It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Travel the fantasy realm and beat up tons of monsters in a world-traversing RPG! Evenicle is now available on GOG.COM with a 35% discount that will disappear on 1st November 2021, 4 PM UTC.

Note: This game contains adult content and as such may not be available in some countries.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Bigs: Not banned per se (AFIAK) but not rated (hasn't been submitted for classification)
I think the difference being that Steam is big enough not to give two F's about selling it - whereas GOG may have more to lose? Iunno
Magmarock: If a game was never submitted it can't be banned. It's a loophole.
So it's just GOG blocking it for Australian customers because they think it might get banned here, which isn't a bad prediction as our Classification Board really seems to have a sensitivity for "sexual violence".
low rated
BroscienceEngineer: If you don't like it, why are you here? Stop imposing your puritan values on all of us. Damn old people ruining our fun just like old people of your generation tried to ban violence in games.
Oh troll, you never let me down!
TheGrimLord: Yes, it is political extremism. Your politics of what you define as morally right. Suddenly, you've become God. You're goddamned right we're gonna defend this stuff and if you think that this game looks creepy, then maybe you're the one who shouldn't be playing it the most. After all, you're the one virtue signaling.
You seem very upset that not everyone respects fetish game you like. Maybe reflect that it's a weird expectation instead of ranting for pages about types of rape games or how light criticism is oppression.
TheGrimLord: Yes, it is political extremism. Your politics of what you define as morally right. Suddenly, you've become God. You're goddamned right we're gonna defend this stuff and if you think that this game looks creepy, then maybe you're the one who shouldn't be playing it the most. After all, you're the one virtue signaling.
Reinmar: You seem very upset that not everyone respects fetish game you like. Maybe reflect that it's a weird expectation instead of ranting for pages about types of rape games or how light criticism is oppression.
It's not even a rape game. A rape game is something more like Illusion's RapeLay, which is a literal rape game. Just because a game has scenes of rape, does not make it a rape game and you normies would do well to learn that. The fact that you're calling it a rape game shows how clueless you really are.

Evenicle is a legitimate RPG. The player fights random battles, collects equipment and runs around on a full map. The proper term is an ero-RPG or an H-RPG. The battle screen looks very similar to Dragon Quest. It's not even about fetish, which again shows how clueless you are. I like H-Games simply because they aren't restrained. Characters don't have to be a checkmark on a box. They can use foul language and don't have to worry about censoring expression, violence or gore. If hardcore sex is allowed, then by definition are things you will never see in the AAA market. To be fair, there are a lot of sex scenes I skip, unless I'm recording for my fans.

Evenicle is a game and it has a story plot. It has objectives that are not "go rape this girl." That may be a part of the game, but it is not THE game. This is the problem that the normies will always have with the adult market. You assume we're here just for the sex, meanwhile everything that gets watered down in AAA or even the indie market absolutely has no boundaries here.

Reinmar: You seem very upset that not everyone respects fetish game you like. Maybe reflect that it's a weird expectation instead of ranting for pages about types of rape games or how light criticism is oppression.
One more thing. You're not criticizing based on valid criticisms. To say the game is bad because of a poor translation or just plain terrible gameplay are valid reasons. But to criticize the game just because it happens to have rape in it is not in any way valid. That has been part of this genre since the 1980's. The DOS era in Japan. Since the early days of Rance. You cannot criticize a game for something that is culturally significant to the genre and has been there since the 1980s. It is a disgrace to the Japanese ero-genre of gaming. Remember, this is another country and another culture. They have no issue with it there, where it is very popular.
Post edited October 26, 2021 by TheGrimLord
Cerzel: I was talking about Sengoku Rance. That's why I quoted the part where you mentioned Sengoku Rance.
Sorry, overlooked that part because I'm so used to people just quoting the whole thing.
Great to see that GOG seems to be finally stopping their former long-time practice of censoring/banning games solely for political reasons.
low rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Great to see that GOG seems to be finally stopping their former long-time practice of censoring/banning games solely for political reasons.
Let's hope it doesn't stop simply because they are switching staff. I noticed that some that banned me from speaking up about these kinda things are no longer working here.
Now all we need is the uncensored versions of the games here from Sekai Project and MangaGamer. I have talked to MangaGamer but that is like wishing in one hand and urinating in the other. Obviously, one fills up quite a bit more. MangaGamer is a company I like, but they're just not very transparent.

