It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Don't throw them with idle hands.

Devil Daggers is now available on GOG.com, 25% off until April 17, 1pm UTC.
Time is relative, isn't it? Waiting for the Next Big Game™ to finish downloading seems to be taking eons, while surviving in a first-person arena swarming with floating demons from HELL appears to only last a couple of seconds. Probably because it actually does.
Point is, you just need to keep at it, perfect your swift moves and dagger-throwing technique, and the Leaderboards may soon be hosting your initials. Maybe.

Additional note: Some of the game's functionalities (creating a custom account, submitting scores to leaderboards, watching replays) require an Internet connection.
KasperHviid: Yay! Survived for a whole 61 seconds!
MobiusArcher: I got over 9000
9000 second!? That is 150 minutes! Wow! o_O
MobiusArcher: I got over 9000
Vadalma: 9000 second!? That is 150 minutes! Wow! o_O
lol. Its just a meme.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/its-over-9000

My real best score is 85 right now.
Ah, OK, thanks. Never heard of this meme.
m4ttbush: Should be able to get it finished tomorrow.
KasperHviid: Awesome!

Could be fun if you could add twenty or so hardcoded hi-scores, so offline players had some "competition"!
People have been doing this since the dawn of the Arcade machine, so hopefully they add those kinds of hi-scores into this game too when they also add offline scoreboard/replays.
m4ttbush: Thanks for the feedback.

I'll look in to adding offline score/replay saving.
I was teetering on the purchase fence, but seeing your engagement and receptiveness to feedback, I toppled towards the buying side. It is quite entertaining, I must say.

Might I also request something? I'd like if the right mouse button could be bound to jump in addition to the spacebar.
lostwolfe: game people want a lot: nope. hard pass. this isn't what our audience want, lol.
game that barely qualifies as a game: HEY THIS IS PERFECT LET'S GO.
How the hell is this "barely a game"? Its roots are in classic arcade shooting. It's a game to its core.

This isn't Gone Home or some shit.
CARRiON-XCII: How the hell is this "barely a game"? Its roots are in classic arcade shooting. It's a game to its core.

This isn't Gone Home or some shit.
My thoughts exactly (although, I enjoyed Gone Home).
rjbuffchix: It seems you have certain standards of what you consider a "game review". I agree saying something is a masterpiece does not really provide quality information alone. However, I consider the review to be a "purchase review" rather than just a review of the game. And it is VERY welcome as a "purchase review" because the issues pointed out may well be the deciding factor in someone buying or not buying.
micktiegs_8: Fair enough - it is welcome as a purchase review and I won't dispute that. I'm arguing that it's a poor excuse of a game review. What confuses me though is your first and second sentence; you're saying I have particular standards on the type of review, and then it seems like you have those same standards....?
I'm just distinguishing.

Try this way...
I find "game reviews" and "purchase reviews" both welcome as types of "reviews".

My sense is that you may only want game reviews, as you suggested that the issues pointed out in the "purchase review" should be taken to the forums instead. Whereas I would say leave it on the review page, as I feel both types of reviews are valid. Hope that makes sense.
lostwolfe: game people want a lot: nope. hard pass. this isn't what our audience want, lol.

game that barely qualifies as a game: HEY THIS IS PERFECT LET'S GO.
What were you specifically thinking of in bold? This game got over 230 votes on the GOG wishlist, which granted isn't a ton (but is decent for a new indie title on the wishlist), but it does show a fair number of people wanted it.

edit: okay I read that as "game a lot of people want" initially which is different from "game people want a lot", which is different. Obviously sales/projected income has to be a top factor.
Post edited April 12, 2018 by tfishell
high rated
The improved offline mode is almost ready. I'll upload a patch on the forums tomorrow so you can grab it right away, and I'll send a new build to GOG.

Thanks for your patience.
high rated
I certainly do give the dev tons of credit for being personally invested and responsive.
high rated
m4ttbush: The improved offline mode is almost ready. I'll upload a patch on the forums tomorrow so you can grab it right away, and I'll send a new build to GOG.

Thanks a lot, game is bought now. Nice to see a publisher listening to the feedback of us buyers. :)
high rated
m4ttbush: Thanks for your patience.
Thanks for caring about us. :)
m4ttbush: The improved offline mode is almost ready. I'll upload a patch on the forums tomorrow so you can grab it right away, and I'll send a new build to GOG.

Do you plan to add also the achievement "Survive 500 seconds" after making these improvements?
It would be highly appreciated by me and and by the other people interested in achievements.
Thanks anyways for the commitment to add the other offline features!
Needs multi-player modes.
Post edited April 12, 2018 by Klumpen0815