It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Streets are uneven when you are down.

<span class="bold">Californium</span>, a surreal adventure in the unmapped intersection of realities, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com for Windows and Mac, with a 10% launch discount.

Creating different, plausible realities is what writers do, if they are any good. Elvin Green is not considered good by his editor, who no longer wants him as his client. He is not considered good by his wife either, as made abundantly clear in the goodbye letter she left behind. Elvin Green needs a different reality. And he will get a number of them bundled with weird, psychedelic images that wash over his mind, as he looks to make sense out of a meaningless existence.

1967 is not a good year for Elvin Green. But it has now become a very interesting one. As he explores the shifting realities that converge around him, he realises he can communicate with the colorful inhabitants and hop between worlds by touching objects which don't seem to belong. And unlike the bleak, dystopian imagery in which most of Philip K. Dick's work is typically represented in various media, the realities of Californium are bathed in a vibrant, intoxicating palette, representative of Elvin Green's indulgence in recreational chemicals. Will they prove to be the root of his plights or the catalyst to better understanding himself?

Get lost within the layered realities of <span class="bold">Californium</span> and find the piece of mind you're missing, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 10% launch discount will last until February 24, 10:59 AM GMT.
bigsilverhotdog: And if you're wondering why I quoted you twice and posted the same thing twice, it's because GOG's forum is consistently broken for me.

I can't see my own post for some reason, IF I'm logged in. If i logout, I can see the double post, but as soon as I log in, it disappears. This has been happening to me for a long time.

edit: Several minutes later it spontaneously appeared. This time at least. Crazy.
gamesfreak64: Did you try old explorer v11 or up? or chrome browser? i have FF set as default browser, but have the old IE 11x and the chrome browser aswell, just as a 'backup'.
I am member of many forums, games and design forums (all english) and sometimes some software seems to run better in a certain browser, usually FF does the trick for me but sometimes some sites seem to favor IE 11 or so .

Always disable as many browser addons that are not needed, cause sometimes these might mess up in rare cases.

omega64: If you contact their support they'll help you get it working. At the very least they'll be informed of the issue and can sort it out with the developer. You can't fix an issue if you don't know it's there. ;)

I would suggest making a backup of your saved games and config files and removing the originals. It might run after that. If not you can always put them back and enjoy the copy the dev provided you with.

Sidenote: What did the dev say was the probable cause of the issue?
Which dll file was missing?
gamesfreak64: my topic is here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/order_of_the_thorne_the_kings_challenge/game_gives_error_reinstalling_the_game_x_number_of_times_wont_fix_it/page1
Ah alright I get it. Just don't forget to contact support. :P
Chrome with no addons or Firefix with only security addons, it makes no difference.

It doesn't matter much to me anyway, I rarely post on these forums.

Carry on. :)
bigsilverhotdog: Chrome with no addons or Firefix with only security addons, it makes no difference.

Had the same issue yesterday. Don't worry about it. ;)
bigsilverhotdog: Chrome with no addons or Firefix with only security addons, it makes no difference.

okay, thanks for the reply.

well in that case it wont be problem then, i myself post some stuff frequently.
So.... today's releases are a pre-order and a genuinely terrible game, if impressions are to be believed?

Good stuff, GOG.
Post edited February 17, 2016 by Chacranajxy
high rated
PaterAlf: It might be interesting that the single episodes can be downloaded for free from Arte's website:

http://californium.arte.tv/de/#/episodes
This is true - since Arte is a public channel, folks from France and Germany can get the game for free. There are several pretty marked differences between the free and retail versions though.

The free version is:
— available in French & German only
— episodical, it'll be released piece by piece
— missing the save feature
— missing the OST bonus-content
PaterAlf: It might be interesting that the single episodes can be downloaded for free from Arte's website:

Konrad: This is true - since Arte is a public channel, folks from France and Germany can get the game for free. There are several pretty marked differences between the free and retail versions though.

The free version is:
VERY helpful, thank you!
I can't help but notice the review calling it 'Jazzpunk without any of the fun', and Jazzpunk wasn't exactly a heavy hitter after the first play.

Of course, it'd be nice if the game was actually named, rather than an atomic element, so reviews and information would be easier to find. Great going, game developer/Publisher.

Oh well. At least we can look forward to Hyper Light Drifter, the game that was kickstarted during the Kickstarter craze and only now has managed to crawl up long after the lo-fi graphics craze, not to knock what is surely a wonderful title.
Konrad: This is true - since Arte is a public channel, folks from France and Germany can get the game for free. There are several pretty marked differences between the free and retail versions though.

The free version is:
According to the game page there is no bonus content at all.
Vainamoinen: First episode is actually available for free from developer arte.tv...

Free game!
Thank you :-)
So it seems like this wasn't too niche for GOG. ;)
Reading the synopsis it wasn't hitting me as very interesting till I got to the part about Philip K. Dick's worlds. If the setting is from a classic sci-fi author who I've enjoyed then the game is worth a shot too - wishlisted for now though since I just picked up a bunch of the games on last weekend's sale.
bigsilverhotdog: Mini review is up. GOG gave me store credit which is fine and (thankfully) removed the game from my inventory. Let us never speak of it again.

For the record I loved the hell out of Jazzpunk.
How did you get a refund in store credit ? I thought GoG only refunds if you can't get it to work not if you don't like it. I have one title in my library I really regret but I didn't think I could get a refund on it.
disi: I hope for something like The Stanley Parable :D
When I get home...
Always wanted to play The Stanley Parable but it is only on Steam. I wish GoG would get it :(
Post edited February 17, 2016 by styggron

The free version is:
How does it save? At the end of each chapter?

The free version is:
Hello Konrad,
You say the free version is missing the OST, but when I look at GoG's version it does not say it has an OST. Nothing lists as extras on the GoG version from what I can tell. Have I missed something ?

Also more generally,
I watched, albeit briefly, a few youtube plays and the game looks ok to me. I am worried it might be poor. There is only a single review here on GoG but the stars are high.

Is it really that bad ?

At the moment I have wishlisted it. Maybe wait till it goes down to $5 perhaps, I don't know. Just worried about the bad review at present. Not much info on it around really.

Anyone else bought it and played it ?
Post edited February 17, 2016 by styggron