It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition - Necromancer DLC + -50% Series Discount

Sword of the Stars: The Pit is a phenomenal turn-based RPG turning the traditional roguelike dungeon exploration into a modern gaming experience. Tons of items to find, equipment and character modifications, and a vast selection of blood-hungry monsters; this game offers you a Sci-Fi adventure you'll be enjoying for hours and hours - and that's just the base game.

<span class="bold">-50% Series discount:</span>

The Pit has grown considerably since we first entered it, but it came at a cost. For this week, that cost is much less with the Sword of The Stars Series Promo. All this stuff is available for 50% off for one week, until Thursday, February 12, at 10:59 AM GMT:

-Sword of the Stars: The Pit
-Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition
-Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition Upgrade
-Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition - The Pilgrim
-Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Mindgames
-Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Juggernaut

Release: Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition - Necromancer DLC

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition - Necromancer brings yet another bonus character and extra content into the game. Available now DRM-free on GOG!

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition - Necromancer is the domain of Azreus the Defiler, servant of The Immortal, one of the ancient and mysterious Suul'ka. He was raised from the dead and given one mission only: obtain the cure to the Xombie plague, and clear out The Pit while he's at it. Azreus introduces a new twist on the SWOTS gameplay with never before seen necromancer abilities. He can raise unded minions to his aid, while poison, disease, and hunger will be no threat on this quest. As usual, this DLC pack comes with a handful of new content, including new recipies, weapons, items, monsters and achievements.

Unleash a darker side of the pit and harness the power of the dead in Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition - Necromancer, available now DRM-free on GOG.com!
Post edited February 05, 2015 by Konrad
Luned: This is a case where the pricing makes no sense at all, either at the base or the promo level.

So I'd pay $6.99 for the straight-out Gold Edition on the promo, but only $5.98 by buying the base + the gold upgrade? And there are no differences in extras to account for it either, as far as I can tell.
Mindgames. Gold Edition includes Mindgames as well, while the upgrade requires it.
Stupid question: Has the Gold Edition always been more expensive than the base game + Gold Edition Upgrade?

edit: ninja'ed by Luned and answered by JMich already xP
Attachments:
Post edited February 05, 2015 by real.geizterfahr
Luned: This is a case where the pricing makes no sense at all, either at the base or the promo level.

So I'd pay $6.99 for the straight-out Gold Edition on the promo, but only $5.98 by buying the base + the gold upgrade? And there are no differences in extras to account for it either, as far as I can tell.
JMich: Mindgames. Gold Edition includes Mindgames as well, while the upgrade requires it.
Oh, okay, that clears the pricing up at least.
Matruchus: Also it would be nice to be able to get to the game profile if you click on the game name as it was possible before. Reviews on the side though are a good idea.
You can click on the name in the side review that pops up to get to the game page now.
vanchann: Great promo.

As many users state above the mixed editions problem is still here! I mean that the gold edition is not marked as owned, although I own The Pit plus the Gold Edition Upgrade.

Nevertheless all of us, who already own the game, know about the problem. But it's very confusing for new buyers.
Fix it please.
PaterAlf: This.

I nearly bought Sword of the Stars: The Gold Edition, because I wanted to complete the series and dind'nt pay attention (the high price at checkout made me sceptical though). Please fix this problem, GOG. You know about it for months.
Another vote for this. If people have all the pieces of the Gold Edition, either add it to their shelves or give them a chance to buy it for like $1. It's so frigging annoying to see it come up for purchase every time, when buying it won't actually give me anything new.
Kudos to SOTS: The Pit developers for keeping fresh meaningful updates coming; this is DLC I can live with. The Pit is one of the most expansive roguelikes around due to continually attention like this new Necromancer content.

If the developer or GOG just changed the name of the items from "Gold Edition" or "Gold Edition Upgrade" to something more clear that would clear up a lot of confusion.
Post edited February 05, 2015 by undeadcow
This comments section is pretty much the way I had imagined it as soon as I saw that this was a SotS:TP promo. :P

This is just my opinion, but I think the base game, Mind Games and the Gold upgrade should be partitioned off in their own section for those who want/need to buy any of them individually, and it should be made clear that the Gold Edition is composed of those pieces.
tarasis: I do like the new (to me) hover over a title in the promo and get a summary of reviews / rating on the right hand side. Thats a nice little UI improvement.
That's a very nice improvement indeed but I haven't found a way (yet) to go to a specific game's gamecard when I browse through android. I can tick the boxes, I can use the checkout function but I can't see any links to the gamecards, while I'm on the promo screen. That means I should search manually for the games I'm interested to see more details, by opening a new page in the browser. Not very user friendly if you ask me! ;-)
How is this not a priority to fix? Do they really make more money from impulse purchases where people don't read what's in the package than from people who do their research?
Matruchus: Also it would be nice to be able to get to the game profile if you click on the game name as it was possible before.
If I remember correctly, you can click the name above the reviews to the right. That is, if you browse through your PC. In android, this sidebar where the reviews are, does not appear so I can't select anything other the tick boxes & checkout button. (at least in a 4" screen - don't have a tablet to check it out).

Maybe it's something GOG must look into, although I don't know how mandatory it is right know with all the other problems in the site. ;-)
So how many separate installers will SOTS have now?
IronArcturus: So how many separate installers will SOTS have now?
5? Potentially 10 if there's patches...?
gibbeynator: How is this not a priority to fix? Do they really make more money from impulse purchases where people don't read what's in the package than from people who do their research?
Maybe we should all contact support about this.
Ahem.
Grargar: Ahem.
Maybe we'll get that sub sandwich after all! :P