It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You’re in for a treat – we have some fun titles from HeartCoreDev! Synthetic Lover and The Symbiant are coming to GOG with amazing extras!

Synthetic Lover is a LGBTQ+ visual novel that takes place in 2066. Biologically engineered humanoids called “biots” make up a large percentage of the workforce; as a protagonist, you take up the role of one of the boots who, like the rest of his colleagues, lives to serve a single purpose: to fulfill his pre-programmed vocation. It’s a story about an individual who discovers the challenges of being a human, and during his journey navigates through the ups and downs of an imperfect life – learning to understand emotions, forming friendships, and possibly finding love along the way. Apart from the base game, you can enjoy the universe even further: through an Official Choice Guide, Artbook and an Official Soundtrack. All Synthetic Lover titles launch with a -25% discount; the offer ends on February 3, 3 PM UTC.

The Symbiant is, as well a LGBTQ+ visual novel, similarly set in a futuristic universe, in the year 5066. It’s a story of two men from entirely different worlds, embracing their newfound romance – Danya, the protagonist, after a troubled transport gig that left his and his friend’s beloved ship in a need of repair, receives a generous offer of transporting a mysterious alien calling himself Brahve. It is a tale of interstellar friendship and a quickly growing affection between two men. You can find even more content in a few extra titles: Game Choice & Achievement Guide, Artbook & CG Pack, and an Official Soundtrack. All The Symbiant titles launch with a -10% discount; the offer ends on February 3, 3 PM UTC.

If you still can’t decide, try out Synthetic Lover Demo and The Symbiant Demo!
high rated
Anarchy_Blues: More likely they hired someone new to source these games, who isn't exactly qualified for the job and just sources stuff that fits their views and/or personal preferences. Would explain why there are hardly any "good old games" getting released nowadays while the front page is flooded with p0rn and anime games regularly.
That's complete nonsense.
Like I said before: This is NOT(!) Good Old Games and it hasn't been for a long time. GOG is first and foremost a DRM-free store that STARTED with classics and ADDED indies and older AAA games. After that they added VNs and now they are also adding NSFW and LGBTQ+ stuff ... because people are buying it. This is NOT a game preservation site and it never was. It was and is a DRM-free store that is looking at its customer base - which is completely mixed nowadays - and decides to add stuff to their catalogue they think their customer base would enjoy. There's no secret agenda behind it and the world won't end tomorrow. This is perfectly normal business practice. If it would not sell (or if GOG would not THINK it would sell) GOG would not put it in their catalogue. Addition to the classic games: GOG released quite a few classics as well recently ... but it is far more difficult to add classics because of te legal situation AND the DRM that's in most cases still in the games. That was one of the reasons why they started adding indie titles a long time ago. They needed something they could sell without having to wait sometimes years until a legal situation of some classic game has been resolved. Just take a look at NOLF and you can imagine how complicated things can get. Still GOG managed to relase Skyrim (a game I am absolutely not interested btw but I know many are) not too long ago.
Post edited February 02, 2023 by MarkoH01
Anarchy_Blues: "good old games"
Its not Wednesday today!
Anarchy_Blues: More likely they hired someone new to source these games, who isn't exactly qualified for the job and just sources stuff that fits their views and/or personal preferences. Would explain why there are hardly any "good old games" getting released nowadays while the front page is flooded with p0rn and anime games regularly.
foad01: There are obviously enough people on GOG who enjoy playing these adult games. That is the reason why GOG is selling them. Deal with it. You and everyone else should be old enough to ignore these games.
EXACTLY
high rated
Kinda funny how GOG released another LGBT novel just yesterday, but since they didn't use that specific terminology in the page or forum, it went completely unnoticed by the haters lol
Imagine getting triggered by a few letters and one plus sign
high rated
Memecchi: Kinda funny how GOG released another LGBT novel just yesterday, but since they didn't use that specific terminology in the page or forum, it went completely unnoticed by the haters lol
Simply go on YT and dive into the comments under anything "The Last of Us - the HBO show, Episode 3" related...paints a very bleak picture of gamers and their "culture".
No wonder, reasonable people don't like to be associated with these guys.
Memecchi: Imagine getting triggered by a few letters
This is the Internet, that's all anybody does 'round here, pardner.
high rated
Like it or not - sales of these games also contribute to financing the efforts of securing releases of other (good old) games on GoG.
Not sure why it's so hard to just ignore things that don't appeal to you...
Swedrami: Like it or not - sales of these games also contribute to financing the efforts of securing releases of other (good old) games on GoG.
This!
Memecchi: Kinda funny how GOG released another LGBT novel just yesterday, but since they didn't use that specific terminology in the page or forum, it went completely unnoticed by the haters lol
Yeah.. although I'm left wondering how much of that is due to the "eww that's gay" knee-jerk rather than the letters. It's not the first time yuri gets a quiet approval. Is it simply the case that cute girls being cute together is fine, but men can't be gay?

