It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I got low rated for asking who published Doom? XD

I'm sorry, but what planet are we on? :P
Blaster_Master: I wonder if they're waiting until after the Quakecon sale so they can launch the titles here at full DRM-free price.
No, that ain't happening. You'll be lucky to see Wolf 2009, Heretic, or Hexen released here. id Tech 5 and later games won't be coming to GOG for a very long time, if ever, given that Bethesda seems to want their own client now.

You might see GOG run their own "QuakeCon" sale after all the promotions on all the other platforms end, so their DRM free tax prices don't have to compete directly.

Honestly, I was chuckling to myself about this. All the selling out GOG has done over the past several years and not only do they have extremely little to show for capitulating to "industry standards", they can't even get a sale to coincide with everyone else.

Provided there aren't boards filled with topics complaining about performance, stability, and/or bugs, Doom Eternal will be a day after release purchase for me. Only way GOG sees that money is if it gets released here on the same day it releases everywhere else.
Blaster_Master: I wonder if they're waiting until after the Quakecon sale so they can launch the titles here at full DRM-free price.
Misanthropic: No, that ain't happening. You'll be lucky to see Wolf 2009, Heretic, or Hexen released here. id Tech 5 and later games won't be coming to GOG for a very long time, if ever, given that Bethesda seems to want their own client now.

You might see GOG run their own "QuakeCon" sale after all the promotions on all the other platforms end, so their DRM free tax prices don't have to compete directly.

Honestly, I was chuckling to myself about this. All the selling out GOG has done over the past several years and not only do they have extremely little to show for capitulating to "industry standards", they can't even get a sale to coincide with everyone else.

Provided there aren't boards filled with topics complaining about performance, stability, and/or bugs, Doom Eternal will be a day after release purchase for me. Only way GOG sees that money is if it gets released here on the same day it releases everywhere else.
A store selling out? This is a new concept :P
low rated
Linko90: A store selling out? This is a new concept :P
So witty. Keep hiding behind that snark.

There might be some I've forgotten but... Regional pricing, DLC, Early Access, DRM in the form of third party bloatware. You can claim all you want that the client will always be optional, but the company has either lied or walked back on all of its other standards, so why should I believe you? I've already seen topics in the past regarding outdated offline installer versions vs their Galaxy counterpart, and you've been pushing Galaxy in an aggressive manner.

I used to support GOG. I used to be a big fan. I used to not purchase games elsewhere, instead waiting for them to come here. You apparently stopped caring, so now I don't care either.
Post edited August 11, 2018 by Misanthropic
low rated
On 2nd thought, I'll stay on topic. :D
Post edited August 11, 2018 by tinyE
Linko90: A store selling out? This is a new concept :P
Misanthropic: So witty. Keep hiding behind that snark.

There might be some I've forgotten but... Regional pricing, DLC, Early Access, DRM in the form of third party bloatware. You can claim all you want that the client will always be optional, but the company has either lied or walked back on all of its other standards, so why should I believe you? I've already seen topics in the past regarding outdated offline installer versions vs their Galaxy counterpart, and you've been pushing Galaxy in an aggressive manner.

I used to support GOG. I used to be a big fan. I used to not purchase games elsewhere, instead waiting for them to come here. You apparently stopped caring, so now I don't care either.
No snark mate, less with the spikey attitude!

I am curious to know what you mean by third-party bloatware, however, feel free to send me to DM so we don't take this off topic.
tinyE: This whole "making a profit" thing is inexcusable and I won't have it!
And there's that merit-less argument. There's a difference between being profitable and being avaricious, a line the gaming industry blazed past roughly a decade ago. However, let's say you're correct, but let's also be fair and apply that to everyone.

VALVe have done nothing wrong, they're just trying to make a profit.

UbiSoft have done nothing wrong, they're just trying to make a profit.

Konami have done nothing wrong, they're just trying to make a profit.

Electronic Arts have done nothing wrong, they're just trying to make a profit.

British Petroleum have done nothing wrong, they're just trying to make a profit.

Halliburton have done nothing wrong, they're just trying to make a profit.

Ect...
Misanthropic: And there's that merit-less argument. There's a difference between being profitable and being avaricious, a line the gaming industry blazed past roughly a decade ago. However, let's say you're correct, but let's also be fair and apply that to everyone.

VALVe have done nothing wrong, they're just trying to make a profit.

UbiSoft have done nothing wrong, they're just trying to make a profit.

Konami have done nothing wrong, they're just trying to make a profit.

Electronic Arts have done nothing wrong, they're just trying to make a profit.

British Petroleum have done nothing wrong, they're just trying to make a profit.

Halliburton have done nothing wrong, they're just trying to make a profit.

Ect...
Aww! I feel very bad about the fact that the world had wronged you so!
Would you like five dollars? I'll send it to your PayPal account if you got one.
Is Doom Eternal is a codename for a Quake 4 expansion pack?
Spectre: Is Doom Eternal is a codename for a Quake 4 expansion pack?
No, Quake 4 was a codename for 'pretty much a Warhammer 40k game' ;)
I think it would be a stupid Gog PR move to do a Bethesda sale right after QuakeCon .