It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark is now available DRM-free. Get it 15% off until May 7th, 5pm UTC.

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark is a story-driven, turn-based tactical RPG set in a fantasy world with a touch of steampunk. Take control of the Arbiter Kyrie, an agent of the Immortal Council, tasked with preserving stability and order throughout the land. Select and customize your troops before leading them through rich hand-crafted scenarios to rid the world of deepening corruption.
Wishlisted till I can afford it.
Crisco1492: Two hours in, this game is really scratching that Final Fantasy Tactics itch. The base mechanics are pretty much exactly as I remember Final Fantasy Tactics on the PS1, complete with class mixing, 100EXP = 1 level, bonus experience for interacting with higher-level characters (and penalties for interacting with lower-level characters), etc. No random encounters, though... you choose whether or not you want to "patrol" an area (i.e. fight enemies). A bit wonky to use the D-pad on a joystick controller, but you get used to it. All-in-all, well worth the money so far. (No full review until I'm, y'know, past the first few stages)
Have you tried mouse controls? If yes, how good is it?
This looks interesting, but for once I really don't like the art style. Can't even put my finger on why that is - it just somehow repulses me.
Crisco1492: Two hours in, this game is really scratching that Final Fantasy Tactics itch. The base mechanics are pretty much exactly as I remember Final Fantasy Tactics on the PS1, complete with class mixing, 100EXP = 1 level, bonus experience for interacting with higher-level characters (and penalties for interacting with lower-level characters), etc. No random encounters, though... you choose whether or not you want to "patrol" an area (i.e. fight enemies). A bit wonky to use the D-pad on a joystick controller, but you get used to it. All-in-all, well worth the money so far. (No full review until I'm, y'know, past the first few stages)
trusteft: Have you tried mouse controls? If yes, how good is it?
*tests game*
I found the keyboard controls easier than the mouse. Given that the combat is turn-based and menu-driven, that's not surprising. Pretty much everything is remappable except for the left and right mouse buttons (see screenshot).
Attachments:
Post edited May 01, 2019 by Crisco1492
Crisco1492: ...
Thanks for all the information. :-)

Looks very interesting. Bought.
trusteft: Have you tried mouse controls? If yes, how good is it?
Crisco1492: *tests game*
I found the keyboard controls easier than the mouse. Given that the combat is turn-based and menu-driven, that's not surprising. Pretty much everything is remappable except for the left and right mouse buttons (see screenshot).
Thank You.
toxicTom: This looks interesting, but for once I really don't like the art style. Can't even put my finger on why that is - it just somehow repulses me.
I wouldn't say repulsed, but I do agree.
Feels very stiff to me, and how the limbs move remind me of old flash games.
Waldschatten: So, I'm interested in hearing from people who own the game, was the story beefed up to match the quality of the mechanics since I played an early build that seemed more like a demo for a truly timeles epic than a game in and of itself?
Well, devs added some "Special Events" that expand characters' backshories. There are some additional optional (and even secret) battles that also add to overall impression.

But personally, I think the story is sitll pretty generic and characters are quite bland. There are also numerous plotholes, so no "digging deeper meaning" here.
Looks beautiful, I hope it have a good story and gameplay ^_^
I do not like the art style, but everything else sounds good, especially as the game comes with a Linux version and good language support.

PS: Oh, and I love the system requirements. Multi-platform support and low system requirements, it looks like there are still some good game developers out there. :)
Post edited May 02, 2019 by eiii
I have to say, so far in play, this game is pretty damned good. I'd certainly recommend it for anyone who enjoys tactical, turn-based combat. The story so far is nicely done. Difficulty is highly customizable to your liking. Art and music are good. (Sound and animation are budget, but not off-putting in anyway.) Game play -- the important part -- is top-notch.
Great game overall, don't want to jump straight to nitpicks before that's out of the way. It's been a long time since Final Fantasy Tactics! Wow.

toxicTom: This looks interesting, but for once I really don't like the art style. Can't even put my finger on why that is - it just somehow repulses me.
I wouldn't go quite that far, but it does feel just a little bit off in the animations somehow. The portraits are better, though some of those are better than others. Reimer's surprised face sort of also looks slightly unfinished somehow.

I don't think it's the stiff animations necessarily that do it. Sure, it could use more frames, but there's something about the overall proportions, perhaps. I'm not an artist, so idk what to say concretely about it.