It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Exciting new stuff for Thimbleweed Park, Man O' War: Corsair, Vikings: Wolves of Midgard, and more!

It's a well known fact that after the summer shopping spree is over and what is described by psychologists as "Backlog Guilt" sets in, you are twice as eager to get gaming. But whether you're trying your loot for the first time or you're in the middle of your playthrough, extra content and fixes are always welcome. Here are some titles that got leveled up in the past couple of weeks, in case you missed them:

<span class="bold">Thimbleweed Park</span>
Ron Gilbert's darkly humorous point & click got some cool fixes but the most important additions are the all-new idle conversations between your playable characters and an in-game Hint Line. Just dial 4468 (HINT) from any in-game phone to get those sweet puzzle hints that would put your college fund at risk, back in the day.

<span class="bold">Man O' War: Corsair - Warhammer Naval Battles</span>
A ton of changes and fixes have been implemented in the game, the most important one being a new campaign which lets you play as Nurgle's Chosen and spread the plague all across the Old World. How can this not be fun?

<span class="bold">Vikings: Wolves of Midgard</span>
Plenty of fan-requested features and improvements recently hit this fierce action-RPG. Chief amongst them the couch co-op multiplayer option plus several changes made to the NG+ mode and the Trials of the Gods. Plus the game is now 50% off until next Monday.

<span class="bold">Turok 2: Seeds of Evil</span>
The latest update to the dinosaur-blasting shooter brings Dedicated Server support, as well as DirectX improvements and a few new multiplayer game modes, the InstaRok and New Raptor-Fest.

<span class="bold">Through the Woods</span>
This atmospheric horror adventure just became even more atmospheric, thanks to the completely re-recorded voiceovers for the main character, now provided by actress Malin Pettersen.

<span class="bold">Expeditions: Viking</span>
Quite a few changes and additions: A new "surprise round" feature to allow player positioning before the enemy turn when ambushed, full Danish localisation, three new campsite scenes in the Denmark campaign, new animations for Taunt and Dust abilities, a new generic support ability animation for when you're wielding a spear, and an animation for consumable utility items (ie. potions).

<span class="bold">Death Road to Canada</span>
Fixes and seasonal events galore! Canada Day and July 4th bring recruitable beavers, Uncle Sam, and Muscle Eagle, all of which have special lines and things to say upon death.

So what are you waiting for? Fire them up and check out all that cool stuff!
Post edited July 05, 2017 by maladr0Id
Update notifications seem to work for me when I go into my games tab? Not having the number visible from the menu is less convenient though. I'd prefer it if we could get a changelog tab on the store page, as well as a link directly to that game its community forum so that people know where to go and stop posting questions as reviews.
high rated
GOG.com: Have you noticed these recent updates for your favorite games?
There's updates!?

[Checks library]

Wow, Everspace got released, Factorio got a massive update, etc...

If only there was some sort of *cough* notification system on GOG, that we be a great idea, then I would know when these things happened and we wouldn't need a whole thread to remind us! In fact I don't know why you haven't made one already - it can't be hard right?
Post edited July 06, 2017 by T.Hodd
high rated
Fortuk: Update notifications seem to work for me when I go into my games tab?
No, they don't work. Very few games get notifications about updates. As in 20% at best. As someone who owns almost everything on GOG, I can tell you for certain the notifications do not work. I get 2-3 update "notifications" from GOG a day, and yet there are at usually 5 times that number of updated games.
HereForTheBeer: /also notices that the only way he finds out about updates is by checking the "What did just update?" thread, thanks to the community.
Use Barefoot Essentials.

Really, @thread, use Barefoot Essentials. It doesn't cancel GOG's screwup, but if not seeing updates and/or PMs is a problem for you (as I see it is for many ITT), why aren't you using Essentials?
high rated
Starmaker: Use Barefoot Essentials.

