It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare for retaliatory action!

<span class="bold">Worms W.M.D.</span>, an exciting return to the roots, is available for pre-order now, DRM-free on GOG.com

Team 17 is turning 25 years old — and to mark the occasion, their biggest and foremost series is going back to the roots where it counts — as well as expanding in new and exciting ways!

If there's one thing to note about <span class="bold">Worms W.M.D.</span> outright, is that at its very core are the very same beloved physics behind Worms: Armageddon. Recreated from the subtle intricacies of movement and shooting, the oddities, all the way through the delicate matter of the ninja rope.
Team 17 is bringing back the most adored weapons that have shown up throughout the series like the Concrete Donkey and Holy Hand Grenade. But there's a lot new here too — a weapon crafting system breathes new life into the classic arsenal (and gives you something to do between turns), tanks and helicopters introduce a new layer of mobility and destruction, and accessible building interiors provide tactical cover from the fires of wormy hell.
The worms have gotten a makeover too, but the hand-painted 2D battlefields remain, as always, your greatest friend and enemy in single-player and ranked multiplayer mayhem.

Check out the trailer below, and pre-order <span class="bold">Worms W.M.D.</span> – a modern take on a classic formula – DRM-free on GOG.com.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HZuZVe17diE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YVPVVDT3T8E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited July 19, 2016 by maladr0Id
Ganni1987: Since I won't pre order this game, there are 2 things that will make me buy it - Linux support and a post-release method to buy the pre-order bonuses. Otherwise I won't buy it at all.
xbeanx3000: They said because the pre-order stuff was so hard to pull together due to all the licenses it wont be possible to sell later. It's like a sports game that has many sponsors that stops being sold after a certain time has passed.

I usually ignore pre-order exclusives now as have been burnt 200 times over the last 10 years. More fool me.
It sucks but I understand their position, the pre order is going to run for a while so I guess I'll wait for more info regarding the Linux version on GOG.
Lexor: I always had a feeling that Worms series is so inferior to the much older game, Scorched Earth - does anyone remember Scorched Earth? :D
I love this kind of games, simple rules, simple graphics and still a lot of fun to play.
Post edited July 14, 2016 by eiii
IronArcturus: But is there a reason why GOG has all of the old Worms games except for Worms Armageddon?
kokosabre: If they release Armageddon all other Worms games will be ignored :D
For me it's the opposite. I've bought the old Worms games (and got Worms Forts for free). Now I'm waiting for Armageddon. Until they release Armageddon on GOG I will not buy any of the newer Worms games.
Considered the delayed and broken release that was Worms World Party Remastered, I don't have a lot of hope for this one.
Flaose: Considered the delayed and broken release that was Worms World Party Remastered, I don't have a lot of hope for this one.
I wont give up my optimism :'(
Love the new design, can't deny that!

Flaose: Considered the delayed and broken release that was Worms World Party Remastered, I don't have a lot of hope for this one.
Hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes, eh? :P
Post edited July 14, 2016 by vicklemos
Tons of pre-order only content that actually affects gameplay? F[url=]U[/url]CK YOU, Team 17!!! Any interest I had in this game is gone.

Bring us some Scorched Earth!
Post edited July 14, 2016 by drealmer7
For those who like Scorched Earth, Atomic Tanks and Scorched3D are fan-remakes of the game. 2D and 3D perspectives, respectively.

Atomic Tanks

Scorched 3D
Sabin_Stargem: For those who like Scorched Earth, Atomic Tanks and Scorched3D are fan-remakes of the game. 2D and 3D perspectives, respectively.
And both games come with full Linux support, just like Hedgewars. :)
Roin: I wont give up my optimism :'(
Swap your optimism for pessimism.

It has a bitter after taste that lasts longer so makes it better value ;)
drealmer7: Tons of pre-order only content that actually affects gameplay? F[url=]U[/url]CK YOU, Team 17!!! Any interest I had in this game is gone.
Yeah, same here.

Every copy bought after the pre-order phase is inferior to a pre-purchase copy, meh.
Post edited July 14, 2016 by NuffCatnip
NuffCatnip: Every copy bought after the pre-order phase is inferior to a pre-purchase copy, meh.
Yeah, it's pretty much them saying "we care MUCH MORE about people who are going to give us money NOW, for a product that isn't even out yet, than we ever will about any customer who has interest in our product after it is out. If you don't give us your money now, we really do care less about you." Can you believe piracy actually crossed my mind? From out of nowhere! I've never pirated a game, where did that thought come from?! Someone else's greed, I think. Yuck.
NuffCatnip: Every copy bought after the pre-order phase is inferior to a pre-purchase copy, meh.
drealmer7: Yeah, it's pretty much them saying "we care MUCH MORE about people who are going to give us money NOW, for a product that isn't even out yet, than we ever will about any customer who has interest in our product after it is out. If you don't give us your money now, we really do care less about you." Can you believe piracy actually crossed my mind? From out of nowhere! I've never pirated a game, where did that thought come from?! Someone else's greed, I think. Yuck.
They said they can only offer the DLC during the pre-order phase because these items belong to different IP's (Payday 2, Goat Simulator, Saints Row etc.), but if this is the only way of doing it why not get rid of this pre-order DLC right from the get go? If they hadn't handled it like they have, people wouldn't be frustrated with Team 17 like they are now.
Post edited July 14, 2016 by NuffCatnip
NuffCatnip: They said they can only offer the DLC during the pre-order phase because these items belong to different IP's (Payday 2, Goat Simulator, Saints Row etc.), but if this is the only way of doing it why not get rid of this pre-order DLC right from the get go? If they hadn't handled it like they have, people wouldn't be frustrated with Team 17 like they are now.
It just shows a lack of foresight.
They could've arranged for it to be sold afterwards.
Here to remind people that Team 17 are assholes who went out of their way to harass and intimidate the devs of the open-source project Hedgewars which they see as a threat. I guess that tells a lot about their confidence in their product.