It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Honey, I shrank the soldiers.

<span class="bold">Army Men</span>, <span class="bold">Army Men II</span>, and <span class="bold">Army Men: Toys in Space</span>, the squad-based strategy games starring a handful of brave plastic commandos, are available now DRM-free, exclusively on GOG.com! Grab them all for a 44% series discount.

Look lively, you Green maggots! The despicable Tan soldiers are pushing us out of our own territory. We need to shape up and reclaim the regions that are rightfully ours before these bastards and their filthy allies conquer the entire toy box! Or worse: the kitchen!

You heard the Sarge: Gain control of his heroic squad of toy soldiers and shoot, melt, or blow up your devious opponents with your handheld weapons, unstoppable tanks, or surgical airstrikes. The top-down perspective gives you a tactical view of the battlefield and the plastic brutality that ensues when the toy combatants meet. After engaging in WW2-style combat, the Army Men will go on to meet Toys in Space, gaining access to more advanced technology and facing the sinister alien toys that have come to wreak havoc on our unsuspecting bathroom floors and peaceful backyards!

Take the <span class="bold">Army Men</span>, <span class="bold">Army Men II</span>, and <span class="bold">Toys in Space</span> out of their box and let them at their evil plastic enemies, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 44% series discount for getting all three games is permanent.

NOTE: The games are still awaiting age ratings from certain official agencies, hence the publisher is unable to legally offer them to users in the respective regions, due to local laws. As soon as the games receive their ratings in your region, they will become available for purchase.
tinyE: That worked but I could have sworn I was doing that before! I never would have bothered the forum for something that simple. :P

Take my advice and don't ever get old.
JudasIscariot: Glad it worked, at least :)
Okay, now that's not working. :P

Wait...now it's working again.
Post edited September 09, 2016 by tinyE
Fantastic releases! Keep this up, GOG, and my wallet will hate you. I hope you accept moths as payment. :)
Thanks, GoG/GOG for bringing the early Army Men games to the storefront! : D I usually don't post here, but this is an exception since I enjoy the Army Men games whenever I get the chance to own a copy. I'll be buying the games later this year.

Also, I didn't know that 2K Games owns the Army Men license until now.
Post edited September 09, 2016 by RyuuZonvolt
RyuuZonvolt: Thanks, GoG/GOG for bringing the early Army Men games to the storefront! : D I usually don't post here, but this is an exception since I enjoy the Army Men games whenever I get the chance to own a copy. I'll be buying the games later this year.

Also, I didn't know that 2K Games owns the Army Men license until now.
I was surprised as well to see 2K games on there. Instabuy.
Nice. I never played them but they sound like fun.

Quite a lot of releases lately. GOG keep up the pace and bring more.
I didn't know those games.

Feels quite greedy to sell them separate, and not as a collection like Ultima or King's quest.
maz.588: I didn't know those games.

Feels quite greedy to sell them separate, and not as a collection like Ultima or King's quest.
You can get all three games for the Euro equivalent of $9.99 if you buy them all as a series so I am not sure what greed you are referring to...
maz.588: I didn't know those games.

JudasIscariot: You can get all three games for the Euro equivalent of $9.99 if you buy them all as a series so I am not sure what greed you are referring to...
It's just my opinion. It should have been released as one game collection at $10. Like the SSI D&D releases. Unbundling them for $6 each seems cheap to me.

And while I got your attention, any news on XWA in french ? I can resend the links if needed.
Any chance we'll get Air Attack and World War in the future?
If Army Men: Sarge's Heroes makes its way onto GoG, I will buy it instantly!
tinyE: Okay, now that's not working. :P

Wait...now it's working again.
Ahh, the wonders of Windows! O.o
JudasIscariot: You can get all three games for the Euro equivalent of $9.99 if you buy them all as a series so I am not sure what greed you are referring to...
maz.588: It's just my opinion. It should have been released as one game collection at $10. Like the SSI D&D releases. Unbundling them for $6 each seems cheap to me.

And while I got your attention, any news on XWA in french ? I can resend the links if needed.
Again, you can buy them all at once for $9.99 if you buy them as a series :) May I ask what is the functional difference, in your opinion, to buying the games in a series or buying them in a collection like the D&D games? Please do keep in mind the 44% discount is rather permanent :)

As for XWA FR, still waiting for it to be done, unfortunately, but it's not forgotten :)
maz.588: It's just my opinion. It should have been released as one game collection at $10. Like the SSI D&D releases. Unbundling them for $6 each seems cheap to me.

JudasIscariot: Again, you can buy them all at once for $9.99 if you buy them as a series :) May I ask what is the functional difference, in your opinion, to buying the games in a series or buying them in a collection like the D&D games? Please do keep in mind the 44% discount is rather permanent :)

As for XWA FR, still waiting for it to be done, unfortunately, but it's not forgotten :)
Guess the point is that many would miss the series discount (wonder if maz didn't as well?), or be unconvinced it'll be permanent. If for example you type quest you see Quest for Glory 1-5 for $9.99, be it here or on MaGOG or wherever. If you type army you see each game separately for $5.99, need to go on the page of one (not counting the link there below the names now, won't be there forever) and look for a series discount to see that it exists.
Plus, thinking of sales. Don't think a series discount will stack with promo? So you had the QfG series for $3.29 (I think), but you probably won't get these the same way.
At the same time, selling them separately allows someone who just wants one to just get that one.
This is the first time even since i am on GOG for years where they release a game and i cannot buy it because of some region CRAP. I could always buy the games on GOG and now all of a sudden it depends on my Government if they allow it or not. Best of all is i do not even pay in my currency, i must still buy in Dollars and yet i cannot get this Bundle of Army men because its not allowed.

No warning whatsoever, this is first game now like this and this is CRAP since i buy direct at GOG and pay in dollars. Different story if it was connect to my currency etc of my country.
CharlesGrey: This is some new feature, to celebrate GOG's Brazilian localization of their store, right?

Aren't you grateful?
Unlike most other countries, South Africa and Brasil do not allow digital distribution of games if they haven't been rated. I don't know how GOG handled this before, or if maybe they just haven't been affected by the laws so far because none of the games they released hadn't been previously rated (although I find that kind of hard to believe).

All of those being outraged aobut GOG now starting the regional restriction thing, should consider that the choice was probably between not selling the games in certain regions, or not adding them to the catalogue at all. GOG's idealism, unfortunately, doesn't trump local law.
Post edited September 09, 2016 by Anamon