It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brawn, brains, persistent blood stains.

<span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, the definitive package for the open-world, free-running zombie survival sensation, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for multiplayer, achievements and leaderboards, and a 17% launch discount.

As the light is dying, so are your chances of survival. A mysterious outbreak has turned a city's population into running, flesh-eating killers who grow severely more aggressive at night. You are also turned into a runner when your mission to retrieve some sensitive documents from the hopelessly infested city of Harran goes awry. Some people speak of a cure, some worship an aloof, self-proclaimed savior, and others fight each other for supplies or territory control. But all of them have one thing in common: they are constantly on the run.

Master the flow of your swift parkour moves and your weapon-wielding skills in order to stay alive. During the day the infected are less energetic, relying on their numbers to gang-up on you before you can scale the nearby building, overrun them with a buggy, or club them to death with your makeshift destructible weapons. But when darkness falls, the tables are turned: your enemies grow stronger, bolder, and terrifyingly more agile while unspeakable horrors crawl out of their daytime hibernation. Don't get followed or you may not live to see daybreak ever again.

Outmaneuver the flesh-eating hordes and escape your nocturnal pursuers before the <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span> wanes completely, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 17% launch discount will last until March 23, 1:59 PM GMT.

The game is not available for purchase in Germany. There are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Twitch alert

Want to see people desperately running away from the infected hordes? Tune in on Twitch.tv/GOGcom and watch Memoriesin8bit and Outstar's co-op stream this Wednesday, March 16, at 9 PM GMT / 4 PM EST / 22:00 CET / 1 PM PST.
CharlesGrey: I also just realized, if you're German, isn't a "pirate" copy basically the only way to obtain the game right now, regardless of your age? Since Steam and Co. simply won't offer it to us,
Thats also true for Doom, Quake, and Wolfenstein, but there are many ways to show a website a different IP(using the Tor Browser is just one example...)
Post edited March 20, 2016 by sixsixfive
CharlesGrey: I also just realized, if you're German, isn't a "pirate" copy basically the only way to obtain the game right now, regardless of your age? Since Steam and Co. simply won't offer it to us,
sixsixfive: Thats also true for Doom, Quake, and Wolfenstein, but there are many ways to show a website a different IP(using the Tor Browser is just one example...)
Well, at least for older games you can often find ( mostly ) DRM-free retail copies. New ones tend to require Steam by default, even good old retail versions ( if they can still be called such -- I hear for some games the box doesn't even contain much, aside from a Steam download code ). So not only do you have to deal with Steam or some other client, you also have to trick them into thinking you're not actually from Germany. Gaming these days can be pretty frustrating. :(
Rise-T: DanTheKraut is absolutely correct. As long as GOG or anyone else a) doesn't maintain physical stores in Germany (which would be idiotic anyway) or b) isn't a German company, it is not affected by German jurisdiction and thus safe. It's as simple as that.
Sorry if it was mentioned already, but how about the other stores where this same game is sold? Does e.g. Steam sell this same game openly to Germany too? Does e.g. EA Origin also restrict selling some of its games to Germany?

Is it only GOG who is somehow ignorant in all this, or pretty much all digital gaming stores? How about Sony and Microsoft for their console digital stores, everything is also sold on Germany without restrictions and not censored?

Then again, maybe GOG is thinking of relocating to Germany (because of beer and shits), so they are just being proactive...
timppu: Sorry if it was mentioned already, but how about the other stores where this same game is sold? Does e.g. Steam sell this same game openly to Germany too? Does e.g. EA Origin also restrict selling some of its games to Germany?
Don't know about other shops, but Steam does not sell games to Germans that are on List A. They won''t show up in the store (just like nowadays at GOG). Before Steam, one could just go to the next shop and buy the game, digital resellers make such easy things a PITA.
Rise-T: DanTheKraut is absolutely correct. As long as GOG or anyone else a) doesn't maintain physical stores in Germany (which would be idiotic anyway) or b) isn't a German company, it is not affected by German jurisdiction and thus safe. It's as simple as that.
timppu: Sorry if it was mentioned already, but how about the other stores where this same game is sold? Does e.g. Steam sell this same game openly to Germany too? Does e.g. EA Origin also restrict selling some of its games to Germany?

Is it only GOG who is somehow ignorant in all this, or pretty much all digital gaming stores? How about Sony and Microsoft for their console digital stores, everything is also sold on Germany without restrictions and not censored?

Then again, maybe GOG is thinking of relocating to Germany (because of beer and shits), so they are just being proactive...
The difference is EA, Microsoft, Sony and Ubisoft have branch establishments in Germany so they are bound to the German law because of this (they can be sued without a problem).

Steam is based in Luxembourg (for Europe) and sells some indexed and confiscated games to German customers. The Publishers decide if a game is sold to a customer in a specific country and most big Publishers (EA, Capcom, Sega and so on) have a branch establishment in Germany. In other words Steam doesn't care but some Publishers do.

GOG and Techland don't have any branch establishment in Germany so it is the same situation like it is with Steam with the only exception that GOG is trying to blame "legal matters"... lol

The thing that GOG, Techland and many other Publishers don't understand is that they only hurt themselves with such actions. The gaming industry and shops (excluding mmoga and co. because they benefit from such restrictions) always moan about piracy but in the end it is their own fault because pirates don't need to deal with regionlocks or shop restrictions.

