It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is now available DRM-free. Get it 50% off until July 26th, 4pm UTC.

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) is the ultimate game of space exploration. The game features the race to the Moon, the historical event that started in the early 1960s and that ended in July 1969, after the successful completion of the Apollo 11 mission. To verify its accuracy and authenticity, the game has been developed in consultation with Dr. Buzz Aldrin, former U.S. Air Force combat pilot (66 missions in Korea) and NASA astronaut, who took part in the first Moon landing mission and became the second human being to walk on the Moon.
Here's one I wish was on GOG connect, consider I've purchased it on Steam but not gotten around to playing it yet.
I love games like this. Couldn’t buy it fast enough.
low rated
God bless the crew of Apollo 11
Kudos, gog, for releasing an appropriately themed game at about the right time. Happy 50th anniversary of moon landing conspiracy nuts!
Is this similar to BARIS? Found that game on Home of the Underdogs and I used to play it for hours.
Well timed!
GOG.com: Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
The one "game" that immediately springs to my mind is: Apollo 18 - Mission to the Moon on my C64.
I think, I never made it into orbit... ;)

https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/apollo-18-mission-to-the-moon
pbaggers: Well timed!
You think that was a coincidence?

Instabuy at this price. I have been wanting to try this game, but since I had Kerbal Space Program already wanted to wait for a sale.
BTW Kerbalis also doing a tribute to Apollo 11.
Reynard_Muldrake: Is this similar to BARIS? Found that game on Home of the Underdogs and I used to play it for hours.
You can still see bits and pieces of BARIS in there, but they ramped up the complexity on almost everything. No R&D rolls, instead you assign scientitsts to program types to increase the rating and each scientist has their own aptitude towards various programs. Ditto for the astronauts and Mission control staff. Quarterly turns rather than half year. A great deal many more programs and program steps. There's still a core of "How did the satelllite not turn on in that step? I was at 98%!" in there though..
Does this includes cold war fear and stealing intels from each other?
ça fait déjà 50 ans que le premier homme a marché sur la lune ...

ce jeu est l'opportunité de revivre en quelque sorte cette grande aventure pour l'humanité :)
Am someone who loves NASA and the Apollo missions I might check this game out some time. Also I look forward for the we astronauts back the Moon and eventually to Mars.
Post edited July 22, 2019 by jvandiver
GOG.com: Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is now available DRM-free. Get it 50% off until July 26th, 4pm UTC.

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) is the ultimate game of space exploration. The game features the race to the Moon, the historical event that started in the early 1960s and that ended in July 1969, after the successful completion of the Apollo 11 mission. To verify its accuracy and authenticity, the game has been developed in consultation with Dr. Buzz Aldrin, former U.S. Air Force combat pilot (66 missions in Korea) and NASA astronaut, who took part in the first Moon landing mission and became the second human being to walk on the Moon.
I've been eyeing this for some years, but put it off because it was a bit expensive given the reviews weren't *as* positive as I would hope.

But growing up I was a space nut, so for the 50th anniversary of the moon landing I felt like this was the best time to buy related games, and this particular one gives royalties to Buzz Aldrin and his family, so I finally bought it here today.

I expect to enjoy it beyond that tribute to Buzz Aldrin, and it didn't cost all that much anyway.
zgrillo2004: God bless the crew of Apollo 11
You forgot about the crew of Apollo 1.