It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're casting True Resurrection on Eye of the Beholder and twelve more D&D GoldBox classics.

You are sitting in a tavern. The mighty Wizards of the Coast bestow upon you their greatest treasures: Forgotten Realms: The Archives - long lost relics of an RPG renaissance that changed the face of gaming forever. Today, one of the forgotten grails of gaming history is within your grasp, should you travel to a magical, DRM-free realm known as GOG.com

Eye of the Beholder, Pool of Radiance, Menzoberranzan - the list of groundbreaking RPG classics goes on. We set out on the quest for Forgotten Realms: The Archives a long time ago, and though it was a perilous journey - after years of searching, huge help from our friends at Hasbro and Wizards of The Coast, as well as months of technical work - we get to be freaking excited to sit here and say:
Forgotten Realms: The Archives are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

The Archives are a set of thirteen D&D GoldBox classics packaged across three collections:
--<span class="bold">Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection One</span> features Eye of the Beholder I, II, and III. It's the three and only, the gold-standard in classic RPG dungeon crawling.

--<span class="bold">Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Two</span> features more gameplay hours and secrets than we could ever count - with Pool of Radiance, Hillsfar, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Gateway to the Savage Frontier, Pools of Darkness, Secret of the Silver Blades, Treasures of the Savage Frontier, and D&D: Unlimited Adventures.

--<span class="bold">Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Three</span> features near-infinite replay value and and an important chunk of RPG history with Dungeon Hack and Menzoberranzan.

We are now home to precisely 20 years of digital D&D RPG history - from Pool of Radiance (1988) to Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir (2008). You can also complete your personal collection with all the remaining D&D titles on sale at up to 80% off in our early D&amp;D Weekend Promo! Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights - they're all here, so head straight to the promo page, or read more about it.

Stream watch:

We'll be featuring lots of D&D classics at Twitch.tv/GOGcom - follow us to not miss 'em or read on for the full Dungeon-and-Dragon-filled schedule below!

THURSDAY, August 20th:
2pm GMT / 4pm CEST / 10am EDT / 7am PDT: Pool of Radiance with Classicor
4pm GMT / 6pm CEST / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT: Eye of the Beholder II with MegapiemanPHD
6pm GMT / 8pm CEST / 2pm EDT / 11am PDT: Eye of the Beholder with Outstar
10pm GMT / 12am CEST / 6pm EDT / 3pm PDT: Menzoberranzan with Classicor

FRIDAY, August 21st:
6pm GMT / 8pm CEST / 2pm EDT / 11am PDT: Curse of the Azure Bonds with Piranjade

SUNDAY, August 23rd:
10pm GMT / 12am CEST / 6pm EDT / 3pm PDT: Dungeon Hack with Classicor
jkiiskinen: Pool of Radiance shelf graphic is from Ruins of Myth Drannor, not the original PoR.

[/pedant]
LiquidOxygen80: Oh god, if they bring that one, please tell them to make sure it's patched. It, much like another game with Myth in the title, would delete your hard drive if you attempted to uninstall it unpatched. I had hard copies of both games. :|
I installed and uninstalled RoMD (unpatched) several times and it never did anything harmful to my hard drive. It behaved within normal parameters, but sadly was unable to create a compelling experience while being played.
Ixamyakxim: Oh for sure that was my first guess as well. I tossed in the "if CDPR has any inclination" mostly because I assumed it'd be their time that would be the block to it happening, not the rights owner's desire (unless of course they do hate money LOL ;) ).

As much as Eye of the Beholder could be interesting, I'd MUCH rather see Cyberpunk! And whatever they (CDPR) have up their sleeve after that!
IAmSinistar: I think CDPR should acquire the devs behind the Legend of Grimrock games, rebrand them as CD Project Blue or somesuch, and have them make EOTB 4. It would be a marriage made in heaven.
I'm afraid that would result in EOB4 having too many annoying teleporter riddles and pressure plate puzzles.
Post edited August 21, 2015 by stryx
Curses... you release this /ON/ my bday after I spent all my bday money... you love to tease me GOG. Looks like I get to try to push my luck with wife and family for "one last thing" :)
SpiralJacobs: This is absolutely ridiculous...but I can't figure out how to select a different race when creating characters in Pool of Radiance. Arrow down doesn't seem to work, the letters for the races don't seem to work...what am I doing wrong...Great release, though!
Same problem here. No mouse recognition, "E" to choose Elf race chooses Exit instead.
SpiralJacobs: This is absolutely ridiculous...but I can't figure out how to select a different race when creating characters in Pool of Radiance. Arrow down doesn't seem to work, the letters for the races don't seem to work...what am I doing wrong...Great release, though!
sball: Same problem here. No mouse recognition, "E" to choose Elf race chooses Exit instead.
Home/End. And read the manual or use the Gold Box Companion, because anything but human sucks hard in these games.
sball: Same problem here. No mouse recognition, "E" to choose Elf race chooses Exit instead.
Starmaker: Home/End. And read the manual or use the Gold Box Companion, because anything but human sucks hard in these games.
Oh yes, level cap - how I hate thee!
YAY! This is what I've been waiting for ever since I made my GOG account. Now excuse me, I just need to take a month off. If I'm not back by the years end do send a search party out for me, please.
Starmaker: Home/End. And read the manual or use the Gold Box Companion, because anything but human sucks hard in these games.
Ah, many thanks!

(I've also got 100 questions for the support team, but all the "contact us" buttons keep sending me back to the initial support page. Dosbox freezes in fullscreen and doesn't resize in window, all kinds of things. I've read the support articles and they don't cover it. Oh well, I'll check the rest of the internet for general Dosbox help).
sball: Ah, many thanks!

(I've also got 100 questions for the support team, but all the "contact us" buttons keep sending me back to the initial support page. Dosbox freezes in fullscreen and doesn't resize in window, all kinds of things. I've read the support articles and they don't cover it. Oh well, I'll check the rest of the internet for general Dosbox help).
Try this one for Collection two.
Fab, thanks again!
I remember trying Ravenloft a while ago, it's the same engine as Menzoberranzan, and the controls were awful. It's one of those games where everything is controlled via the mouse. Imagine driving a car using only one finger, that's how awkward it was.

EDIT: kind of like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cxM5UIsAnE
Post edited August 21, 2015 by HiPhish
Well done, gOg! A big pat on the back to all of you.
toxicTom: Although many of these games have not aged gracefully... They are such an important part of gaming history!
It will be difficult for me to not look at the Gold Box games through rainbow-tinted Nostalgia Goggles, remembering them as more awesome than they actually turn out to be when returning to them so many years later.

But for certain, around 1990 Pool of Radiance cemented my love for PC gaming, and I will forever love it and curse it for both of those reasons.
Awesome additions here! I'd probably buy them if I didn't have them on CD already. But it's about time.
I just realized that we might also get some of the more questionable parts of the old D&D catalog on top of the influential classics. I personally cannot wait for GOG to put out Descent to Undermountain and charge $5.99 for the privilege of playing such a... classic. Not sure if that early 2000s Pool of Radiance game is covered under whatever deal GOG has with Hasbro either, but they should get that too.
So there I was at work with some spare moments, and I casually browsed to GOG to see if there was anything new.
And what do I see?!

EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

*pant pant*

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

*Faints from sheer excitement*
And to think some people here thought GOG has forgotten about its roots - ha!

Matt Barton will be in seventh heaven when he get´s the wind of it :)