It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Come for the business, stay for the sights.

<span class="bold">Anno 1404 Gold Edition</span>, the city-building RTS set during the dawn of the Renaissance, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com with a 33% launch discount.

Arguably, the course of human history and our cultural footprint are mainly defined by a constant drive for discovery and evolution. But would these fine qualities even exist if they were not prompted by our insatiable hunger for power and financial gain?

Anno 1404 Gold Edition speaks of a time when large-scale endeavors like the Crusades, the hanseatic trade, and the ushering of the Renaissance provided numerous opportunities for business and conflict between rising powers. You, as the newly appointed ruler of a fictional fiefdom, are in the perfect position to seize these opportunities and become a prominent player in this tug of war. Efficient trading and fearless exploration across the globe will be your bread and butter, but should circumstances call for conflict, your combat readiness will also be tested on both land and sea. You must manage your population, build majestic gothic cathedrals, and expand your influence in both the Occident and the Orient, as you become one of the pioneers of capitalism.

Build and expand your empire by trading goods and blows with foreign kingdoms in <span class="bold">Anno 1404 Gold Edition</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 33% discount will last until January 19, 1:59 PM GMT.
Good to see more Ubi games.

It should be pointed out that GOG lacks Ghost Recon's expansions, as well as Rainbow Six's.

There are also much more entries in both those series, as well as Splinter Cell, and of course Assassin's Creed. I'm pretty sure Ubisoft even owns a few Raven Software games and probably doesn't even know it.
Nice to see another Anno game here
Anyone tried the community patch with this version yet?

Just curious if it works or if its already included.

Thanks
Nice, wishlisted.

Must play the rest of the ones I've already got first...
I'm still waiting for Heroes VI without the conflux crap and dynasty stuff working properly offline.
Awesome Release! This is the best part of the series.
Thanx to Ubisoft and GOG!
Now this is some good news. Now all that's left is for gog to introduce Axis & Allies (2004) as its next DRM-free strategy title.
The absolute best of the Anno series. Nice score here, GoG. And thank you Ubisoft for bringing it over here.
ShadowPatriarch: Now all that's left is for gog to introduce Axis & Allies (2004) as its next DRM-free strategy title.
Don't hear people mentioning this one very often. It's what I played in the mid-2000s after I was done with Diablo 2. :) Just randomly grabbed it on disk at a Best Buy one day thinking the board game portion could be fun, since I have loved the actual board game since it was first released. I had fun with the RTS though. :)
Post edited January 14, 2016 by budejovice
stardog765: Anyone tried the community patch with this version yet?

Just curious if it works or if its already included.

Thanks
It doesn't look like it has been applied - luckily, since the patch is only compatible with the English version.
+1 for Ubisoft on this one, great game / series.

Really hope they will become a bit more active releasing games over here from now on (particularly waiting on the older Rainbow Six titles and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic).
ShadowPatriarch: Now all that's left is for gog to introduce Axis & Allies (2004) as its next DRM-free strategy title.
budejovice: Don't hear people mentioning this one very often. It's what I played in the mid-2000s after I was done with Diablo 2. :) Just randomly grabbed it on disk at a Best Buy one day thinking the board game portion could be fun, since I have loved the actual board game since it was first released. I had fun with the RTS though. :)
It was indeed a fun game. I got it after having played the the RISK game. unfortunate that it isnt to be found anywhere online. pray the gog powers-that-be hear our humble appeal and grant us this boon. :)
budejovice: Don't hear people mentioning this one very often. It's what I played in the mid-2000s after I was done with Diablo 2. :) Just randomly grabbed it on disk at a Best Buy one day thinking the board game portion could be fun, since I have loved the actual board game since it was first released. I had fun with the RTS though. :)
ShadowPatriarch: It was indeed a fun game. I got it after having played the the RISK game. unfortunate that it isnt to be found anywhere online. pray the gog powers-that-be hear our humble appeal and grant us this boon. :)
While the year is wrong (2006 instead of 2004), most votes have been accumulating here, so if you haven't yet... :)
ShadowPatriarch: It was indeed a fun game. I got it after having played the the RISK game. unfortunate that it isnt to be found anywhere online. pray the gog powers-that-be hear our humble appeal and grant us this boon. :)
budejovice: While the year is wrong (2006 instead of 2004), most votes have been accumulating here, so if you haven't yet... :)
Already voted. Even commented there. :) And speaking of old gems that are nowhere else to be found, The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth I and II would be another awesome addition.
C'mon Ubisoft, don't stop here, don't let me down. Bring us more games in your other franchises next!