It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Exciting new stuff for Thimbleweed Park, Man O' War: Corsair, Vikings: Wolves of Midgard, and more!

It's a well known fact that after the summer shopping spree is over and what is described by psychologists as "Backlog Guilt" sets in, you are twice as eager to get gaming. But whether you're trying your loot for the first time or you're in the middle of your playthrough, extra content and fixes are always welcome. Here are some titles that got leveled up in the past couple of weeks, in case you missed them:

<span class="bold">Thimbleweed Park</span>
Ron Gilbert's darkly humorous point & click got some cool fixes but the most important additions are the all-new idle conversations between your playable characters and an in-game Hint Line. Just dial 4468 (HINT) from any in-game phone to get those sweet puzzle hints that would put your college fund at risk, back in the day.

<span class="bold">Man O' War: Corsair - Warhammer Naval Battles</span>
A ton of changes and fixes have been implemented in the game, the most important one being a new campaign which lets you play as Nurgle's Chosen and spread the plague all across the Old World. How can this not be fun?

<span class="bold">Vikings: Wolves of Midgard</span>
Plenty of fan-requested features and improvements recently hit this fierce action-RPG. Chief amongst them the couch co-op multiplayer option plus several changes made to the NG+ mode and the Trials of the Gods. Plus the game is now 50% off until next Monday.

<span class="bold">Turok 2: Seeds of Evil</span>
The latest update to the dinosaur-blasting shooter brings Dedicated Server support, as well as DirectX improvements and a few new multiplayer game modes, the InstaRok and New Raptor-Fest.

<span class="bold">Through the Woods</span>
This atmospheric horror adventure just became even more atmospheric, thanks to the completely re-recorded voiceovers for the main character, now provided by actress Malin Pettersen.

<span class="bold">Expeditions: Viking</span>
Quite a few changes and additions: A new "surprise round" feature to allow player positioning before the enemy turn when ambushed, full Danish localisation, three new campsite scenes in the Denmark campaign, new animations for Taunt and Dust abilities, a new generic support ability animation for when you're wielding a spear, and an animation for consumable utility items (ie. potions).

<span class="bold">Death Road to Canada</span>
Fixes and seasonal events galore! Canada Day and July 4th bring recruitable beavers, Uncle Sam, and Muscle Eagle, all of which have special lines and things to say upon death.

So what are you waiting for? Fire them up and check out all that cool stuff!
Post edited July 05, 2017 by maladr0Id
Vythonaut: (snip)
* : For both versions (desktop/mobile) of the site.
goglin: There is a mobile version? Link?
Actually, no there isn't; it was wrong phrasing on my part; by mobile version i meant the medium to small to extra-small media queries in their CSS that are intented for the smaller screen devices such as small tablets and smartphones. As for the wishlist entries you posted, I always prefer navigating through a well-coded responsive site rather than anything else and, from a development point of view, it saves quite a lot of time & resources to code a responsive website instead of building a separate mobile version/app.

No need to outline the current usability problems all mobile users have, since they have already been mentioned several times before; i'll just say that GOG.com is on the right track but it really needs some more coding love for the website/forum to shine.
Post edited July 06, 2017 by Vythonaut
HereForTheBeer: Shouldn't be difficult (I am not a coder). The site had a functional - though notifications were a bit delayed - update system for years, and then it went away a year or so back.
T.Hodd: I know, I remember those days when you'd know as soon as there was an update.
Gotcha - saw the join date, wasn't sure if notifications were still around at that point.
Have you noticed, that a truckload of languages have been added to Neighbors From Hell 1 and 2?
No?

That's probably because it won't show anywhere, including directly in "My Collection", like so many completely invisible updates in the last months.
Have you noticed these recent updates for your favorite games?

Yes, now that you mention it I did recently feel a slight tingle in my bullsh–I mean my Galaxy detector. It's just too bad I have no interest in installing and using the client.
Telika: "Hey, look at me juggling with your eyeballs, did you see that ?"
Touché! :D
HereForTheBeer: Precisely. It's the store's job to find the fix for this problem, not the community's. And it IS a problem they should fix, as it's a basic function of the store: providing updates that fix problems with the software they sell. Notifying customers - who already paid for this service - is basic stuff.
Perfectly expressed, well said sir. This is the heart of it I feel.

When I first started being a customer of GoG, a lotta years ago, I felt like they set themselves apart with their consumer focused approach and apparent care for their customers. I don't know what about the worldwide marketplace or the company itself has changed in the intervening years, but a lot of the connection to their user base seems to have evaporated. I know they've got a lot more users and content to manage than they did when they started out, and I know we can seem a pretty salty and unappreciative bunch at times, but still... we're still here aren't we? We want this place to succeed.
bhrigu: "Have You Noticed" seems to be the newest member to enter the hallowed society of those like "Good News" and "too niche".
Have You Noticed how that list keeps on increasing?
bhrigu: "Have You Noticed" seems to be the newest member to enter the hallowed society of those like "Good News" and "too niche".
T.Hodd: Have You Noticed how that list keeps on increasing?
They have Top Men™ working on it 24/7.
Klumpen0815: They have Top Men™ working on it 24/7.
Top men, you say?

Do they spin?
Ganni1987: I didn't get the one for M&B Warband today...
Well, apart from the Mac OS X installer of the game the only changes made were to some of the DLC's:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post16867
Vythonaut: (..)I always prefer navigating through a well-coded responsive site rather than anything else and, from a development point of view, it saves quite a lot of time & resources to code a responsive website instead of building a separate mobile version/app.

(..)but it really needs some more coding love for the website/forum to shine.
Thanks for your reply. I was hoping for a small and fast webpage without out all that scripting and animated stuff, which might have been introduced without an official announcement.

coding love ftw :)