It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IAmSinistar: [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=404&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbah&ord=&flt=prp~1~&opt=]928 regional priced titles[/url] in the catalogue today. Game fucking over.

[...]
It was only a matter of time we'd reach this point; the introduction of local currencies was an alarming sign. I expect full regional pricing for all titles, old or new, when agreements come up for renegotiations. After all, it's the realities of the market.

Grargar: "Games which give a fair price package"? "Games with fixed prices outside of Russia"? There are many possibilities, but I'm afraid we might receive a monkey wrench from GOG to our plans.
The first one heavily depends on exchange rates; the going and coming of the FPP doesn't make a game less regionally priced.

mrkgnao: How about I use "What did just update" for everything?
This might be met with discontented comments by those that don't care about regionally pricing and just want the info about game updates.
Post edited April 02, 2015 by HypersomniacLive
mrkgnao: How about I use "What did just update" for everything?
HypersomniacLive: This might be met with discontented comments by those that don't care about regionally pricing and just want the info about game updates.
You are right. Better not.
HypersomniacLive: This might be met with discontented comments by those that don't care about regionally pricing and just want the info about game updates.
mrkgnao: You are right. Better not.
Agreed. That thread doesn't need more hornets in the nest. ;)
mrkgnao: That's pretty easy to calculate.

Since practically the entire catalogue is discounted in Russia and since the mean discount is 61.9%, it means that the rest of the world pays about 2.6 times the Russian price, more or less.
I knew that the prices in Russia were way lower but seeing it written here as a single quote I think this shows how wrong the whole regional pricing is. Someone always gets screwed and it is impossible to get it right, they don't even try to get it right. I will quote this when refering to the "benefits" of regional pricing. I'm a bit angry at GOG.
high rated
Here is the new thread for pricing updates of all manner:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_news_price_updates
mrkgnao: Here is the new thread for pricing updates of all manner:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_news_price_updates
Great thread title. :)
high rated
I'm a bit confused! Why doesn't the Russian version of gog.com look cheaper? :-P
DeMignon: I'm a bit confused! Why doesn't the Russian version of gog.com look cheaper? :-P
Cause you get the prices that are tied to the IP address from which you are accesing gog :)

Edit: Ah, a retorical trick. You got me there.
Post edited April 03, 2015 by Matruchus
DeMignon: I'm a bit confused! Why doesn't the Russian version of gog.com look cheaper? :-P
+1!!!
So just one shade of grey and everything in Comic Sans? ;)
You've been asking different question - why other versions of GoG does not look more posh and expensive? Natural full grain leather, suede, expensive types of wood, satin nickel polished shims, ivory and gold inlays...

IAmSinistar: So just one shade of grey and everything in Comic Sans? ;)
You wanted different shade of grade and Arial? I dunno, I prefer Times New Roman and khaki. Feels homey. Still better than that eye-gouging blue hue on Steam. Regardless, if you still accept Russian prices, I can only quote Jaheira: jealous is not becoming. And if you still unhappy, and want cheaper games, either wait for discounts, without complaining "oh, they still get it cheaper", or move to Russia. And you'll enjoy all your games with Russian prices and no DRM, available worldwide. Hm, GoG got grant from Russian Ministry of Tourism in light of upcoming 2018 Football championship? :D
HypersomniacLive: It was only a matter of time we'd reach this point; the introduction of local currencies was an alarming sign. I expect full regional pricing for all titles, old or new, when agreements come up for renegotiations. After all, it's the realities of the market.
This "realities of the market" meme is a pretty depressing thought if one starts wondering what's the next reality GOG will be adjusting to. The extension of regional lock, probably...
Phc7006: This "realities of the market" meme is a pretty depressing thought if one starts wondering what's the next reality GOG will be adjusting to. The extension of regional lock, probably...
Well, the realities of the market does very clearly show that the lion share of money lies in client-based DRMed business model. I assume that regional locks and whatnot will eventually lead us there. ...in a Galaxy far, far away.
Phc7006: This "realities of the market" meme is a pretty depressing thought if one starts wondering what's the next reality GOG will be adjusting to. The extension of regional lock, probably...
The realites of any market are that economic rationality favours buying where the product is sold cheapest. Companies sometimes find this out the hard way.

My guess is that GOG is hoping most people just don't pay enough attention to notice they aren't in a class of customers getting preferential treatment. A lot of us frequent visitors tend to wait for sales anyway, since we're used to big discounts on games (something GOG also used to oppose, I believe, but when they backed down that time it was to all buyers' benefit). Knowing that the real base price of a game is the Russian price, rather than the marked-up price offered to us, will, I conjecture, further shift our perceptions of games' value: how impressive is a 50% discounted price if it's still above the Russian price (based on mrkgnao's figures)? As economists might say, prices are information...
Post edited April 03, 2015 by VanishedOne
VanishedOne: My guess is that GOG is hoping most people just don't pay enough attention to notice they aren't in a class of customers getting preferential treatment. A lot of us frequent visitors tend to wait for sales anyway, since we're used to big discounts on games (something GOG also used to oppose, I believe, but when they backed down that time it was to all buyers' benefit). Knowing that the real base price of a game is the Russian price, rather than the marked-up price offered to us, will, I conjecture, further shift our perceptions of games' value: how impressive is a 50% discounted price if it's still above the Russian price (based on mrkgnao's figures)? As economists might say, prices are information...
I couldn't agree more. The whole issue of the "Russian market realities" should indeed lead many of us to reconsider the actual value of sales. However, buying games remains an emotion based purchase, just like other non essential goods. And the "market makers" know it very well and bet on it.