It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The swashbuckler action game full of its developers passion – En Garde! is now available on GOG alongside its Soundtrack and Soundtrack Edition!

Battle graceless guards and nefarious noblemen in fast-paced fights full of spectacle. Use the environment, your wit and your blade to teach them all a lesson!

From the forgotten pages of history, comes Adalia de Volador! Legendary swashbuckler. Dashing adventurer. Hero of the people.

In En Garde! you’ll play as Adalia in her daring escapades full of sword-fighting, satire and shenanigans. Challenge the cruel Count-Duke and oppose tyranny with panache!

With its beautifully painted locations, charismatic characters, and an astounding amount of battle banter it’s a fun-filled ticket to the golden age of swashbuckling comedy!

Since its initial release, En Garde! has become a beloved title that players praise for its gorgeous art style, smooth and satisfying gameplay, charming storytelling, and great combat mechanics.

It’s certainly one of those games that remind us all why we have fallen in love with gaming in the first place.

When fighting in En Garde!, you’ll parry, riposte and lunge your way to victory! And since Adalia is quite a charmer, being stylish in combat will fill your Panache Meter and unlock special skills. But you’ll need more than your sword to win the day…

Challenging, ever-changing fights will also push you to rely on your cunning and acrobatics to disturb your enemies. Learning their weaknesses, adapting and improvising will be a key to defeating them.

Combat areas are playgrounds full of opportunities to create mischief and gain the upper hand. Surprise, stun, or evade enemies with a variety of objects – from rolling barrels to falling chandeliers.

Moreover, during your gameplay, you’ll unlock zany game-changing modifiers and new fight situations in the Arena Mode. Play and replay randomized scenarios to test your skill against waves of enemies!

But it's much more than just swinging your sword! Discover the tales of Adalia, with unique challenges to complete and secrets to uncover, and prepare to meet a theatrical cast of characters, as Adalia and her rivals react to each of your actions, exchanging witty one-liners during the flow of the fight.

In En Garde! the world's your stage – check it out now!
00063: My problem with this game... puny humies use tiny toothpicks as weapons.
Breja: I'm not sure I follow. You mean as opposed to giant anime weapons bigger than the person carrying them?
No, as opposed to a proper POINTY STIK!!!
The game is now discounted (-20%) until 15/01/2024
Why I haven't had a proper sword fight since... Hellish Quart! :P

idbeholdME: No, as opposed to a proper POINTY STIK!!!
Nah, go call the shoota boyz! This ain't no time for choppin'.

Zimerius: AaHhh D'artagnan ... oui monsieur , i will rip the point of your mustache HahAaa
If the game doesn't feature at least one character with an outrageously oversized mustache, I'll be very very disappointed.

shmerl: The game runs nicely on Linux (Wine/esync + vkd3d-proton).
It's using UE4, much like Everspace 2, so no surprise there.
Post edited January 10, 2024 by WinterSnowfall
Swedrami: Since you already dropped a comment in regards to the FLAC version of the soundtrack over on itch.io - do you mind asking if the devs would consider adding the 2018 student project version to the GoG version of the full game as an extra, too?
Since it's free to download from itch.io I sort of don't want to bug them with extra requests. But if they comment about FLAC one, I can ask (or feel free to add a comment there too).
Lone_Scout: The game is now discounted (-20%) until 15/01/2024
So the regular edition is discounted, but not the Deluxe? It;s cheaper to buy the game and OST separately now. Why does GOG always do this?

[EDIT01] Oh WOW, they discounted the Deluxe too now! Thanks GOG and / or Kepler.
Post edited January 10, 2024 by SargonAelther
Bonus point - you can pet the chicken, lol :) Cervantes reference was cool too.
Post edited January 10, 2024 by shmerl
Figured a much nicer way to bind left and right dodging.

Set dodge middle click. And in KDE settings I have left + right mouse buttons pressed simultaneously work as middle click.

Now dogging left becomes A + LMB + RMB. It's much easier than trying to press A + Ctrl with left hand.

Dodging right correspondingly becomes D + LMB + RMB.

Dodging is super important in boss fights especially when dealing with all those unpariiable attacks.
Post edited January 11, 2024 by shmerl
SargonAelther: [EDIT01] Oh WOW, they discounted the Deluxe too now! Thanks GOG and / or Kepler.
That fact convinced me to buy it now rather than wait :)

shmerl: It's much easier than trying to press A + Ctrl with left hand.
Not for me. I am used to combinations like this one and much much more complicated ones.
If at all I would set it to 'Alt' which I am used to from other games with similar controls or in games where that toggles strafing. Ctrl I usually use for crouching (if it's not set to 'C')
Post edited January 13, 2024 by neumi5694
Awesome to see this game on GOG, I've been excited since I first saw it but wasn't sure if it was coming here.
Wishlisted since this looks really interesting.