It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Don't throw them with idle hands.

Devil Daggers is now available on GOG.com, 25% off until April 17, 1pm UTC.
Time is relative, isn't it? Waiting for the Next Big Game™ to finish downloading seems to be taking eons, while surviving in a first-person arena swarming with floating demons from HELL appears to only last a couple of seconds. Probably because it actually does.
Point is, you just need to keep at it, perfect your swift moves and dagger-throwing technique, and the Leaderboards may soon be hosting your initials. Maybe.

Additional note: Some of the game's functionalities (creating a custom account, submitting scores to leaderboards, watching replays) require an Internet connection.
This looks like it has about 5 minutes worth of gameplay, like something that should be a free in-browser game.
m4ttbush: The improved offline mode is almost ready. I'll upload a patch on the forums tomorrow so you can grab it right away, and I'll send a new build to GOG.

Thanks for your patience.
Great news to hear, thank you!
high rated
m4ttbush: The improved offline mode is almost ready.
Thanks so much for this.

In all honesty, I'm a little concerned that GOG didn't insist on this before accepting the game -- both for the sake of the customers who trust them to provide only DRM-free games, but also for the sake of developers like yourself who may end up on the receiving end of some pretty strong criticism in a case like this one.

I want to say that I'm very impressed by how quickly and positively you've responded to this. A great many developers don't care nearly so much about the GOG customer base, so it's really pleasing to see something like this, and I suspect you've earned yourself a considerable amount of good will in the process. I hope the game does well for you.
Loonie: Might I also request something? I'd like if the right mouse button could be bound to jump in addition to the spacebar.
Obviously it would be better if the game let you bind multiple keys to the same function, but there are other ways to achieve what you want. If you unbind the right mouse button in the game's options you can then use X-Mouse Button Control (or something else like it) to make the right mouse act as the space bar while still allowing you to jump with the actual space bar.
ReynardFox: This looks like it has about 5 minutes worth of gameplay, like something that should be a free in-browser game.
That is maybe what it does look like when you just watch it instead of playing it. The game really has a strong knock-on effect.
I've got this game on Steam, and I guess it doesn't like my system. Runs fast and all, but regardless of what I do it's so dark I can only see enemies as black shadows: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1359033155
Post edited April 12, 2018 by kalirion
kalirion: I've got this game on Steam, and I guess it doesn't like my system. Runs fast and all, but regardless of what I do it's so dark I can only see enemies as black shadows: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1359033155
Looks like a problem with textures on enemies not appearing correctly. The squid in the background looks ok but the skulls not so much. No idea what could cause that to happen. You should let the dev know your system specs so it could hopefully be fixed.
m4ttbush: The improved offline mode is almost ready. I'll upload a patch on the forums tomorrow so you can grab it right away, and I'll send a new build to GOG.

Thanks for your patience.
Post of the year so far, I am heartened.
Honestly, this sort of game is not my "cup of tea".
But the dedication of its creator are worthy of my respect and encouragement.

Game bought :)
kalirion: I've got this game on Steam, and I guess it doesn't like my system. Runs fast and all, but regardless of what I do it's so dark I can only see enemies as black shadows: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1359033155
Berzerk2002: Looks like a problem with textures on enemies not appearing correctly. The squid in the background looks ok but the skulls not so much. No idea what could cause that to happen. You should let the dev know your system specs so it could hopefully be fixed.
Did some experimenting, and it turned out the issue was caused by Catalyst A.I. Once I disabled it, everything became normal.
high rated
Sorry about the delay, I wanted to fix a few other things before I uploaded the new build.

Here's the downloads for each platform:
WINDOWS
OSX
LINUX

Note that this is just the executable, you'll need to replace the original file inside the folder or .app on OS X.
Or if you don't want to do that, there should be a new build on GOG in a day or two.

This doesn't have GOG galaxy account support yet, I'll look in to adding that tomorrow.

Thanks,
Matt
Thanks a lot for the update Matt.
high rated
You're welcome.

By the way, if anyone is interested in using the leaderboards but are put off by having to make a Sorath "account", note that you don't even have to enter a valid email address. The "email" is just a unique identifier, and it can be used to reset your password if you're in to that. But basically anything@anything.anything will work and we'll never send anything to that address unless you want to reset your password.
m4ttbush: Sorry about the delay, I wanted to fix a few other things before I uploaded the new build.

Here's the downloads for each platform:
WINDOWS
OSX
LINUX

Note that this is just the executable, you'll need to replace the original file inside the folder or .app on OS X.
Or if you don't want to do that, there should be a new build on GOG in a day or two.

This doesn't have GOG galaxy account support yet, I'll look in to adding that tomorrow.

Thanks,
Matt
It's refreshing to see so much passion coming from a developer, and it's great to know that you're going to add Galaxy support so soon. I'll ask GOG to remove my review-disclaimer as soon as that happens, and then I'll make a new 5 stars review. You deserve every cent I gave you (I actually bought the game two times, on Steam and GOG).
Yeah same, I bought it on Steam a while ago but I recently snagged it here too just to show support. Thanks m4ttbush.