It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Take control of a team of highly trained fighter pilots and experience an epic story in the dark underwater world. Aquanox Deep Descent is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 10% discount lasting until 23rd October 2020, 6 PM UTC. In the near future, the Earth's surface has become uninhabitable. What remains of humankind lives below the surface of the sea, in a loose network of underwater settlements. In this inhospitable world, you must join the war for resources and dominance.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Does it have a Skirmish mode?
tremere110: Did not know there was going to be a new aquanox game.
Same. :D
macrodeath: Apparently you need to buy the special edition to get the full (aka Extended Ending Scene) ending.
UCrest: ... And it says literally ''Exclusive Manticora ship and Extended Ending scene'' = (coming soon)... These two "extras" of the Special Edition will not be available from the first day of its release on GOG. Bad, very bad!
I think i'll just wait for the enhanced version with the Extended Intro Scene. :P
high rated
Bought it, played it for an hour and thinking about a refund:

Background:
Big Fan of the original Schleichfahrt/Archmedian Dynasty, extremly dissappointed back then about Aquanox, as they transformed it from a quasi-simulation into a dumb shooter with an even dumber story. Played Aquanox 2, which kept the A1 gameplay but otherwise tried to steer a little away from the fps-blandness of A1, but suffered from the small budget.

I did not have any technical problems so far and right after I quit my first hour an update was installed. I finished the first mission on Heartbreak Ridge and its a bland/nediocre shooter, nothing more nothing less. With a lot of strange decisions, like the crafting system, or that you are a group of four, sitting in one cratf, but the radio chatter suggest that there are several crafts, or the door/forcefield - system that makes certain you find your way, but also kills immersion (at least for me).
macrodeath: Apparently you need to buy the special edition to get the full (aka Extended Ending Scene) ending.
Yeah, this is a little off-putting. I don't mind paying extra to get the soundtrack or some game art... but "pay extra to get the good ending"? Ah, no thanks.
It looks interesting...
Wait, what!? Hell, the extended ending is not even out yet! Time to wishlist 'til a deep enough discount on the extended edition then...
Extended Ending as DLC ! first of i have to thank the developer/publisher for being so bold as to make it clear in the goodies section, now the game will be ignored and the dev/pub laughed at and ridiculed ofc for making such dumb desicions.
The second game is already in my library back catalog. I am always totally amazed how game franchises on gog never (or not often) put the older games on sale at same time release of the new game. Really blows my mind....

Hows the AI in the third and this release? (notice the original game listed "Advanced AI" on the game page blurb....)
Whilst I have concerns about the the tbc stuff, I have sent a quick form field email to digital arrow explaining a total lack of faith in gog going forward and the possibility of being able to buy direct and bypass gog completely.

I will post back if i get a response.
ChrisGamer300: Extended Ending as DLC ! first of i have to thank the developer/publisher for being so bold as to make it clear in the goodies section, now the game will be ignored and the dev/pub laughed at and ridiculed ofc for making such dumb desicions.
I don't see the problem. There are more games with season passes/additional content/dlc/expansions sold later on.

Some are well worth the money others are not. If you like the main game and don't want to pay for uncertain content then buy the standard game. Later on you can buy the rest if you want. Because you can buy the standard game, the goodies and the soundtrack seperately, I see no reason why the new content shouldn't.
high rated
ChrisGamer300: Extended Ending as DLC ! first of i have to thank the developer/publisher for being so bold as to make it clear in the goodies section, now the game will be ignored and the dev/pub laughed at and ridiculed ofc for making such dumb desicions.
UUNPV: I don't see the problem. There are more games with season passes/additional content/dlc/expansions sold later on.

Some are well worth the money others are not. If you like the main game and don't want to pay for uncertain content then buy the standard game. Later on you can buy the rest if you want. Because you can buy the standard game, the goodies and the soundtrack seperately, I see no reason why the new content shouldn't.
Guys have a point here, you know - this is THE ending we´re talking about, not some new content or side missions.
Nobody would mind a meaty DLC (aka. expansion) but selling an ending as a part of a Deluxe Edition is off-putting.

At least it should be included as a free patch for everybody, regardless of edition!
Post edited October 17, 2020 by Tarhiel
Was gonna get this on Steam, but now that it's here I guess I can get it here instead. Yay!
UUNPV: I don't see the problem. There are more games with season passes/additional content/dlc/expansions sold later on.

Tarhiel hit the nail on the head here, yes the problem is that i don't like when devs or publishers milk the game with DLC such as an extended ending which to me seem like it should be in the game in the first place because all i see is "extended ending", no i don't like being sold the ending as DLC.

I don't mind larger expansion packs however if well done but this no thx.

Could i have explained this in a less hostile tone the first time ? yes but it got the job done and it does really leave a bad taste in the mouth.
Post edited October 17, 2020 by ChrisGamer300
I wonder if by extended ending they actually mean alternate ending that was scrapped from the game?