Really, @thread, use Barefoot Essentials. It doesn't cancel GOG's screwup, but if not seeing updates and/or PMs is a problem for you (as I see it is for many ITT), why aren't you using Essentials?
The general principle is, "Why should I have to fix the screwup someone else made."
Telika: Either the announcement is a goof, illustrating how entirely disconnected from the customers experience the GOG staff is, in which case this thread doesn't have any more chance of reaching them than the billion earlier ones about broken notifications,
zeogold: Let's be honest here, this is GOG we're talking about. It's probably this option.
It does make sense as this lack of communication would hint at a very cleverly structured organisation, where each cell ignores the identity and maybe the existence of the others, and thus wouldn't be able to reveal anything if captured. Remember that the T we've interacted with was already Enigmatic, and now we are facing 'Fables'.

But on the other hand, GOG has a history of facetiousness, towards its customers.
bad_fur_day1: I must be the only one here who doesn't give a **** about updates.
Depends on what the update is for me. A lot of them seem to fix or improve things I never even noticed, so I don't care, but if they provie some new content or usefull features like some of these do, then yeah, it's nice to have them.
Breja: Depends on what the update is for me. A lot of them seem to fix or improve things I never even noticed, so I don't care, but if they provie some new content or usefull features like some of these do, then yeah, it's nice to have them.
At the very least, I feel we'd all be ears for major point updates, like Factorio .14 to .15.
Darvond: At the very least, I feel we'd all be ears for major point updates, like Factorio .14 to .15.
0.15 pretty much doubled the game with the new research, nuclear power, etc.
low rated
To me this post seems to be simply asking whether we've been playing these games lately.

On the other hand, most of the replies seem to be from forum members who don't read other replies before responding. I don't know why they are all going off on the notifications system instead, and I doubt a new notification system will help them because they aren't bothering to read anyway. Or maybe they all are a bunch of alternate forum accounts of the same person trying to get a bunch of likes for them all? What a way to spam a thread…

I was really hoping people would be writing about their experiences with the latest updates mentioned for those games, such as whether they noticed the differences and what they thought about their experiences. A couple of the games seem interesting from their descriptions and recent changes. Apparently either nobody has played those games lately, or people are too busy playing them to write much of anything in this thread.
high rated

Darvond: The general principle is, "Why should I have to fix the screwup someone else made."
Precisely. It's the store's job to find the fix for this problem, not the community's. And it IS a problem they should fix, as it's a basic function of the store: providing updates that fix problems with the software they sell. Notifying customers - who already paid for this service - is basic stuff.

To head off the "Okay, but there IS a solution" response (that does make perfect sense, I get it), note that I'm not a fan of installing a bunch of different stuff on my systems. For now, the "What did just update" thread is the middle ground for me. Not the perfect solution, but also doesn't require me to install and periodically run some other bit of software.
T.Hodd: In fact I don't know why you haven't made one already - it can't be hard right?
Shouldn't be difficult (I am not a coder). The site had a functional - though notifications were a bit delayed - update system for years, and then it went away a year or so back.
Post edited July 06, 2017 by HereForTheBeer

Darvond: The general principle is, "Why should I have to fix the screwup someone else made."
Sigh.
Once again, the point isn't "GOG did nothing wrong because Barefoot_Monkey provided a fix". If you're inconvenienced, why not use a third-party fix, other than trying to land on the podium in the fursecution olympics? If a bird shits on your car, are you going to never wash it?
T.Hodd: In fact I don't know why you haven't made one already - it can't be hard right?
HereForTheBeer: Shouldn't be difficult (I am not a coder). The site had a functional - though notifications were a bit delayed - update system for years, and then it went away a year or so back.
I know, I remember those days when you'd know as soon as there was an update.
high rated
"Have You Noticed" seems to be the newest member to enter the hallowed society of those like "Good News" and "too niche".
Post edited July 06, 2017 by bhrigu
answer that to the future generations of people on this planet:

because if you care about the community within which you live, you do what you can to make it better and encourage others to do the same
Post edited July 06, 2017 by drealmer7