It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Scripta manent.

<span class="bold">Epistory - Typing Chronicles</span>, an evocative action/adventure where you save a papercraft land, one typed word at a time, is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and leaderboards, and a 35% launch discount.

All writers dread the blank page. Its emptiness stares back at you, bursting with overwhelming potential, unclaimed glory, and a desperate search for the elusive muse. Epistory follows that very Muse, as she rides a giant fox through this wonderful origami world, giving shape to an untold story. Imaginative puzzles, horrifying enemies, and curious discoveries will unfold before her, as the papercraft world responds to your typing. Movement, combat, and all other interactions are fully controlled by your keyboard as every word you type dictates the flow of this enchanting adventure. The dynamic difficulty constantly adapts to your writing speed, while you struggle to overcome the writer's block and eventually uncover the story's hidden mysteries.

Ride through a breathtaking world made of paper, words, and torrents of wild imagination in <span class="bold">Epistory - Typing Chronicles</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 35% discount will last until October 25, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/dbj4dyu73Mk
Post edited October 18, 2016 by maladr0Id
high rated
Thank you :)

A wonderful game - playing the demo right now.

Epistory-Demo for Win-Linux-Mac.
Hurray for my Belgian fellows (de la cité du Doudou ^o^) for making it on GOG!
Post edited October 18, 2016 by catpower1980
gixgox: Epistory-Demo for Win-Linux-Mac.
Loved the demo, and now I'll be able to play the full game. :)

Shame about the regional pricing though... :\
Yay!

Shame about the lack of even the possibility to buy the soundtrack, though. :(
I got this game in the Humble Monthly. It's actually pretty cool. It's like a typing game mixed with Zelda.
Tyrrhia: Shame about the lack of even the possibility to buy the soundtrack, though. :(
Yeah, that too...

PS: The wallpaper goodie link returns a 404. Can someone take a look at it, please?
*sigh* One of the few times where I decided not to wait for the small chance it will come here and bought it on steam....
But good that it is here. Fun game.
Post edited October 18, 2016 by moonshineshadow
Tyrrhia: Shame about the lack of even the possibility to buy the soundtrack, though. :(
muntdefems: Yeah, that too...

PS: The wallpaper goodie link returns a 404. Can someone take a look at it, please?
Sorted - Thanks for the heads up ;)
Does anyone know how forgiving this game is for typing? Are there different levels?

My son is 8 but love words, I thought this might be a good game for him to learn new words and better understand word structure.

But its no good if you need a high typing speed to play.
mechmouse: Does anyone know how forgiving this game is for typing? Are there different levels?
My son is 8 but love words, I thought this might be a good game for him to learn new words and better understand word structure.
But its no good if you need a high typing speed to play.
You need some speed. Because enemies will be advancing towards you and to kill them off you need to write the words shown for them. If they reach you, you are dead. And if you write it wrong you need to type it again. There are different difficulty settings as far as I remember but I'm not sure how slow it can be set.
That's...actually pretty dang interesting looking. Love the art style of it, too.
Post edited October 18, 2016 by IAmSinistar
B0SC0: Sorted - Thanks for the heads up ;)
Cheers!
high rated
Hello everybody!

I just wanted to thank you for your support, and tell you how glad we are to finally be on GOG :)

I'll be there to answer your questions and for any kind of support about the game.
VirginRedemption: Hello everybody!

I just wanted to thank you for your support, and tell you how glad we are to finally be on GOG :)

I'll be there to answer your questions and for any kind of support about the game.
Awesome, thanks for stopping in! The game looks lovely and I'm on the verge of buying it. I did want to ask, how deep does the language localisation go? For example, can you choose between British and American English?