story
Might as well point out this typo, since every Galaxy user will be seeing it on their launch page.
Post edited March 05, 2016 by a4plz
GOG.com: organ-swaping story
a4plz: Might as well point out this typo, since every Galaxy user will be seeing it on their launch page.
Oh no, that's not a typo. We've made up the verb "to swape" which refers specifically to exchanging people's body parts against their will. Really. Well, no, not really. It could be a thing, though.
F4LL0UT: Oh no, that's not a typo. We've made up the verb "to swape" which refers specifically to exchanging people's body parts against their will. Really. Well, no, not really. It could be a thing, though.
Oh you. I was literally bracing for someone to tell me "swape" is part of the in-game lexicon.
F4LL0UT: Oh no, that's not a typo. We've made up the verb "to swape" which refers specifically to exchanging people's body parts against their will. Really. Well, no, not really. It could be a thing, though.
a4plz: Oh you. I was literally bracing for someone to tell me "swape" is part of the in-game lexicon.
A swape is a large oar in Northern English (Newcastle) dialect. Perhaps they are taking an organ and transforming it into a large oar. It's possible.
tinyE had a swape once...he didn't like it.
As a backer, do I need to request a GOG key separately for this (update said it's free to backers)?
Ah! The DLC has arrived, alas! Caught this on that other platform initially, and wonder when it would reach here.
Daliz: As a backer, do I need to request a GOG key separately for this (update said it's free to backers)?
I'm a backer too. I've checked and we had to ask Creative Forge directly for the GOG key, so I dunno how it'll work for the DLC.
Where is the patch 1.4 for Hard West? Is it coming?
trusteft: Where is the patch 1.4 for Hard West? Is it coming?
We've updated the main installer for the game. The Windows patch for the offline installer should be here on Monday. We've had some issues on our end with the patch hence the reason we've only got the main installer updated but no patch atm.
tokisto: It looks interesting. The "Rebalanced combat and character progression, offering a tighter, more challenging gameplay experience." affects the gameplay of main title or just the DLC?
F4LL0UT: That sentence refers to the altered character customization system in the DLC scenario but alongside this DLC patch 1.4 was released which has notably improved the ability balance in the base game. You can read the changelog here.
Thanks for the info!
trusteft: Where is the patch 1.4 for Hard West? Is it coming?
JudasIscariot: We've updated the main installer for the game. The Windows patch for the offline installer should be here on Monday. We've had some issues on our end with the patch hence the reason we've only got the main installer updated but no patch atm.
ok thank you, I will wait.