It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brawn, brains, persistent blood stains.

<span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, the definitive package for the open-world, free-running zombie survival sensation, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for multiplayer, achievements and leaderboards, and a 17% launch discount.

As the light is dying, so are your chances of survival. A mysterious outbreak has turned a city's population into running, flesh-eating killers who grow severely more aggressive at night. You are also turned into a runner when your mission to retrieve some sensitive documents from the hopelessly infested city of Harran goes awry. Some people speak of a cure, some worship an aloof, self-proclaimed savior, and others fight each other for supplies or territory control. But all of them have one thing in common: they are constantly on the run.

Master the flow of your swift parkour moves and your weapon-wielding skills in order to stay alive. During the day the infected are less energetic, relying on their numbers to gang-up on you before you can scale the nearby building, overrun them with a buggy, or club them to death with your makeshift destructible weapons. But when darkness falls, the tables are turned: your enemies grow stronger, bolder, and terrifyingly more agile while unspeakable horrors crawl out of their daytime hibernation. Don't get followed or you may not live to see daybreak ever again.

Outmaneuver the flesh-eating hordes and escape your nocturnal pursuers before the <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span> wanes completely, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 17% launch discount will last until March 23, 1:59 PM GMT.

The game is not available for purchase in Germany. There are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Twitch alert

Want to see people desperately running away from the infected hordes? Tune in on Twitch.tv/GOGcom and watch Memoriesin8bit and Outstar's co-op stream this Wednesday, March 16, at 9 PM GMT / 4 PM EST / 22:00 CET / 1 PM PST.
AngryAlien: Most of the time I am under the impression that the people at Valve have no clue what they are doing, in the rest of the time I think they simply don't care. And a proper age check at Steam would solve many problems. But then again, they would have to suffer losses in revenue, since suddenly they could not sell "Age 18" rated games to children anymore... That or the "Yes, I am so totally 18 years old, I swear!" button works better than I thought.
The hilarious thing about that is that they may already be violating German laws, simply because they allow regular USK 18 games to be purchased without any "real" verification.

AngryAlien: Just look at what games are available as uncensored version and which are not, it's a mess. The uncencsored version of Fallout 3, for instance, is not available on Steam, although it can be found in German stores. Fallout: NV on the other hand can be purchased in the uncensored version.
Did they already put out uncensored retail versions of Fallout 3? I know the game isn't on the index anymore, but according to the ogdb, the most recent releases are from 2015 and censored, while New Vegas has been uncensored for quite a while now (everything since the Ultimate Edition in 2012 was uncut, except- weirdly- the intro of the PS3 versions).
Stuff like that can take a long to actually reach Steam, if at all. Doom 1 didn't get its regionlock lifted until several years after it was stricken from the index, even though it was already freely available as part of the Doom 3 - BFG Edition that whole time. Max Payne 1 is still not available on the store itself, despite the fact that you can buy retail re-releases and Steam-keys for it on Amazon.de.
At this point, I'm not sure if the people responsible for these decisions are lazy, stupid or overly cautious.

AngryAlien: They refused, for instance, to make a statement about the game getting a region lock or not before the game was released... while people desperately wanted to know, because they wanted to pre-order. I also remembered sneer comments toward germans in the forum. It is also nice to read that Germany was one of the countries were the game sells best, ironically, and yet every country gets a shirt with its own flag... despite Germany, of course. I am really not sure what is going on here.
What a strangely spiteful series of dickmoves. Although, I'm not sure if I expected much more in the way of rational thinking from the company that considered Call of Juarez- The Cartel to be a good idea.
AngryAlien: Just look at what games are available as uncensored version and which are not, it's a mess. The uncencsored version of Fallout 3, for instance, is not available on Steam, although it can be found in German stores. Fallout: NV on the other hand can be purchased in the uncensored version.
The case of Fallout: New Vegas is even more idiotic than you describe. The international standard version is indexed in Germany and thus a cut version is sold to German customers. On the other hand, Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - which is just the standard version plus DLCs - is not indexed, so the international, uncut version is offered to Germans.

