It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Somewhat related, New Vegas seems to have Galaxy achievements added to it some time after my post. Won't be surprised if Fallout 3 gets them too.
Isn't all of the music in the game old enough to be in public domain?
darthspudius: Isn't all of the music in the game old enough to be in public domain?
Unfortunately no, see a few posts up.
mcnichoj: Somewhat related, New Vegas seems to have Galaxy achievements added to it some time after my post. Won't be surprised if Fallout 3 gets them too.
That's a pleasantly unexpected surprise. Fallout 3 getting them would be very interesting though. New Vegas has Steam achievements, while Fallout 3 [s] doesn't on PC [/s] has GFWL achievements... so I guess the hooks are already in there if they wanted to use them.
Post edited September 16, 2018 by LordData
darthspudius: Isn't all of the music in the game old enough to be in public domain?
LordData: Unfortunately no, see a few posts up.
mcnichoj: Somewhat related, New Vegas seems to have Galaxy achievements added to it some time after my post. Won't be surprised if Fallout 3 gets them too.
LordData: That's a pleasantly unexpected surprise. Fallout 3 getting them would be very interesting though. New Vegas has Steam achievements, while Fallout 3 [s] doesn't on PC [/s] has GFWL achievements... so I guess the hooks are already in there if they wanted to use them.
So many of this era's music is public, worst comes to worst it wouldn't be hard to find good replacements.
HunchBluntley: Alan Wake was pulled from sale at least in part because it incorporated licensed music whose limited license ran out. GTA: San Andreas had a number of songs pulled from its in-game soundtrack for the same reason (even for people who had purchased the game well before the licenses expired). Mafia II went away for a while, only to come back with a butchered soundtrack. And so on.
OP is worried the same will happen with Fallout 3. It's a valid worry. (Though I don't know how famous any of its licensed music was when Bethesda first licensed it, so they might have been able to afford to license it for a much longer period. Or they could probably afford to just pay to extend the license, given how profitable the series has presumably been for them.)
hedwards: Knowing Bethesda, I doubt they paid much for the licenses.

Also, at this point, I doubt anybody really wants to hear those songs ever again. It's a rather long game and the number of songs is pretty limited. You'll hear each song probably a few dozen times before being done with the game.

I'd rather see them remove the money and replace it with something that's free or extremely cheap.
If the radio in Fallout 3 is too limited for you... - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/14946
To clarify... I don't really care at all about the radio music.

I'm concerned that the game might soon be removed from storefronts - if only temporarily - and whether the GoG version would ever return if that happened.
LordData: I'm concerned that the game might soon be removed from storefronts - if only temporarily - and whether the GoG version would ever return if that happened.
I hope there at least will be another sale when the game really gets removed.
LordData: To clarify... I don't really care at all about the radio music.

I'm concerned that the game might soon be removed from storefronts - if only temporarily - and whether the GoG version would ever return if that happened.
But if you own it and back it up you don't need to worry about that, right? :) Since that's the point of DRM-free.

tfishell: But if you own it and back it up you don't need to worry about that, right? :) Since that's the point of DRM-free.
Exactly... I've been planning on getting it during the winter sale... but now I'm worried there might not be enough time. Here's hoping there's another Bethesda sale in the next month or so.

While I doubt that the game will be removed, you can now get it half-price for the next 5 days.
https://www.gog.com/game/fallout_3_game_of_the_year_edition
Post edited October 02, 2018 by Grargar
It would be nice if GOG would weigh in here, presumably they should know if their license ends on the anniversary. I suspect that their license doesn't end then.

I'm guessing that they'll still have a license for the game after that point, otherwise, they'd be hyping the hell out of it trying to get all those extra sales while they can.

Grargar: While I doubt that the game will be removed, you can now get it half-price for the next 5 days.
https://www.gog.com/game/fallout_3_game_of_the_year_edition
Thanks! It's sitting in my cart now, waiting a few more days in case they pull a fast one and add new front-page bundles or Connect titles as part of this supposedly 'week-long' celebration sale.
You can extract the music from the PC disc, don't know if it works on the GOG version or not.

Edit: Sorry that doesn't help with the decision to buy it or not. I'm tempted since I don't have the DLC for the PC but might risk it and wait since I already bought the base game for PC and GOTY for Xbox.
Post edited October 02, 2018 by HappyPunkPotato
LordData: Thanks! It's sitting in my cart now, waiting a few more days in case they pull a fast one and add new front-page bundles or Connect titles as part of this supposedly 'week-long' celebration sale.
Sale is ending tomorrow and looks like no Connect titles were added after all.
LordData:
Do you have some serious proofs that Fallout 3 might be temporary delisted for music licensing expiring ? I'm getting nervous now.