It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ergo proxy.

<span class="bold">Anima: Gate of Memories</span>, a third-person action/RPG about a girl and a monster held together by a strange bond, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

Being a teenager is a schizophrenic enough experience, so when a demon takes up residence inside your soul, you know you're in for a wild ride. Something dark binds Ergo and The Bearer of Calamities together, but as a greater evil rises from the shadows, the girl and her demon must work together to conquer it. Spectacular moves and devastating attacks can be achieved through their special synergy, and as the adventure progresses you will unlock new abilities and customize the characters' unique skills to maximize their fighting potential. The world of Gaia is vast, diverse, and perilous, full of secret areas and legendary creatures that will challenge both your reflexes and creative thinking. Will your inner struggle get the better of you or will you manage to wield it as a weapon against the hordes of darkness?

Embrace the shadows and unleash your inner demon upon your monstrous enemies in <span class="bold">Anima: Gate of Memories</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The game includes GOG Galaxy support for achievements, albeit the feature is still a work in progress.
The 20% discount will last until October 18, 2:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/taATKFluoi8
Post edited October 11, 2016 by maladr0Id
IAmSinistar: One thing the game really needs though is the ability to invert the X axis. Turning left and right is completely opposite of what I am comfortable with in most games, and the lack of a way to switch that ingame on the Xbox controller is really annoying. If anyone knows of a method or external app that lets you change this on an Xbox controller running under Windows, please let me know.
So does this mean that on X pressing left pans the camera right? This is the way I always liked it growing up, it makes sense if you think of the camera as a separate entity locked onto the player (Like how free camera was envisioned originally in Mario 64). However I started having troubles once I hit the HD consoles when about 80% of games had inverted this camera control, and no option to switch the X axis back... or if it did, it almost always inverted aiming controls. So I had to learn how to play this way, which really screws me up when trying to play many older 3D titles...

In short, if you're making a third person game with a freely rotating camera... for god sake make sure you add both invert Y and X options, and keep them as separate settings from aiming if the free camera doesn't act as your reticle... is that really too much to ask for?
Post edited October 13, 2016 by ReynardFox
It seems like the combat is similar to Devil May Cry.

Which I like.
IAmSinistar: snip
Howdy!
Awesome then, eh? Devil May Cry-ish combat gameplay is never too much.

IAmSinistar: muted the voices pretty quickly.
Ha!
Just in case no one knew, This game was originally on Kickstarter. Here is the link to the campaign.
ReynardFox: So does this mean that on X pressing left pans the camera right?
No, moving the thumbstick left rotates the view to the left. Basically it acts like a first-person perspective in a third-person game. Like you, I see the camera as a separate entity floating behind the player, and when I press left I'm telling it to rotate around the player in a clockwise fashion, with the view slewing right. Instead it's moving anticlockwise when I press left.

There really is no reason for any game of this kind not to offer the most basic option to invert the axes, and separately from each other. I can see me eventually abandoning this game over that lack, once combat gets to the point where I need to move very precisely.

vicklemos: Awesome then, eh? Devil May Cry-ish combat gameplay is never too much.
It is good, with the caveat mentioned above.
IAmSinistar: No, moving the thumbstick left rotates the view to the left. Basically it acts like a first-person perspective in a third-person game. Like you, I see the camera as a separate entity floating behind the player, and when I press left I'm telling it to rotate around the player in a clockwise fashion, with the view slewing right. Instead it's moving anticlockwise when I press left.

There really is no reason for any game of this kind not to offer the most basic option to invert the axes, and separately from each other. I can see me eventually abandoning this game over that lack, once combat gets to the point where I need to move very precisely.
I have this game on Steam, and trust me the camera issue, will lead you into frustration.

Also, even it's playable with a Mouse + KB, i strongly advise you to use a controller, especially for the "difficult" jumps, there are some sadistic places >_>. (traps on small area with disappearing platforms & even some with a timer ..... :| ) -> well you will encounter some sooner or later....

The other main issue, of this game , is the lack of foes, too many areas (especially the huge ones) feel empty :( . (even if they re-spawn , after a while it leads to grind for exp. and ti's not really fun in this game.)

And finally don't make the same error i did, spent your skills points you gain asap , there's an item in an area which allows you to reset all skills points on both characters once (but only once i think).
Post edited October 13, 2016 by DyNaer
Arinielle: Have this game on Steam. Nice to see it finally on GOG. My only complaint with it was not being able to find how to keep the camera angle set. Any time I had to move it somewhere, it stayed kinda off and had to put it manually back behind the character after taking a look around.

Made it a bit difficult to just take a look around for mobs or secrets to go after. I feel I've missed something if this isn't a problem for anyone else.
I gave the game about an hour so far, so far from being expert, but... the camera has two modes. Lock onto enemies - or not, toggled with left stick press. Both are freeform as long as there is no enemy around, seems like best of both worlds and worked fine for me.
Arinielle: Have this game on Steam. Nice to see it finally on GOG. My only complaint with it was not being able to find how to keep the camera angle set. Any time I had to move it somewhere, it stayed kinda off and had to put it manually back behind the character after taking a look around.

Made it a bit difficult to just take a look around for mobs or secrets to go after. I feel I've missed something if this isn't a problem for anyone else.
huan: I gave the game about an hour so far, so far from being expert, but... the camera has two modes. Lock onto enemies - or not, toggled with left stick press. Both are freeform as long as there is no enemy around, seems like best of both worlds and worked fine for me.
Yeah then sounds like I was doing something wrong. It was like locking on to something didn't actually turn the camera that way when locked on to said mob. then after a fight it was like I just couldn't keep the camera to stay still behind the character. If I had to look up briefly before jumping to get something on some rocks, it stayed facing up when I needed it to snap back and look down and off to the side a bit to make sure I was stepping in the right place.

...if any of that makes sense at all. Currently can't stay asleep so kinda bleh.

Thanks for giving an answer to this, though.
A while back I wrote an email asking the developer if they had plans on releasing this on GOG; they said they were. So I'm truly glad to see this game here, and will be getting it to support the developer.