It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Are you in a mood for an isometric RPG with overflowing steampunk vibe? We got you: Dark Envoy is now available on GOG!

Dark Envoy combines traditional RPG elements, featuring a skill-driven combat system based on character classes and specializations, and seamlessly integrates a wide array of tactical approaches to confront your foes. In this game, you take command of a group of relic hunters embroiled in a destiny-fueled narrative within a war-torn realm.

Now on GOG!
Doc0075: According to the review on Mortismal Gaming, you can play the game in tactical mode, real-time with pause. Don't know if that helps.
Schlaumayr: As far as I noticed, the "pause" is "only" slow motion.
He says there are two options, one is slow motion and the other real-time with pause. I haven't played the game so don't know myself.
Doc0075: According to the review on Mortismal Gaming, you can play the game in tactical mode, real-time with pause. Don't know if that helps.
Doc is right - the pause completely stops the time in Dark Envoy and player can use it for a tactical purpose.
Lone_Scout: The game looks superb, but I'm getting too old for anything that is not turn-based :)
Atreyu666: I'm getting too old for anything that IS turn-based. I tried Jagged Alliance 3 and failed miserably at the first real fight. I'm way better at Diablo-esque games, those are more simple to understand :)

Anyway, Dark Envoy looks interesting enough for my wishlist, we'll see what reviewers willl say...
Feeling exactly the same. I don't really think there is any skill in turn based combat games. They are just a mathematical very well defined balance between victories and defeats. I prefer way more rtwp or just real time action.
Will definitely eventually get this. Have stuff to play at the moment, so can wait for a higher discount later down the line.
Kurt.Haqvorn: Feeling exactly the same. I don't really think there is any skill in turn based combat games. They are just a mathematical very well defined balance between victories and defeats.
Not to mention often highly RNG dependent.
Post edited October 25, 2023 by idbeholdME
Atreyu666: I'm getting too old for anything that IS turn-based. I tried Jagged Alliance 3 and failed miserably at the first real fight. I'm way better at Diablo-esque games, those are more simple to understand :)

Anyway, Dark Envoy looks interesting enough for my wishlist, we'll see what reviewers willl say...
Kurt.Haqvorn: Feeling exactly the same. I don't really think there is any skill in turn based combat games. They are just a mathematical very well defined balance between victories and defeats. I prefer way more rtwp or just real time action.
So skill must always be physical? Leaving turn-based video games aside, there's no skill involved in chess, or any other board game, or card games?

That said, do see RTwP, as long as it's tactical pause, can give any commands while the game's paused, as the best of both worlds (though some from here have very much the opposite view). Can stop time whenever you want and take stock of the situation and give commands, allowing way finer control than in turn-based, but things play out realistically in real time, which can't really happen in turn-based, and you can also leave it real time when it's easy enough to not require finer control, doing away with what may well be tedious moments in turn-based.
AWG43: Doc is right - the pause completely stops the time in Dark Envoy and player can use it for a tactical purpose.
Then my apologies… but after all the (camera) Controls really feel clunky. So that point doesn‘t make any difference to me.
mrkgnao: I was mildly interested until I realised this was made by the same studio as Tower of Time, which I never warmed up to. This looks more of the same.
The other way around for me.
I really liked Tower of Time, although it might have been a bit too long for its own sake. It's maybe the only RTWP game I found good to play, unlike say (prepare for heresy here) Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 the flow is consistent, you don't need to pause every other second to have any chance to succeed and play what is de facto an extremely annoying turn based game masquerading as real time.
The combat system is also deepr than it might seem at first, with a well balanced difficulty that has you make an effort to synergize companion skills without gettign too demanding.

Still waiting for a sequel, there's material for greatness there.