For those who missed it, here's that other VN: https://www.gog.com/en/game/please_be_happy

Looks rather cute, so I'll probably buy it sooner or later.. (EDIT: bought, along with a bunch of other things. Keep these VNs coming, GOG)
Post edited February 02, 2023 by clarry
LucianX: Am I on GOOD old games or G.A.Y. old games? Is Boku no Pico releasing next?
MarkoH01: Well, you are on GOG.com - "Good old Games" does not exist anymore since ages.
It is interesting how you don't accept that GOG is offering the part of GOGs customer base that is LGBTQ+ games they would like to have. What's next? Don't sell any games that are aimed at women? Don't sell any games that are aimed at men? Don't sell any games that are aimed at familys? Just because you are not interested in them does not mean that there isn't anybody who is - and obviously enough to spend time and money to do a sale here. Also a sale for LGBTQ+ stuff does not mean that tomorrow you won't find any straight game here anymore just like a shooter sale does not mean that RPGs will get thrown away by GOG.
Uhm...the second question should've clued you in I was making a(n admittedly messed up) joke :D. GoG can sell whatever they want. People these days just don't have a sense of humor...yeesh. I guess I'll atone for my sin of making (bad) jokes by letting the San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus run a train on me. I'm still fairly young, so hopefully they'll be satisfied. Later, y'all
high rated
Let me ask again : Can someone make a userscript that let you hide all the games from the front page / store that you don't want to see / not interested in ?
LucianX: Is Boku no Pico releasing next?
Oh that looks interesting. I would buy.
LucianX: I guess I'll atone for my sin of making (bad) jokes by letting the San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus run a train on me. I'm still fairly young, so hopefully they'll be satisfied. Later, y'all
Why so passive-aggressive?
MarkoH01: Well, you are on GOG.com - "Good old Games" does not exist anymore since ages.
It is interesting how you don't accept that GOG is offering the part of GOGs customer base that is LGBTQ+ games they would like to have. What's next? Don't sell any games that are aimed at women? Don't sell any games that are aimed at men? Don't sell any games that are aimed at familys? Just because you are not interested in them does not mean that there isn't anybody who is - and obviously enough to spend time and money to do a sale here. Also a sale for LGBTQ+ stuff does not mean that tomorrow you won't find any straight game here anymore just like a shooter sale does not mean that RPGs will get thrown away by GOG.
LucianX: Uhm...the second question should've clued you in I was making a(n admittedly messed up) joke :D. GoG can sell whatever they want. People these days just don't have a sense of humor...yeesh. I guess I'll atone for my sin of making (bad) jokes by letting the San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus run a train on me. I'm still fairly young, so hopefully they'll be satisfied. Later, y'all
Well, I don't know the game you mentioned in the second sentence and your comment came shortly after a similar post ... also no smiley anywhere ... and that made it hard for me to realize your joke. But don't worry too much - it was not the first time that I did not realize a post was meant as a joke ... so maybe it is just me ;) Unfortunytely I am pretty sure that there are more than enough people out there who would say what you posted meaning it serious so I guess I simply won't delete my post to let those have something to think about :)

Swedrami: Like it or not - sales of these games also contribute to financing the efforts of securing releases of other (good old) games on GoG.
BreOl72: This!
Let me sign as well :)
Post edited February 02, 2023 by MarkoH01
Gog has this steady push promoting lbgtq+ tagged games in recent times, esp. in case of new releases. If a game/dev/pub feels the need to include the tag, then it better be the main point of the game. I would be disappointed if it was just some side gig while including the tag just for some demographic pandering and low hanging 1up in their books.

LucianX: Uhm...the second question should've clued you in I was making a(n admittedly messed up) joke :D. GoG can sell whatever they want. People these days just don't have a sense of humor...yeesh. I guess I'll atone for my sin of making (bad) jokes by letting the San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus run a train on me. I'm still fairly young, so hopefully they'll be satisfied. Later, y'all
Dude, I've chuckled at gayoldgames, worry not. I know it was tongue in cheek, but it's gayover now! We are serious lot here and we take no prisoners.