It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Scripta manent.

<span class="bold">Epistory - Typing Chronicles</span>, an evocative action/adventure where you save a papercraft land, one typed word at a time, is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and leaderboards, and a 35% launch discount.

All writers dread the blank page. Its emptiness stares back at you, bursting with overwhelming potential, unclaimed glory, and a desperate search for the elusive muse. Epistory follows that very Muse, as she rides a giant fox through this wonderful origami world, giving shape to an untold story. Imaginative puzzles, horrifying enemies, and curious discoveries will unfold before her, as the papercraft world responds to your typing. Movement, combat, and all other interactions are fully controlled by your keyboard as every word you type dictates the flow of this enchanting adventure. The dynamic difficulty constantly adapts to your writing speed, while you struggle to overcome the writer's block and eventually uncover the story's hidden mysteries.

Ride through a breathtaking world made of paper, words, and torrents of wild imagination in <span class="bold">Epistory - Typing Chronicles</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 35% discount will last until October 25, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/dbj4dyu73Mk
Post edited October 18, 2016 by maladr0Id
Cecco: I don't know why some people always have to be upset about everything.
The Australian price and the Italian one are the same, given that in Italy there is a 42% discount once the wallet credit is considered. I presume that this applies to all the prices.

14.99 $, 35% discount: 9.75 $
14.99 €, 35% discount: 9.74 € (but GOG page rouds to 79). 1.10 € store credit: makes it about 8.70 €. Discount is 42 %.
It's the same price.
So as far as I know it's all as usual. I might be right, I might be wrong...Don't get mad for nothing guys.
That's nonsense. The Australien price is US $7.49 at the moment. The Italian is US $10.89 at them moment or base price of US $9.79 when you consider the fair price package (which GOG pays out of their own pocket). It's not the same price. Please [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=764&scp=gdspurio&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbaxyzXhDFGHTSP0512348&ord=&flt=tcs~Epistory~&opt=n&myf=ThuOct201123302016_empty_YIHLKk0Ahg52C]check yourself[/url].

And as I said before, I'm not generally against a discount for "poor" countries. But when one of the richest countries in the world gets a massive discount while some "poor" countries have to pay more than the base price, something is not right.
PaterAlf: That's nonsense. The Australien price is US $7.49 at the moment. The Italian is US $10.89 at them moment or base price of US $9.79 when you consider the fair price package (which GOG pays out of their own pocket). It's not the same price. Please [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=764&scp=gdspurio&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbaxyzXhDFGHTSP0512348&ord=&flt=tcs~Epistory~&opt=n&myf=ThuOct201123302016_empty_YIHLKk0Ahg52C]check yourself[/url].

And as I said before, I'm not generally against a discount for "poor" countries. But when one of the richest countries in the world gets a massive discount while some "poor" countries have to pay more than the base price, something is not right.
I see. Maybe someone made a mistake between US $ and A $ when pricing?

I would like to leave here my positive impression I got from the linux demo. It runs well on my old pc with 3gb ram and if needed there are options for less detailed and faster graphics. I managed to get used to the E F J I controls that felt awkward at the beginning. Moving around and typing triggers events. The first "typing combat" was fun and also forgiving. I felt inadequate, and that you really have to learn to do something better in order to win. So much better than random button smashing. Lovely thing.
Post edited October 20, 2016 by Cecco
Price changed for three countries:

>>> Regional price changed from $16.89 to $13.39 in SE
>>> Regional price changed from $16.78 to $12.49 in PL
>>> Regional price changed from $16.99 to $12.29 in NO

So now two more "rich" countries get a discount while people from Africa pay the base price and countries like Slovakia, Malta and Czech Republic still pay the highest price worldwide. This is getting weirder and weirder...
PincushionMan: I'm curious about the development side. I heard Unity and Linux. Do you use your primary desktop as Linux and cross compile (with VMs for testing)? Or do you use macOS or Windows? I've used Linux and FreeBSD for years in both the work and home environment. Whatever the DE, I'm curious what Programming IDE you use, or if it's something you've home grown, or if you use a combination of both.

I'm swearing off WIndows 10a (bare metal installs on dual boot setups) after it 'helpfully' fixed my Linux drive's GPT partitions and cached a bunch of install and patch files all over the drive. Then it even more helpfully removed itself by zeroing the boot sector! I've had better behaved virus infections than that! To be fair, though, MS is being equal opportunity - they erased at least one guy's backup disk with an NTFS partition in a non-booting GPT drive.

Anyway, I wish you and your team the best. Thanks for a cool game, and thanks for taking time to reach out to your fans.
Almost everyone in the studio uses Windows 10a, but I think 7 was an infinitely better OS (8 doesn't exist). Unity editor doesn't work on Linux, so we compile it on Windows and test on a dedicated machine with an Ubuntu & SteamOS distribution installed. For the IDE, each programmer has his preference, but we mostly use Visual Studio.

Of course, each project is different. It's not rare to switch to text editors like Atom or Sublime Text when the pipeline isn't to Visual Studio's advantage.

Windows 10 is a pain for me too. Regular BSoD on my home computer, non-optimal resource usage and more.

Thanks for the kind words.
I might be a little late to the party here but it is great to see this game has made its way to GOG!
Still in love with the graphics and overall design.

Thanks to the developers for creating this gem of a game.