It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare for retaliatory action!

<span class="bold">Worms W.M.D.</span>, an exciting return to the roots, is available for pre-order now, DRM-free on GOG.com

Team 17 is turning 25 years old — and to mark the occasion, their biggest and foremost series is going back to the roots where it counts — as well as expanding in new and exciting ways!

If there's one thing to note about <span class="bold">Worms W.M.D.</span> outright, is that at its very core are the very same beloved physics behind Worms: Armageddon. Recreated from the subtle intricacies of movement and shooting, the oddities, all the way through the delicate matter of the ninja rope.
Team 17 is bringing back the most adored weapons that have shown up throughout the series like the Concrete Donkey and Holy Hand Grenade. But there's a lot new here too — a weapon crafting system breathes new life into the classic arsenal (and gives you something to do between turns), tanks and helicopters introduce a new layer of mobility and destruction, and accessible building interiors provide tactical cover from the fires of wormy hell.
The worms have gotten a makeover too, but the hand-painted 2D battlefields remain, as always, your greatest friend and enemy in single-player and ranked multiplayer mayhem.

Check out the trailer below, and pre-order <span class="bold">Worms W.M.D.</span> – a modern take on a classic formula – DRM-free on GOG.com.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HZuZVe17diE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YVPVVDT3T8E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited July 19, 2016 by maladr0Id
Fairfox: Teh Steamie version only hasss 'TBC' listed for 'em so it's not set in stone thar either. Teh devs saaay they want to put it on Mac and Linux but it sounds floaty at teh mo! Thus no reason to think if it comes to Steam it won't come to GOGie. 'Course, they may nevah get around to porting at all, and obvs it's not a slam-dunk it'd come to GOGie if they did, but I thiiink they'd offer it across.
Tweet from Team17: "@gamingonlinux @WormsTeam17 Good news on the Linux front! We're now aiming to release the Linux version on August 23rd too :D"

Source: https://twitter.com/Team17Ltd/status/753242828902391809
does it have holy hand grenade
Now that Steam lists Worms W.M.D. as a day-one Linux release (and GOG doesn't have any indication of possible Linux support, at least yet), I'm beginning to wonder if GOG users are going to get screwed again with the Linux version of the game, just like with many other titles (Dying Light, Cities in Motion, Age of Wonders 3, what have you), or will GOG offer the Linux version too this time around? And considering that pre-ordering this title offers interesting bonuses that are exclusive on pre-order, it's kind of important to know when there will be some information about possible Linux support on GOG from the official sources. :/

- Agetian
Post edited July 14, 2016 by Agetian
Roin: I wont give up my optimism :'(
fishbaits: Swap your optimism for pessimism.

It has a bitter after taste that lasts longer so makes it better value ;)
ahahaha good point, but I'm so pessimistic about almost anything I wont be pessimistic about a new Worms game ;D
Flaose: Considered the delayed and broken release that was Worms World Party Remastered, I don't have a lot of hope for this one.
I don't own that version but wonder is it now a perfect version with all issues gone, or still inferior to the 2001 original? It's strange how Armageddon had none of the issues that Remastered ended with.

Also I hope they GOG Connect W.M.D. so I don't have to buy it twice, and get the pre-order stuff in both places simply by copying over files to GOG's installation. Unless the DLC is DRM'd :S

I didn't like Hedgewars by the way as the aesthetic of the characters look extremely generic with no personality too them.
Post edited July 14, 2016 by xbeanx3000
Crosmando: does it have holy hand grenade
It does :)
Perhaps those that are always asking for Worms Armageddon while ignoring Worms World Party would like to know that both are pretty much the same game in terms of what you can do while having different interfaces.

Both games are huge upgrades from the already fantastic Worms 2. Worms Armageddon came out first and Worms World Party came out later and were perhaps a little unnecessary, since it did not offer much new compared to Armageddon. (The wormpot is a great feature, but I believe that you can do many of the same things in Armageddon just by editing different properties.) But it is still the same great game. The only area where I could see it being a worse game than Worms: Armageddon is that Armageddon received an update many years later which resolved some issues with newer systems and also added a few things like larger levels which is a cool feature.

But, if you are deciding whether to get Steam's Worms: Armageddon or GOG's Worms World Party I would recommend you to go for Steam's Armageddon because that has a larger number of people playing it online. The fame of Armageddon compared to the relative obscurity of World Party today will probably mean that it will stay this way as long as those games are played on the internet. While playing along with other people on the same computer is the best way to play the games, playing over the internet is great fun as well. (And the Worms community is the friendliest multiplayer community I have encountered.)

But why did Armageddon come to be recognized by most people as the penultimate game in the series and not World Party when both games are so similar? I think it comes down to the snowballing effect of people just regurgitating others opinions instead of making an i informed one themselves, which is something you see on many series.
Post edited July 15, 2016 by Sargon
The last update for Armageddon didn't mess with the game like what happened to Remastered, with its menu screen and aspect ratio weirdness. I think people just wanted WWP's re-release to be identical to the original but ran on modern hardware like Armageddon.
Post edited July 15, 2016 by xbeanx3000
Releases today, let's see if it's a flop or not
Post edited August 23, 2016 by X-com
Just release the original version of Armageddon here ffs. I would easily buy that over what appear to be buggy newer releases.
Post edited August 23, 2016 by haydenaurion
haydenaurion: Just release the original version of Armageddon here ffs.
I agree, with all the latest updates and patches included
A small reminder: Those interested should buy the game before the pre-order promo expires as you won't get the All-Stars DLC if you purchase the game after that promo is over.
Agetian: Now that Steam lists Worms W.M.D. as a day-one Linux release (and GOG doesn't have any indication of possible Linux support, at least yet), I'm beginning to wonder if GOG users are going to get screwed again with the Linux version of the game, just like with many other titles (Dying Light, Cities in Motion, Age of Wonders 3, what have you), or will GOG offer the Linux version too this time around?
That's what I just thought.
NuffCatnip: A small reminder: Those interested should buy the game before the pre-order promo expires as you won't get the All-Stars DLC if you purchase the game after that promo is over.
Does that mean that people who pre-order get to play as "Classic Worms" but we don't? If they artificially force me to use their inferior new design I'll think more than twice about buying their game.
Edit: I think I misunderstood it, though. I don't like their pre-order practice especially since Team17 release broken games.
Post edited August 23, 2016 by 0Grapher
Not a fan of pre-order stuff either, but Team17 have done this really well.
If you don't have the pre-order, but you play against anyone that does, the game lets you use the pre-order items to make the match fair.

Honestly, that's best way I've ever seen it done by anyone.
Well, good job, GOG, you successfully screwed Linux users again. Good thing I pre-ordered this on Steam which advertised proper day one Linux support from the get-go.

Oh, and as has become the usual practice, no official word from the GOG team during the entire pre-order campaign (or after it) whether Linux support is even potentially planned in the future or not.

[For what it's worth, maybe this'll help someone: this game actually works very well in Wine 1.9.15+; actually, the Windows version seems to currently work better via Wine than the native Linux version (Steam), which glitches for me and won't let me even control my worms properly... I guess in addition to all the GOG Linux shenanigans we also may have a poorly made Linux port elsewhere]

- Agetian
Post edited August 24, 2016 by Agetian