It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Whether Skyrim belongs to the Nords is a debatable topic, but there are no questions that this Publisher Sale belongs to Bethesda!

They and their amazing series really need no introduction. Bethesda has been around since 1986 and throughout all those years they captured the hearts of players around the world. With their dedication to creating immersive and expansive gaming experiences, Bethesda has become a beloved name in the industry while creating outstanding and iconic titles that have become staples in their respective genres.

That’s why you should grab yourself some of their masterpieces during this weekend’s Bethesda Publisher Sale with their iconic titles discounted up to -85%!

Don’t miss the deals on titles like:

Dishonored - Definitive Edition (-75%)
Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition (-75%)
DOOM (1993) (-60%)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (-75%)
The Evil Within 2 (-80%)
Wolfenstein 3D

…and of course more – find them all HERE.

The sale lasts only throughout the weekend until November 13th, 3 PM UTC, so make haste and enhance your library with some of the best gaming has to offer!
BreOl72: So: do I understand this right, that I can't "buy"/claim that free mod, if I should decide to go with the "Anniversary Edition", instead of the "Special Edition"?
Like Namur said, Anniversary is a DLC. I have the Anniversary Edition and in my library I see the Special Edition with a separate installer for the Anniversary DLC.
Sheershaw: Doom 2016 is 7 years old at this point. I really wonder why they are holding THAT title back in particular.
It feels like Bethesda often waits for the popularity (or sales?) of a title to decline to a certain point before releasing it here. Skyrim (2011) remained popular for longer than Fallout 4 (2015) yet both released here around the same time. Prey (2017) released in May 2020, but that title never reached the heights of Skyrim or Fallout 4 in terms of popularity.

Some internal politics may also be at play. After the release of the PC port of Doom 64 (2020) Bethesda wanted to end their partnership with Nightdive Studios. In 2022 Nightdive got to work on Doom 64 again, patching the biggest issues. A few months later, Doom 64 dropped on GOG. Coincidence? Who knows.
Post edited November 10, 2023 by W3irdN3rd
Pick One: Bethesda or Masterpiece.
The two are not allowed to overlap.
kai2: You see this as a problem that GOG found -- that the game was published by Focus and not Bethesda -- and corrected. But I see it as a string of problems on GOG's end that...

... has become COMMONPLACE to GOG sales.
I'm certainly not denying that GOG has loads of issues and at least one issue per week. I'm just saying that this particular sale swap was actually a correction, that is all.

Not that this will make anything better now, but I would recommend joining the "GOG Cafe" discord server. The error and the impending fix was known there, so you would have had enough warning to buy it before the discount was removed.

maxpoweruser: It is not churlish to demand moar, because, after all, we are going to be paying for this stuff. It's a generous and constructive position to be taking.

Hopefully we can get a few more of the things before their Microsoft overlords decide to 'preserve' the games by making them exclusive to their DRM subscription service.
Yeah, we're not demanding free stuff. We're asking for a chance to give them more money.
Then again, perhaps GOG needs to sell enough copies of Fallout 4, before they can try to approach Bethesda about more titles.
Post edited November 10, 2023 by SargonAelther
Breja: Guys, we just got Fallout 4 recently. I think they earned a sale or two without the "no new games" complaint.
Considering Fallout 4 wasn't a good game, I think we earned a good release title.
Namur: "The Anniversary Edition includes:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Upgrade"

You're getting the SE regardless so you can claim Enderal regardless.
W3irdN3rd: Like Namur said, Anniversary is a DLC.
I have the Anniversary Edition and in my library I see the Special Edition with a separate installer for the Anniversary DLC.
Doh! (slaps his forehead)

I even read that on the game's page of the Anniversary Edition, but somehow failed to make the mental connection.

Thanks, to the two of you!
SargonAelther: I'm certainly not denying that GOG has loads of issues and at least one issue per week. I'm just saying that this particular sale swap was actually a correction, that is all.

Not that this will make anything better now, but I would recommend joining the "GOG Cafe" discord server. The error and the impending fix was known there, so you would have had enough warning to buy it before the discount was removed.
Understood. Thank you for the information. I very much appreciate it... although I tend not to use Discord; I'll think on it.

Yes, yesterday I was quite annoyed and straddled the line of "going too far." But from spending the morning fighting Galaxy (which for some unknown reason deleted two of my largest files / games... and which has become slower than molasses!) to sales and pricing mistakes on the site, I'd had enough; also I'd been expecting to buy this particular game -- Call of Cthulhu (2018) -- at the Halloween Sale but it never showed up. Suddenly I get notifications and expect to purchase over the weekend and then... *sigh*

... but my major criticism is...

