It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Take a bow, hero of Sherwood.

<span class="bold">Conquests of the Longbow: The Legend of Robin Hood</span>, a classic point & click starring everybody's favorite bandit, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com.

This is the legendary tale of the heroic rogue and his merry men in tights who robbed the rich and gave to the poor, creatively reimagined and lovingly put together by Sierra On-Line. Court Maid Marian, befriend Little John, humiliate the Sheriff of Nottingham, and share a pint with Friar Tuck as you overcome puzzles and minigames to restore King Richard I to the throne of England.
damien: so is this one of the cases AMIGA version is better than DOS?
While I haven't played the Amiga version, most probably not. This is a 256-color VGA Sierra adventure with Roland MT-32 support, which is how you should be experiencing the game. Not sure if this is even a talkie version.

The Amiga version is apparently an OCS (Amiga 500 compatible) version with 32 colors, and while the Amiga soundtrack might be better than the Soundblaster music, it is probably still far below the MT-32 music on the PC version (might be that the Amiga version supports Roland MT-32 synthesizer too, I think at least some Amiga Sierra adventures did).

Comparison screenshots:

PC version (256 colors) vs Amiga version (32 colors)

PC version music vs Amiga version music
Post edited May 04, 2017 by timppu
Good to see it here :)
Just to clarify, both of the Conquest games run in ScummVM, right?
Excellent. Just too bad that a game that came out in 91 can't be played on Vista.
Smannesman: Now come on Heart of China, Rise of the Dragon and Castle of Dr. Brain.
SLP2000: + Shivers, Pepper's Adventures in Time, Mixed-Up Mother Goose and I think we'll be set
As far as Sierra Adfentuer games go....

Maybe then GOG will give us the Ultra 3D Pinball games,Ultra 3D Minigold deluxe, Lionel Traintown and some of the other great "casual" games that Sierra gave us.
And throw in the Dymamix Aces World War 2 Flight Sims why we are at it....
Dungy69: Which pervert chose the screenshots for this game? They deserve a reward for carefully playing the whole game and taking screenshots of the risque portions. They missed an opportunity to screen grab Maid Marianne's backside, though.
Hey, first law of marketing: Sex Sells......
Anime-BlackWolf: Instabought. Next "Goldrush", "EcoQuest 1+2", "Manhunter 1+2", "Rise of the Dragon" and "Heart of China". Please. :)
The HD "Gold Rush" remake, (which includes the original) has been announced for GOG later this year.
One of Sierra's best games I suspect their be located in Oakhurst, California, in the heart of the Gold Country,had something to do with that....
Post edited May 04, 2017 by dudalb
And the hint book as a bonus. Sweet.
Klumpen0815: Why no Linux?
Johnathanamz: It's Activision, so you will never see Linux support from them, just like you will never see Linux support from Bethesda Softworks, Capcom, Electronic Arts (EA), and Ubisoft.

So either stop complaining or get Windows already and use it for Windows exclusive only video games.
this logic by those publishers is flatout silly, but it's not surprising, alas.

they don't think about the long tail at all. no, you'll never sell many copies of the linux ports, but they're "reasonably easy" to do and you get comfortable, almost-zero-effort sales forever.

it's so dumb it hurts.

as to your actual statement: why should they? they're comfortable using linux and linux is a "reasonable-ish" gaming platform at this point. i would never advocate for you to use some other operating system because you happen to endorse/like windows.
gixgox: Point 'n click?
Praying monks?
Condoms?
Sheep?

Robin, I'll join your gang.
BOUGHT!
I'm hella surprised there wasn't a Star Wars release today, but at least we got some highly-desired classics. :)
DieRuhe: Excellent. Just too bad that a game that came out in 91 can't be played on Vista.
GOG does not feel it worthwhile to program games for a No Longer Supported OS that was a notorious flop when it came out and has a small user base.Shocking.
I understand why some people hang on to XP,,it was one hell of a good operating system...but why people hang on to a POS OS like Vista is beyond me, when a Windows 7 upgrade is inexpensive.
THANK YOU, GOG!
Dungy69: Which pervert chose the screenshots for this game? They deserve a reward for carefully playing the whole game and taking screenshots of the risque portions. They missed an opportunity to screen grab Maid Marianne's backside, though.
In that case, what do these screenshots mean exactly?

You know what. Nevermind - I don't want to know.
Attachments:
scnsht1.jpg (69 Kb)
scnsht2.jpg (82 Kb)
Well now, that's a nice o

"There's no use going to pieces, pull yourself together and start again."

Damn it!
Neat! I haven't played this one in many, many years.

Now please rescue Vietcong from publisher hell. Pretty please <3
Ah, I was wondering why this classic wasn't on GOG yet. Thanks for the release, and kudos to ScummVM!