It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Relive the real-time tactics masterpiece that defined the genre. Commandos 2 - HD Remaster is now available on GOG.COM thanks to the efforts of Kalypso Media Digital. Take control of an elite group of commandos who must venture deep into enemy territory and utilize their combined expertise to complete a series of notoriously demanding missions set in WW2.

Until 31st January 2020, 2 PM UTC, Commandos 2 - HD Remaster is available on GOG.COM with a 15% discount. You can also acquire the game in a special pack along with Praetorians - HD Remaster.
Swedrami: Kalypso didn't get the memo, it seems:
Germany lifts total ban on Nazi symbols in video games
What ? Noooooooooooooooo ! Now the next time a kiddie will see a nazi cross, he'll insta-turn into a nazi-zombie worshipping Hitler ! How could they ?? Give me back that censor !!!
high rated
I was interested until i saw the censorship, I will stick with the original which still works fine.
Swedrami: Friendly reminder of Commandos 2 HD remaster's questionable censoring, should you care for such things:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwSM-lpXVqo
Oh you've got to be f***ing kidding me...

Instabuy to Instawtf to insta-oh-well-back-to-the-rest-of-my-backlog
Andrey82: Whoa! This is really bad. :( I don't understand why they did that.
Swedrami: Kalypso didn't get the memo, it seems:
Germany lifts total ban on Nazi symbols in video games

As for the removal of the Japanese "Rising Sun" flag - to not offend the Chinese overlords, possibly maybe?
not everything is about china, the koreans suffered greatly from japans war crimes as well, so the rising sun is very offensive to them.
That said, I think its unnecessary to remove the symbols from the game. Its also weird not to buy it because some symbols are removed though :D its just a game, people
The fun part? I would have accepted the censorship, if they had even CARED to make it GOOD.

They COULD have made nazi flags red, white and IRON CROSS instead of red, white and Swastika (most games were lightly censored that way), and they chose to make the flags completely red? WHY?

The old games were censored in germany, too, but they looked FAR BETTER than this modern production of censorship. Did they think about the graphics AT ALL? :(

EDIT: I am going by the screenshots at this moment, do not want to invest money in this BADLY censored mess.
Post edited January 24, 2020 by Anime-BlackWolf
low rated
so no free upgrade for the owners of classic commandos 2?
Such a strange decision. I don't think anybody compelled/asked/pressured Kalypso Media to censor anything, I think they decided to do so, for themselves. Somebody at the top of Kalypso seems to be a historical revisionist.
S/He could be paranoid of those people who think just showing something is endorsing it, or be one of them.
This looks like a lazy cash grab. They put more effort into removing images from the game than they did adding new features. It's like someone looked at Beamdog's business model and thought they could outdo their laziness.
Censoring WW2 flags in a WW2 game is not even a sane kind of censorship. What's next, removing ninja's from Mark of the Ninja?... Was looking forward to this, but it looks like Focus Home / Cyanide Games will get my money instead.
Post edited January 24, 2020 by AB2012
The Commandos saga always has been very difficult to me, i tried some times and never pass from the first missions.
low rated

The Commandos series’ first appearance in a modern 3D Engine: rotate the environment 360 degrees, move seamlessly in and out of buildings, submarines, planes and underwater, and zoom in and out of the environment.
WOW !!!! ٩◔‿◔۶

Good to see the hd remake here .... many gamers will probably enjoy the game ....

minus one player who joined GOG because of the majority of the good OLD games , i joined the minute i saw GOG supported paysafe, ( it took a while cause i had to read it in a paper magazine and these magzaine are extremely rare nowaday's thats why it took till 2014 :D before i got the news.

I have the classic cd retails ( twice) also have the comm 2 and 3 ( old versions) tbh i did not like the comm 2 and 3 becaus of o the change in engine , i bought it to complete the pack , after i saw the current comm 2 HD, i knew it would not be on my list , like i said ia m 99% GOG lover and have a few modern games of which the majority looks like classic thats why i bought new games but with a classic look and engine/ graphics, the only '3'd graphic like game i have is GORKY 17, one of my all time favorites.

Finally the min. system: already a killer for me :D

Minimum system requirements:

System:
Windows 7 64-bit or higher, Windows 8, Windows 10
Processor:
Intel i3 4th-Generation 3.5GHz, AMD Quad-Core 3.9GHz
Memory:
6 GB RAM
Graphics:
Nvidia GTX 760, AMD Radeon HD 7950, 2GB Vram

3.5 or up GHz , must be because of the engine perhaps,

Anyway, this does NOT mean i said the game is BAD before people might misunderstand my reply ٩◔‿◔۶
, imho i just don't 'like' the rotating stuff , 'grew' up with classic games , and thats what i will be playing classic games (with the exception of the pixel games that had 2 or 8 colors )
argamasa: The Commandos saga always has been very difficult to me, i tried some times and never pass from the first missions.
build in cheat were there to teleport behind them and remove the enemy
Post edited January 24, 2020 by gamesfreak64
Why the censorship? It's not even illegal in Germany anymore! Or is this brought to you by the same people who want to remove the confederate flag from American civil war games?

Hard pass from me, I still have the originals.
low rated
apehater: so no free upgrade for the owners of classic commandos 2?
MadalinStroe: Such a strange decision. I don't think anybody compelled/asked/pressured Kalypso Media to censor anything, I think they decided to do so, for themselves. Somebody at the top of Kalypso seems to be a historical revisionist.
Nerevar.220: S/He could be paranoid of those people who think just showing something is endorsing it, or be one of them.
firstpastthepost: This looks like a lazy cash grab. They put more effort into removing images from the game than they did adding new features. It's like someone looked at Beamdog's business model and thought they could outdo their laziness.
AB2012: Censoring WW2 flags in a WW2 game is not even a sane kind of censorship. What's next, removing ninja's from Mark of the Ninja?... Was looking forward to this, but it looks like Focus Home will get my money instead.
you people said it all

Cabaret song: Money makes the world go round
maybe the older members might have seen it once or so, i have seen it a few times many years ago :D

I dont mind if the game developers/publishers decide to do this as long as i can play and download the original games i bought and loved the play in my younger days they can remake anything a gazillion times .

Anyway even an i7- 9700k might sweat on this one: 3.5 ghz quad as a min for the game because of the engine i guess, which i dont get because of the many new games it can run smoothly, but because the old harware is too old
and isnt immortal like the Highlander
low rated
tremere110: Why the censorship? It's not even illegal in Germany anymore! Or is this brought to you by the same people who want to remove the confederate flag from American civil war games?

Hard pass from me, I still have the originals.
don't know i have read many articles about lots of upcoming changes, both IRL and in game, even books are being 'scrutinised;' one thing that was quite silly to read was the Sleeping Beauty , some one found that there was no 'permission' given to the Prince in the fairy tale to wakeup the bride by means of the magical kiss ٩◔‿◔۶

Anyway this isn't going anywhere it's 2020 already and the number of dumb keep growing.....

on the other hand it is rather fun to watch ٩◔‿◔۶