... that this kind of issue shows a lack of caring and professionalism on GOG's part. Now, everyone can excuse these things from a new store, but this is GOG's 15th Anniversary... and problems like this are becoming more common, not less common. (I'd LOVE to see the process of how GOG confirms games for inclusion into sales.)

IMHO we're seeing the confluence of a few things: 1) GOG was meant to be a marketplace for CDPR exclusives, but that hasn't worked out (yet), and since this hasn't happened, GOG has been left to muddle through with limited corporate enthusiasm. 2) With limited enthusiasm and a slowing world economy, comes limited money; we all seem to know GOG isn't sitting on a mountain of cash. 3) And with limited money, certainly comes limited staff. In the age of getting blood from a turnip, there seems to be too few workers to keep the store running efficiently (Support times were our first big clue).

I'll stop griping now... but I really do feel like each time I try to champion GOG (and I have tried to get RL friends to check out this store), it shows just how unreliable and unprofessional it is. And sadly I remember a conversation (on the forum) about similar last year at this time. Oh well... back to fighting Galaxy. *sigh*
high rated
• $1.49 • -70% • Hexen II
• $1.49 • -70% • Hexen: Beyond Heretic
• $1.49 • -70% • Wolfenstein 3D
• $1.64 • -67% • Arx Fatalis
• $1.64 • -67% • Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
• $1.99 • -60% • DOOM (1993)
• $1.99 • -60% • DOOM II
• $1.99 • -60% • Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel
• $1.99 • -60% • Return to Castle Wolfenstein
• $2.39 • -60% • The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard
• $2.49 • -75% • Fallout
• $2.49 • -75% • Fallout 2
• $2.49 • -75% • Fallout Tactics
• $2.99 • -50% • An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire
• $2.99 • -70% • Heretic + Hexen Collection
• $2.99 • -85% • The Evil Within
• $3.99 • -60% • DOOM 3
• $3.99 • -60% • Quake
• $3.99 • -60% • Quake II
• $3.99 • -60% • The Evil Within: Season Pass
• $4.94 • -67% • Quake 4
• $4.99 • -75% • Dishonored - Definitive Edition
• $4.99 • -75% • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition Deluxe
• $4.99 • -75% • Wolfenstein: The New Order
• $4.99 • -75% • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
• $5.99 • -80% • Dishonored 2
• $5.99 • -80% • Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
• $5.99 • -60% • Quake III Arena
• $5.99 • -60% • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY Edition
• $5.99 • -85% • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
• $6.59 • -67% • Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
• $6.59 • -67% • Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
• $7.49 • -75% • Prey
• $7.49 • -75% • Wolfenstein: The Two Pack
• $7.99 • -80% • The Evil Within 2
• $8.99 • -85% • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Digital Deluxe Edition
• $9.99 • -75% • Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition
• $9.99 • -75% • Prey: Digital Deluxe Edition
• $9.99 • -75% • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
• $16.49 • -67% • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition
OMG, I thought, that Heretic II got released on GOG! :D
i see gog still not fixed the " in library " bug with bethesda games that were redeemed during the prime gaming promos
I feel so tired: i see gog still not fixed the " in library " bug with bethesda games that were redeemed during the prime gaming promos
It is merely a question of how games and/or downloadable content are internally-referenced and associated with one another. Within GOG, the Amazon Prime Gaming versions have unique product numbers, and through probable oversight on the part of GOG, for some (but, not all) Amazon Prime Gaming entitlements, no link has been made with the visible store version(s).

There might be a bit of hope that a diligent GOG staff member will eventually correct all of these, as there are games such as STASIS, in which I had purchased the base version, only to later buy the STASIS: Deluxe Edition Upgrade, but, of course, the separate STASIS: Deluxe Edition is not marked as [In Library].

Some games do not have this issue at all, as the system that GOG uses has properly detected that all of the prerequisite items are owned and the user is automatically qualified to receive the applicable 'upgraded' version; so, I know that it would pose little difficulty for them to remedy (even gradually over a period of months would be a pleasant surprise).
Hmm . Is the sale ended earlier than as advertised on the front page ?
Post edited November 13, 2023 by I feel so tired
I feel so tired: Hmm . Is the sale ended earlier than as advertised on the fron page ?
Still running.
Attachments:
BreOl72: Still running.
the discounts were removed 20 minutes before the sale ended
BreOl72: Still running.
I feel so tired: the discounts were removed 20 minutes before the sale ended
Question:
Why don't you guys simply buy your games a day or three BEFORE the sales are intended to end?
Why always wait for the last minute, only to then complain "the sale ended an hour too early!!!"
I feel so tired: the discounts were removed 20 minutes before the sale ended
BreOl72: Question:
Why don't you guys simply buy your games a day or three BEFORE the sales are intended to end?
Why always wait for the last minute, only to then complain "the sale ended an hour too early!!!"
You have too much common sense. [/sarcasm]