A funny example:
When Bethesda geolocked Wolfenstein:TNO for Germany the game was pirated that much that even big gaming magazines in Germany brought news about this matter.
Post edited March 20, 2016 by DanTheKraut
viperfdl: Let's see how long it takes before someone from gog.com or Techland realizes that Dying Light is on the German Index and the game becomes region-locked for Germany...
It took two days. I love it when I'm right...
viperfdl: Let's see how long it takes before someone from gog.com or Techland realizes that Dying Light is on the German Index and the game becomes region-locked for Germany...
viperfdl: It took two days. I love it when I'm right...
You weren't right. It took two days and not "let's see how long"! :P
0Grapher: You weren't right. It took two days and not "let's see how long"! :P
You just destroyed the little bit of joy that is left in my life. I hope you're happy now...
DanTheKraut: Steam is based in Luxembourg (for Europe) and sells some indexed and confiscated games to German customers. The Publishers decide if a game is sold to a customer in a specific country and most big Publishers (EA, Capcom, Sega and so on) have a branch establishment in Germany. In other words Steam doesn't care but some Publishers do.

GOG and Techland don't have any branch establishment in Germany so it is the same situation like it is with Steam with the only exception that GOG is trying to blame "legal matters"... lol
Drahbor just said before you that Steam doesn't sell List A games, whatever that means (indexed?).

So, since we are talking about Dying Light, does Steam sell it to Germans or not? If not, I can fully understand why GOG doesn't sell either, maybe it is the publisher itself who doesn't allow that. It would seem odd if the publisher tells Steam not to sell the game to Germans, but ok'ed it to GOG.

In that case, what's the difference then? It is the publisher who doesn't want either Steam nor GOG to sell it to Germans.
Self-fulfilling prophecy -- they probably took it down after reading your comment. Happy now? :P
timppu: So, since we are talking about Dying Light, does Steam sell it to Germans or not? If not, I can fully understand why GOG doesn't sell either, maybe it is the publisher itself who doesn't allow that. It would seem odd if the publisher tells Steam not to sell the game to Germans, but ok'ed it to GOG.

In that case, what's the difference then? It is the publisher who doesn't want either Steam nor GOG to sell it to Germans.
Dying Light isn't available for germans on Steam either.

So you're probably right and it's the Publisher forbidding to sell to germans. But I really do wonder why. Because if they wouldn't who'd sue? Noone has any incentive to sue them for selling a game to german adults, right? Maybe the other publishers out of spite but apart from them, dunno who'd do it. The parents (hopefully) wouldn't do it, because they should just talk to their children and get to know what they do and play aswell as do a bit of parenting and not ask the publishers and the state to do the parenting for them. damn parents...
...oh wait I'm one myself :) well I'm not asking any publishers to do my parenting for me that's for sure. I can handle that myself...

As it is now, I've got half a mind to sue them for discrimination based on nationality and breaking all free trade treaties in the EU. it goes against anything our "Verfassung" and the EU's says (afaik at least) to do this kind of discrimination. I'm an adult. I get discriminated because I'm from a specific country. By the publisher, who's not bound by any law to do this discrimination but does it out of it's own malevolent intent. :(
Damn I'd need to get a lawyer ... if I just weren't such a procrastinator :P
tomorrow maybe. or the day after ;)

---
"freier Binnenmarkt" my ass
Post edited March 20, 2016 by mchack
CharlesGrey: GOG as an international store, especially one offering only(?) digital goods, does business with people from literally all over the world. How could they possibly even attempt to keep track of and obey the laws of every single country/state out there? If anything, it's up to the individual customers/citizens to obey their local law, but it's just not practical to expect GOG to know some obscure law from Pusztarovshmokisztan, just because a single dude from there decides to make a purchase here.
Exactly. Keeping track of the - potentially quite complex - respective laws of each and every customer's country of residence would be a gigantic and next to impossible task for a company and thus is not required.
As someone else here mentioned, GOG, Steam, etc would have to essentially shut their business with e. g. German customers down if they had to comply with German law with all its nuances. But they don't have to as they are not affected by it.
Post edited March 20, 2016 by Rise-T
CharlesGrey: Self-fulfilling prophecy -- they probably took it down after reading your comment. Happy now? :P
Yeah, I had thought that, too. But then I decided that ignorance is bliss...
Johny.: ...
a little complicated topic which would need to be fully thought through, carefully planned, implemented and tested.
yeah, just quoting it for later purposes. thats surely the way gog is doing things:

fully thought through, carefully planned, implemented and tested

LOL
mchack: Dying Light isn't available for germans on Steam either.
At least not directly. But the retail version can be imported from Austria. Or you can buy it directly in Germany from a store which imported it. And then you can activate the retail key on your steam account.

But with digital purchase you're regularly fucked up. If you aren't creative and use key sellers who don't mind selling them to you.

Amazon has a German branch and they DO sell their retail copies from their UK branch and send it without any problems to Germany. And why? Because of a free EU market where customs aren't allowed to inspect shipments which are sent from one EU country to another EU country.

And the digital goods GOG is selling are sent from one EU country to another too. From Poland to Germany. It's within the EU! So, what is the problem if GOG is letting German customs obeying law by not being allowed to inspect?