It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: India, China
Matruchus: Ah, ok. Isn't it regionally priced there? Cheaper then US or EU?
Same as US, as far as I know.

mrkgnao: Not sure about that one. If that were so, I'd expect regional pricing in IC too.
Grargar: Give it time. It was only some months before that Canada got regional pricing on Steam.
Where do I see information about Steam's regional pricing policies?
Post edited December 10, 2014 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: Where do I see information about Steam's regional pricing policies?
You can read this article about steams regional pricing that has nothing to do with economy but ripping people off.

Link: http://www.pcgamer.com/the-weird-ecomomics-behind-steam-prices-around-the-world/

The excuse as always --> VAT
Post edited December 10, 2014 by Matruchus
Matruchus: You can read this article about steams regional pricing that has nothing to do with economy but ripping people off.

Link: http://www.pcgamer.com/the-weird-ecomomics-behind-steam-prices-around-the-world/
What I'm looking for is a list of which countries have regional pricing on Steam.
Assuming GOG will be following in Steam's footsteps, these are the countries that MaGog should be monitoring.
mrkgnao: What I'm looking for is a list of which countries have regional pricing on Steam.
Assuming GOG will be following in Steam's footsteps, these are the countries that MaGog should be monitoring.
Well they only way you can compare prices is on steamprices.com but that is only one to one country.
I'm not really sure, but Steam used to be completely flat-priced 6 years ago, before there was a push for regional pricing at the insistence of the publishers. News of the regional pricing introduction can be found . This year, they also introduced [url=http://www.valvetime.net/threads/steam-to-introduce-12-new-currencies.245462/]12 new currencies. I wouldn't consider it unlikely if they were to introduce even more.
Post edited December 10, 2014 by Grargar
Wow, I step away for a bit and suddenly I'm accused of fomenting piracy. By a user from Russia, no less. Did I miss a memo that today was Opposite Day?

Thanks very much to Judas, moonshineshadow and everyone else who helped clear things up.
Grargar: I'm not really sure, but Steam used to be completely flat-priced 6 years ago, before there was a push for regional pricing at the insistence of the publishers. News of the regional pricing introduction can be found . This year, they also introduced [url=http://www.valvetime.net/threads/steam-to-introduce-12-new-currencies.245462/]12 new currencies. I wouldn't consider it unlikely if they were to introduce even more.
Thanks. I will be adding some code to MaGog to help us identify more regions as they evolve.
mrkgnao: India, China
Matruchus: Ah, ok. Isn't it regionally priced there? Cheaper then US or EU?
Steam hasn't a RP scheme for India or China at this time. But that does not mean there are no resellers for these markets that offer lower prices...

India's internet penetration rate is still fairly low ( but booming) . There is only one digital platform that specifically targets the Indian market : Games4U . prices seem higher than in Russia ( But the RUB went down by 40% in no time ), but are lower than in the EU or the US.
high rated
vsr: IAmSinistar, your gogmixes look like "Crack lists" (or "Games i seed on TPB") and invitations to violate GOG's TOS.
You're abusing gog's generosity.
Not cool, man. Not cool.
It's rather telling that the only person to dare think that IAmSinistar of all people would advocate piracy or abuse GOG's generosity (which generosity by the way?) in all the months this thread and the GOGmix are live is you.

So, if anyone put that idea in people's mind, that was you - feel free to congratulate yourself for it.

At least you had the decency to apologise for your ignorance. So, lesson to be taken from this - read first, speak later.

*sigh*
Post edited December 10, 2014 by HypersomniacLive
JudasIscariot: No but I wanted to confirm as the history classes I attended while living in the US basically operated on a basis of "In the 50s there was communism, especially in Europe. Communism is bad, m'kay?" :)
Seriously that is what they teach people in US. God help us.
JudasIscariot: No but I wanted to confirm as the history classes I attended while living in the US basically operated on a basis of "In the 50s there was communism, especially in Europe. Communism is bad, m'kay?" :)
Matruchus: Seriously that is what they teach people in US. God help us.
When you apply for a US Green Card (Permanent Resident), you need to fill a long questionnaire. One of the questions is "Have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?". This is in 2014, not in the 1950's.
mrkgnao: When you apply for a US Green Card (Permanent Resident), you need to fill a long questionnaire. One of the questions is "Have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?". This is in 2014, not in the 1950's.
Yeah I know what happened to my secondary school teacher's son when he made a trip to US and from there to Mexico and when he was coming back from Mexico to US the american boarder guards did not know where Slovenia is. The only way he could explain to them is by saying former Yugoslavia. You can think yourself what followed then. He was incarcerated for two weeks before the Slovenian ambassador to US could save him from prison.
mrkgnao: When you apply for a US Green Card (Permanent Resident), you need to fill a long questionnaire. One of the questions is "Have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?". This is in 2014, not in the 1950's.
Matruchus: Yeah I know what happened to my secondary school teacher's son when he made a trip to US and from there to Mexico and when he was coming back from Mexico to US the american boarder guards did not know where Slovenia is. The only way he could explain to them is by saying former Yugoslavia. You can think yourself what followed then. He was incarcerated for two weeks before the Slovenian ambassador to US could save him from prison.
He should have said it's near Castlevania.
Matruchus: Yeah I know what happened to my secondary school teacher's son when he made a trip to US and from there to Mexico and when he was coming back from Mexico to US the american boarder guards did not know where Slovenia is. The only way he could explain to them is by saying former Yugoslavia. You can think yourself what followed then. He was incarcerated for two weeks before the Slovenian ambassador to US could save him from prison.
mrkgnao: He should have said it's near Castlevania.
And Latveria.
mrkgnao: He should have said it's near Castlevania.
Yeah I don't doubt that he was very sorry to said that :) And to be frank that actually happened - its not made up.