I have yet to talk to Sekai Project.
TheGrimLord: Now all we need is the uncensored versions of the games here from Sekai Project and MangaGamer. I have talked to MangaGamer but that is like wishing in one hand and urinating in the other. Obviously, one fills up quite a bit more. MangaGamer is a company I like, but they're just not very transparent.

Yeah, I agree. I'd like to see GOG go back and start hosting the uncensored versions of some of these visual novels they have for sale, or at the very least start offering the patches here also.

I mean, something like Ditzy Demons that released here not that long ago should be sold fully uncensored or they should be selling the AO Content as a DLC like it is on Steam.

If someone wants the complete version of that game they need to buy the DLC to uncensor the game on Denpasoft, and there's a fandisc that they'd need to buy also on Denpasoft. While on Steam you can just buy the DLC and Fandisc on Steam which are marked as "Adult Only".

If people need to jump through hoops while buying the GOG version then there's no point in having it here. At the very least it needs to be the same as the Steam options or even better.
TheGrimLord: Now all we need is the uncensored versions of the games here from Sekai Project and MangaGamer. I have talked to MangaGamer but that is like wishing in one hand and urinating in the other. Obviously, one fills up quite a bit more. MangaGamer is a company I like, but they're just not very transparent.

TomNuke: Yeah, I agree. I'd like to see GOG go back and start hosting the uncensored versions of some of these visual novels they have for sale, or at the very least start offering the patches here also.

I mean, something like Ditzy Demons that released here not that long ago should be sold fully uncensored or they should be selling the AO Content as a DLC like it is on Steam.

If someone wants the complete version of that game they need to buy the DLC to uncensor the game on Denpasoft, and there's a fandisc that they'd need to buy also on Denpasoft. While on Steam you can just buy the DLC and Fandisc on Steam which are marked as "Adult Only".

If people need to jump through hoops while buying the GOG version then there's no point in having it here. At the very least it needs to be the same as the Steam options or even better.
Agreed 100%.
TheGrimLord: Now all we need is the uncensored versions of the games here from Sekai Project and MangaGamer.
I agree GOG should definitely have those.

But I don't agree that's "all" we need.

There are still tons of AO games that GOG should have listed on its store, yet doesn't. Like the entire Rance series (or at least the ones that have been translated into English).
TheGrimLord: Now all we need is the uncensored versions of the games here from Sekai Project and MangaGamer.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I agree GOG should definitely have those.

But I don't agree that's "all" we need.

There are still tons of AO games that GOG should have listed on its store, yet doesn't. Like the entire Rance series (or at least the ones that have been translated into English).
I agree with that too. Just give them some time. Evenicle shows that it's selling well, that should be enough. And I've got confirmation from other adult publishers that they're in talks with GOG as well. This is just the start of something great.
Just a little follow-up. Sekai Project just got back to me. They aren't sure yet about how they're going to approach the content, but they do want to go with non-adult versions here and patches. They say it opens for a wider audience and they're not wrong. Some people who don't like this content would be more likely to purchase the game without it. At the end of the day, it's in GOG's court as whether or not to put those patches here on the site like with Succubus.

As far as Denpasoft patches are concerned, that's more towards marketing for them. They would much rather prefer you go to their site for those patches. It is what it is at the end of the day and it's all business.
TomNuke: I mean, something like Ditzy Demons that released here not that long ago should be sold fully uncensored or they should be selling the AO Content as a DLC like it is on Steam.

Advocating for companies to sell the adult content separately, yikes. If you like getting screwed by companies, keep it to yourself.
I don't know why they do it like this on GOG and not Steam, but that's what Sekai Project told me they want to do, or are at least more or less considering that. I think a lot of people want GOG to either be Steam or better than Steam and neither is going to happen. Steam is the top competitor in the market. Publishers are going to treat Steam differently.