It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Become a renowned hacker caught during a risky break-in and stranded on a space station filled with mindless cyborgs. System Shock, a cult sci-fi RPG rebooted and re-imagined by Nightdive Studios, is now available in pre-order on GOG.COM!

If you pre-order this version of System Shock you will receive System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition for free upon its release!

Want to jump into the cyberpunk-themed adventure right away? Check out the game’s demo for free!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Looking forward to it ? yes but pre order ? no thx. I hope it turns out well.

Edit: When is this even coming out, it says today on the store page but there is almost no recent info on this game.
Post edited February 25, 2021 by ChrisGamer300
GOG.com: Become a renowned hacker caught during a risky break-in and stranded on a space station filled with mindless cyborgs. System Shock, a cult sci-fi RPG rebooted and re-imagined by Nightdive Studios, is now available in pre-order on GOG.COM!

If you pre-order this version of System Shock you will receive System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition for free upon its release!

Want to jump into the cyberpunk-themed adventure right away? Check out the game’s demo for free!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Is the demo a new updated build? If so, can you provide some additional info on what is changed/improved?
high rated
It still hasn't even got a fucking release date!
I got the Alpha Demo for Linux here...no more Linux for the final release?
Just asking ^^
high rated
thraxman: It still hasn't even got a fucking release date!
The store page has a "Playable on Feb 25, 2021".... unless that is an error.

Update: Yep it was an error, new release date is August 31,2021
Post edited February 25, 2021 by wolfsite
Wow it does still exist! I played the "original" demo here ages ago - it was my understanding the game underwent a "rebuild" since them - the screenshots look pretty similar to the demo I remember - how extensive was the reboot of this game? Anyone know?

I have a confession - I adore System Shock 2 - one of the first games I stalked the release of... but I never actually played the original! By the time 2 release, SS just seemed too "clunky" and despite still firing up TIE Fighter the visuals for SS were tough to look at. So I'm super excited to try this game, which as I understand it is basically the original just reskinned in a new engine?
I was going to say "The game page says playable on February 25th!..." But yeah... whoops ;)
I'd forgotten all about it. Hope it comes out soon and is great. If I recall this was gamer funded? perhaps those that funded this have better access to information on what stage it is at.
high rated
wolfsite: The store page has a "Playable on Feb 25, 2021".... unless that is an error.
The kickstarter update provides more info:

We’ve got a very special update this month - as you are aware we’re releasing our final demo and opening pre-orders on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store which should be available as you read this. This is a major milestone in our development of System Shock and once again we’d like to thank you for your continued patience and support while we diligently create the experience you originally backed all those years ago.

Our development road was bumpy (to say the least) - but ultimately what you’re playing is the vision and experience we set out to create and the adversity and challenges we’ve faced along the way has only improved the final game. The team has evolved and grown considerably and we hope that the end product will meet your expectations. With all that said we are planning on a late Summer 2021 release date.
So the demo is an updated build! The KS update has some quick notes on the new stuff.

And aiming for a Summer 2021 release date. Well, that's something, I guess.

Source: (pubic update) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock/posts/3080200
Post edited February 25, 2021 by PraetorianWolfie
So did this end up being a 'remake' or a 'reimagining'? IIRC, they originally pitched it as "System Shock 1, but pretty and with good controls", before shifting direction and talking about building a new game around the same premise.
Post edited February 25, 2021 by BlackMageJ
high rated
Probably the last decent entry in the series, since OtherSide has sold off System Shock 3 to Tencent.
Wow, glad to see this apparently becoming reality after all!. Just yesterday I got an impression from some message in this forum that this remake is dead and buried, but apparently that was incorrect information.

Looking forward to it, but not sure if I dare to pre-order... if the game doesn't get released after all, I presume I get my pre-order money back though?

Yeah I like the original game especially with the new mouselook controls, I've played it through two or three times already. Great atmosphere, great villain etc.
BlackMageJ: So did this end up being a 'remake' or a 'reimagining'? IIRC, they originally pitched it as "System Shock 1, but pretty and with good controls", before shifting direction and talking about building a new game around the same premise.
They shifted direction again back to a remake, because "development got out of control":
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock/posts/2115044
Post edited February 25, 2021 by Grargar
Glad this is coming along. Will def be keeping it on my radar.
This game has different prices on my region on all 3 stores:

GOG: 44,89 €
Steam: 37,99 €
EGS: 35,99 €

Usually, games here have the same price across all stores.