That's one of the top examples of the utter idiocy of indexing.
Rise-T: The case of Fallout: New Vegas is even more idiotic than you describe. The international standard version is indexed in Germany
Except it's not. In a similar situation to what happened with Clive Barker's Jericho, it was submitted to the BPJM, but they didn't find it objectionable enough to be blacklisted, which is what prompted Bethesda to give it a "proper" uncensored release in Germany, with an official USK rating.
A lot of games that may actually get through the USK unscathed are censored preemptively by the publishers, either because they simply assume that they won't get the rating, or because they're not willing to shell out the money for a second submission in case the first try fails. As a result, the uncensored international releases are "free" to be put on the index, thus "sealing their fate", so to speak.
Post edited March 23, 2016 by InfraSuperman
Nergal01: I meant that maybe THEY were butthurt over their games getting indexed, not YOU.
In that case my honest apology for my snappy comment, I really misunderstood what you have said here!
AngryAlien: In that case my honest apology for my snappy comment, I really misunderstood what you have said here!
It's all good. My comment really was a little vague.
I got a reply from support about the Linux version a couple of days ago:
Hello, I am afraid that we were unable to release the Linux version of Dying Light yet and, unfortunately, I am unable to predict or promise if we will be able to do that in the future.
I apologise for the inconvenience.
So, nothing we didn't already know.
adamhm: I got a reply from support about the Linux version a couple of days ago:

Hello, I am afraid that we were unable to release the Linux version of Dying Light yet and, unfortunately, I am unable to predict or promise if we will be able to do that in the future.
I apologise for the inconvenience.
adamhm: So, nothing we didn't already know.
Shame they didn't give the real reason why not. At least you tried.

Based on previous stories it can be either 2 things - Lack of native Galaxy on Linux, or the old story of relying on the Steam-Runtime.

I wish GOG would be more open with us.
adamhm: I got a reply from support about the Linux version a couple of days ago:

So, nothing we didn't already know.
Ganni1987: Shame they didn't give the real reason why not. At least you tried.

Based on previous stories it can be either 2 things - Lack of native Galaxy on Linux, or the old story of relying on the Steam-Runtime.

I wish GOG would be more open with us.
Relying on the Steam runtime can't be used as an excuse not to release the game, it's simply invalid, because runtime is open source and can be bundled. Even better, they can bundle only what they need from there to reduce bloat. So it must be Galaxy, or legal stuff, or may be simply unwillingness of developers to even bother about it. You are right though that GOG should be upfront about it instead of saying "we can't promise anything".
Post edited March 25, 2016 by shmerl
Geez now I'd have to do the VPN stunt here too ? I was more than annoyed having to do that with steam.

So yeah yay for US Germans and yay for completely useless german Website too eh ?
Post edited March 29, 2016 by Reaper9988
Reaper9988: Geez now I'd have to do the VPN stunt here too ? I was more than annoyed having to do that with steam.

So yeah yay for US Germans and yay for completely useless german Website too eh ?
I don't understand why you are included in that since Dying Light is not censored or banned in Austria (as much as I know).
Reaper9988: Geez now I'd have to do the VPN stunt here too ? I was more than annoyed having to do that with steam.

Matruchus: I don't understand why you are included in that since Dying Light is not censored or banned in Austria (as much as I know).
Oh sorry I'm actually German just changed my location.
Rise-T: The case of Fallout: New Vegas is even more idiotic than you describe. The international standard version is indexed in Germany
InfraSuperman: Except it's not. In a similar situation to what happened with Clive Barker's Jericho, it was submitted to the BPJM, but they didn't find it objectionable enough to be blacklisted, which is what prompted Bethesda to give it a "proper" uncensored release in Germany, with an official USK rating.
A lot of games that may actually get through the USK unscathed are censored preemptively by the publishers, either because they simply assume that they won't get the rating, or because they're not willing to shell out the money for a second submission in case the first try fails. As a result, the uncensored international releases are "free" to be put on the index, thus "sealing their fate", so to speak.
While the end result is pretty much the same, you're of course correct. Noticed that it's cut on Steam for German customers and incorrectly assumed that it's cut because it's on Germany's official index..
Rise-T: While the end result is pretty much the same, you're of course correct. Noticed that it's cut on Steam for German customers and incorrectly assumed that it's cut because it's on Germany's official index..
Yeah, that's a really stupid situation, actually. The "standard" version with a USK 18 rating is cut, while the "Ultimate Edition" with the same rating is uncensored. Probably because Bethesda was lazy and decided to leave the basic German version just as it was when they initially released it.
Post edited April 03, 2016 by InfraSuperman
I'm stiill pleasantly surpised that this even made it to gog. not every day you see AAA western modern games on this site. glad i bought it.