It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It’s a snow day, dude!

A South Park action RPG that is winter-themed, and also available to pre-order during the Winter Sale? How the stars have aligned!

From South Park Digital Studios and THQ Nordic comes SOUTH PARK: SNOW DAY! – the all-new 3D co-op game in which you’ll join Cartman, Stan, Kyle, and Kenny to celebrate the most magical day in any young child’s life - a snow day!

The game is available to pre-order right now in its Standard and Digital Deluxe Edition. By doing so (no matter which version you choose), you’ll receive the Underwear Gnome Cosmetics pack including the Underwear Gnome hat, a stylish beard, and a green tunic.

Let’s take a look at what this title has to offer!

You can play SOUTH PARK: SNOW DAY! with up to three of your friends, or by using matchmaking to find someone to play. And if playing solo is more your style, you can certainly do so with ally bots.

Here’s what you can expect:

A battle through the snow-piled town of South Park.
Frenetic, action-packed combat against warring factions in an all-new story where you make the rules.
A plethora of upgradable, devastating melee and ranged weapons, as well as special abilities and powers that will bring hordes of enemies and epic bosses to their knees.
A wide range of iconic cosmetics to customize your New Kid with endless possible combinations.
A day when school is canceled.

Now that sounds like a blast, doesn’t it?

Pre-order SOUTH PARK: SNOW DAY! now and make use of the bonus!
RizzoCuoco: [...] Is it truly being released today? What time? I'm all set to download. [...]
HunchBluntley: I don't think anybody opens up a game for pre-orders on the same day it's set to be released. If the release date on the store page originally said today, it was almost certainly just a short-term goof on GOG's part. (Never any shortage of those.) :)
Isn't that the truth. If it weren't for errors, mistakes, and screw-ups on GoG's part, then it just wouldn't be niche..or GOG. lol
Darvond: Hi, I'll take the role of the obligatory sourpuss who thinks that South Park is a cultural nadir and has lead to a lot of youths with a negatively nihilistic outlook.
Breja: As opposed to... a positively nihilistic outlook?

Anyway, like I said I'm not a big fan of South Park, but I wish we lived in a world where it is the low point of popular culture, the same way I wish I lived in a world where Nickelback really is the worst band.
you do know that optimistic nihilism is a thing? it's a philosophy about creating your own meanig and purpose in a meaningless universe. Forrest Valkai recently coined the term smilehilism :)
Post edited December 22, 2023 by amok

Anyway, like I said I'm not a big fan of South Park, but I wish we lived in a world where it is the low point of popular culture, the same way I wish I lived in a world where Nickelback really is the worst band.
"Nothing matters, so why should I bother with this important thing" vs "I should make the most of the single life I have, before all is naught."
amok: you do know that optimistic nihilism is a thing? it's a philosophy about creating your own meanig and purpose in a meaningless universe. Forrest Valkai recently coined the term smilehilism :)
I didn't know that. But then, I am rather ignorant of the tenets of international nihilism. I guess it can be an ethos after all.

Darvond: "Nothing matters, so why should I bother with this important thing" vs "I should make the most of the single life I have, before all is naught."
Fair enough. I'd be inclined to argue it's not really nihilism if you believe there are things worth pursuing that can "make the most of life". In fact, following that logic I might be considered a nihilist, and I'd never describe myself as such. But this isn't really the place to argue that, and anyway the term seems so vague and applied nebulously enough as to render the argument moot anyway.
Post edited December 22, 2023 by Breja
Meh.
https://youtu.be/b_29yvYpf4w?t=17
Yeah I dunno. Good to see more and more new release's hitting GOG and begin DRM free though. The Stick of Truth was awesome it felt like a South Park episode in a game. Fractured but Whole felt like a game with some South Park in it.

This, to me, just looks like a coop game with some South Park flavouring. Happy to be proven wrong though.
Requires a computer that's loaded with fedware. I'll pass.
The best Christmas present Kathleen Kennedy is looking forward to...
Breja: I didn't know that. But then, I am rather ignorant of the tenets of international nihilism. I guess it can be an ethos after all.
"No, Donny. These men are cowards."
Just heard about this one and being cautiously optimistic. I know it might be early to release more details, but I find it incredibly annoying when the UI isn't a part of gameplay presentations. There are way too many companies which seem to release gameplay trailers that are not actual gameplay at all and the UI is hidden. Are they still working on those elements? It can tell a lot about a game.

In this case, I'm unclear if this is an action RPG in the same vein as Minecraft Dungeons or is it more Fable-like? Maybe its closer to a third-person Diablo? This genre has a lot of variations and there's something for everyone, but not everything is for everyone. If they do some sort of quasi souls-like features in there, then I'm probably out.

I really like most of the previous THQ work and they published some of the best aRPGs out there so there's definitely hope here. Not to mention this looks to be a continuation of The Stick of Truth, which is another fantastic game... but I'd attribute the success of that to Obsidian.
ThomNG: Wohooo, IT'S A SNOW DAY, DUDE! Enjoy ;)
Why is it not available in Ukraine? As well as Steam version.
Assuming from the description, it's a beefed up version of Penguin's Arena: Sedna's World, but in South Park flavour.

Personally, I'd prefer to have that game (penguins rules) on GOG, but that probably won't happen.Good thing that outside of Steam it's available on itch.io as well.

(I admit that South Park (in general) never appealed to me)
Post edited December 26, 2023 by MartiusR