It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Civil warfare blues.

Rogue Trooper Redux, the visually remastered cult classic shooter, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free, on GOG.com with a 20% pre-order discount until October 17.

One of the most celebrated cover-based shooters of the past decade just got a new coat of blue paint over its bulging muscles and is ready to enter the fray once more. In this futuristic story, you play as a genetically engineered soldier destined to tip the scales in the civil war that's tearing apart the heavily polluted Nu Earth.

Pre-order now and get upgraded to the Collector’s Edition for free. The CE includes:

- The original 21 track Rogue trooper soundtrack!
- An exclusive Rogue trooper comic, inspired by the game
- 2 sets of HD desktop wallpapers

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RD4oBAqjkdo?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited September 12, 2017 by maladr0Id
GOG.com: Civil warfare blues.

Rogue Trooper Redux, the visually remastered cult classic shooter, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free, on GOG.com with a 20% pre-order discount until October 17.

One of the most celebrated cover-based shooters of the past decade just got a new coat of blue paint over its bulging muscles and is ready to enter the fray once more. In this futuristic story, you play as a genetically engineered soldier destined to tip the scales in the civil war that's tearing apart the heavily polluted Nu Earth.

Pre-order now and get upgraded to the Collector’s Edition for free. The CE includes:

- The original 21 track Rogue trooper soundtrack!
- An exclusive Rogue trooper comic, inspired by the game
- 2 sets of HD desktop wallpapers

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RD4oBAqjkdo?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
So its only "Coming So" then (thats about as near to 20% off Coming Soon as I can get it). You should really try testing these things before releasing the information, every post appears to be incorrect in some way!

As for the game, ok, remake, no real interest as the original is fine, but if its cheap enough...

Edit: Ah now I see a value rather than the Coming Soon. Feck me sideways with a pineapple $25 after discount is it April again!! Hahaha.
Post edited September 12, 2017 by nightcraw1er.488
I would like to know the system requirements (incl. SSE level).
Also, will the good german voiceovers from the original be included? Thanks a lot!
So I guess owners of the original don't get a copy of this.
Just finished the original last week. I'll stand pat for now.
Smannesman: So I guess owners of the original don't get a copy of this.
Considering the original is a third of the price...

They really must have added lots to it, like a gold box for this price.
nightcraw1er.488: Considering the original is a third of the price...

They really must have added lots to it, like a gold box for this price.
Hence my assumption, but before this there has been no announcement as to whether owners of the previous version get any special kind of deal. There still isn't, but this pre-order definitely seems to indicate they don't get any kind of consideration.
wait a minute

Is this the Tuesday release?
As much as I love the original, the price for this remastered version is quite high, though. I just wonder, is it really going to worth that much
WOW.
Nice.

Achievements planned, mon GOG? ;P
tinyE: Just finished the original last week. I'll stand pat for now.
Here's a nice stream by Rebellion showcasing both titles, old and redux. Quality gameplay ;)
Post edited September 12, 2017 by victorchopin
Seems crass to me: the pricing (including the regionally priced side of it), the look, the preorder scheme...

A bit fat MEH to this.
30 US$ for a B/C-game is a bit much :)
coffeecup: 30 US$ for a B/C-game is a bit much :)
Boint and Click?
Never heard of the original, never mind this Redux.
Others bring up a good point

Why would I want this version if the original is over half the price, is it just better graphics?

Edit: Ok, I should have read the description on the page "A classic returns with HD graphics, remodelled assets, dynamic lighting, enhanced geometry, new special effects and more. New features also include modern controls, extra difficulty settings and a revamped cover system. "
Post edited September 12, 2017 by Zergoss