It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Come for the business, stay for the sights.

<span class="bold">Anno 1404 Gold Edition</span>, the city-building RTS set during the dawn of the Renaissance, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com with a 33% launch discount.

Arguably, the course of human history and our cultural footprint are mainly defined by a constant drive for discovery and evolution. But would these fine qualities even exist if they were not prompted by our insatiable hunger for power and financial gain?

Anno 1404 Gold Edition speaks of a time when large-scale endeavors like the Crusades, the hanseatic trade, and the ushering of the Renaissance provided numerous opportunities for business and conflict between rising powers. You, as the newly appointed ruler of a fictional fiefdom, are in the perfect position to seize these opportunities and become a prominent player in this tug of war. Efficient trading and fearless exploration across the globe will be your bread and butter, but should circumstances call for conflict, your combat readiness will also be tested on both land and sea. You must manage your population, build majestic gothic cathedrals, and expand your influence in both the Occident and the Orient, as you become one of the pioneers of capitalism.

Build and expand your empire by trading goods and blows with foreign kingdoms in <span class="bold">Anno 1404 Gold Edition</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 33% discount will last until January 19, 1:59 PM GMT.
IronArcturus: Is the sale still going on?
It was still discounted for me when I checked, but I think it will be over in about 10 minutes. It should have ended about 50 minutes ago though.
Post edited January 19, 2016 by trentonlf
low rated
jak mám kruci zaponout to Venice!
Joyrider1: jak mám kruci zaponout to Venice!
"How the heck do you zap it Venice!" says Google Translate. I can't really put that into something meaningful in my head. Is Google Translate wrong or are you talking nonsense? I don't know.
DubConqueror: "How the heck do you zap it Venice!" says Google Translate. I can't really put that into something meaningful in my head. Is Google Translate wrong or are you talking nonsense? I don't know.
It means: "How the hell/heck do I turn on the Venice."

He mistyped it. It should have been: "Jak mám kruci zapnout to Venice."

Also "to" could be omitted in this case. It is not really needed. But it being there is not technically wrong.

So he has a problem with launching the Venice add-on. Unfortunately, I can't help since I haven't played the game yet.
Post edited August 26, 2019 by idbeholdME
Zapnete Benátky laserovou pistolí

Doufám, že to pomůže.
Post edited August 26, 2019 by timppu
timppu: Zapnete Benátky laserovou pistolí

Doufám, že to pomůže.
The word order is wrong :P

It should be "Benátky zapnete laserovou pistolí".
Or you could make it "Zapněte Benátky laserovou pistolí".
"Zapnete Benátky laserovou pistolí" is more suited to be question: "Will you turn on Venice by a laser pistol?"

Otherwise, it is fine :)
idbeholdME: The word order is wrong :P
Damn Google Translator! I knew they can't be trusted.

Anyway, in Finnish the word order is generally less strict.

Minä annan sinulle omenan.
Minä annan omenan sinulle.
Annan minä omenan sinulle.
Sinulle omenan annan minä.
Omenan sinulle minä annan.
Minä sinulle omenan annan.
etc.

All basically meaning "I give you an apple.". Why can't other languages be more like Finnish? You'd all be more content with your lives and there'd be eternal harmony in the world, if they were.
Post edited August 26, 2019 by timppu
timppu: Damn Google Translator! I knew they can't be trusted.

etc.

All basically meaning "I give you an apple.". Why can't other languages be more like Finnish? You'd all be more content with your lives and there'd be eternal harmony in the world, if they were.
We would all just have to learn one of the hardest languages in the world, no big deal :P
timppu: Damn Google Translator! I knew they can't be trusted.

etc.

But, I wanted an orange... :P
I love this but 1602 will always hold a special place in my heart.
TerriblePurpose: But, I wanted an orange... :P
Sorry, oranges don't grow here. Apples do.