It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Open world, survival adventure developed by The Molasses Flood and published by CD PROJEKT RED – Drake Hollow is now available on GOG with a -60% discount that lasts until July 6th, 1 PM UTC!

Build and defend villages of vegetable folk from deadly feral beasts in the blighted world of The Hollow. Explore, gather, and fight! You can even invite your friends. So, can you craft the perfect village?

Having followed the call of a mysterious crow, you find yourself trapped in The Hollow, a shattered mirror of our world plagued by a mysterious source of evil. Your only way home is to rescue the Drakes, rebuild their home, and drive out the enemies that have ruined their world. Explore, build and thrive together in this third person, coop, survival-building adventure.

Check it out now!
wildapple-SI: The internet co-op will work as long as there will be active servers, so...

Because there is no local co-op/splitscreen, it is a hard pass for me.
Same, I was considering it, than saw that and passed.

To me, online-only multiplayer mode means I won't give it the time of day unless it is at least 50% off. So, at 60% off, it is near full price essentially. I'll think again once the discount is 80%+.
Post edited June 30, 2023 by Magnitus
The game looks nice and reminds me a lot of the cartoon-like look of the WildStar MMO (which I still sorely miss). However, the graphics needs a little more... polish because in its current state, (and I'm sorry to say this) it looks more like a demo instead of the finished product. To put it another way, the game doesn't look as good as the store's thumbnail and banner art.
wildapple-SI: The internet co-op will work as long as there will be active servers, so...

Because there is no local co-op/splitscreen, it is a hard pass for me.
Magnitus: Same, I was considering it, than saw that and passed.

To me, online-only multiplayer mode means I won't give it the time of day unless it is at least 50% off. So, at 60% off, it is near full price essentially. I'll think again once the discount is 80%+.
It's exacerbated by the fact that, as others have mentioned, the game has already been knocking about for two and a half years. Who knows how much longer they'll bother to keep the servers on now that a lot of the interest around it will have dissipated.
I tried this game a while back with nucelus coop and it worked great with 4 players. I don't know if the gog version will be different, but fundamentally it should work the same. I'll have to try at some point.
edit: nucleus coop is a 'thing' that gives you the ability to split screen with games that don't support it, OR add more splits to games that only support two.
Post edited June 30, 2023 by micktiegs_8
micktiegs_8: I tried this game a while back with nucelus coop and it worked great with 4 players.
Huh. That's the first time I've ever heard of Nucleus Co-op. *googles* Sounds neat.
played this a bit when it came out over two years ago (solo only). i like suvival / base builder games, but unfortunatly found Drake Hollow a bit blabd. it is not a bad game, but just quickly became boring and a bit meh.
Is it just me or does this look a bit <shudders> Fortnite-ish?
This comes across like a resource management/farming game. If not they're confusing me.
Post edited July 03, 2023 by pferreira1983
pferreira1983: This comes across like a resource management/farming game. If not they're confusing me.
Yes, and somewhat of a combination of Slime Rancher and a tower defense game. It's a lot more fun than my description hints at though :)
Uilos: Yes, and somewhat of a combination of Slime Rancher and a tower defense game. It's a lot more fun than my description hints at though :)
Good to know, thanks.