It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Civil warfare blues.

Rogue Trooper Redux, the visually remastered cult classic shooter, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free, on GOG.com with a 20% pre-order discount until October 17.

One of the most celebrated cover-based shooters of the past decade just got a new coat of blue paint over its bulging muscles and is ready to enter the fray once more. In this futuristic story, you play as a genetically engineered soldier destined to tip the scales in the civil war that's tearing apart the heavily polluted Nu Earth.

Pre-order now and get upgraded to the Collector’s Edition for free. The CE includes:

- The original 21 track Rogue trooper soundtrack!
- An exclusive Rogue trooper comic, inspired by the game
- 2 sets of HD desktop wallpapers

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RD4oBAqjkdo?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited September 12, 2017 by maladr0Id
Adored the original, will have to see about the price though.
immi101: 21€ in Denmark, 22€ in Norway, 26€ in Switzerland

31€ in Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, ..

regional pricing - fuck yeah ....
Bulgarian here. "Buy item -- pre-order" advertised as:
<cross>30.99</cross> EU 24.79
You save 6.20 (20%)
3.70 OFF ANY FUTURE PURCHASE. You get free Wallet funds (our Fair Price Package) to offset the regional pricing.
---> there's an attempt to kill the regional pricing, you see (end result is ~ 21 EU) :-)
I just hope we get a warning ahead of time if they are going to delete the original :/
immi101: 21€ in Denmark, 22€ in Norway, 26€ in Switzerland

31€ in Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, ..

regional pricing - fuck yeah ....
i_ni: Bulgarian here. "Buy item -- pre-order" advertised as:
You save 6.20 (20%)
3.70 OFF ANY FUTURE PURCHASE. You get free Wallet funds (our Fair Price Package) to offset the regional pricing.
---> there's an attempt to kill the regional pricing, you see (end result is ~ 21 EU) :-)
the prices i mentioned are the normal prices, without the 20% sales discount that is currently active.
the current discounted price in Denmark would be ~17€

The fair price package only refunds the part of the price that is above the US base price. You still pay more than countries who get a regional price below the US base price.
Is it worth it if it all it is basically a reskin?
i_ni: Bulgarian here. "Buy item -- pre-order" advertised as:
You save 6.20 (20%)
immi101: the prices i mentioned are the normal prices, without the 20% sales discount that is currently active.
the current discounted price in Denmark would be ~17€

The fair price package only refunds the part of the price that is above the US base price. You still pay more than countries who get a regional price below the US base price.
Shock & Awe? I hope(cause I can't explain it) Dev/Publisher know what they're doing.
I'm definitely getting this but not with the current price, the original is awesome on its own and the graphics has the nice 2000 early look that almost makes it a classic, or at the very least a cult classic. Console influence unfortunately but oh well.
kokosabre: 25 euros? Are you for real? I enjoy the game but.. seriously? Thats 2 times more than I'm willing to pay. Though I guess that gives me the motivation to replay the classic and see how it holds up and if works just fine then.. no need of Redux.
It's 25 POUNDS here in UK. What a joke. Seriously, there's no business like remaster business.

Remaster that nobody asked for, by the way.
Thanks for you such nice post to teach us more in this field.
I adored the original. Have bought it twice, one physical edition, one GOG edition.

£20 is a very good price for it, if you are new to Rogue Trooper, but I've finished it several times and my twenty quid goes on new games which I haven't already completed.

I might pick it up as an impulse buy down the road, but not at this price.
Mr.Caine: The game looks cool but having a set of HD wallpapers as an collectors edition pre-order bonus in this day and age is nothing short of cringe-worthy. Will a PDF manual soon become a collectors item too?
There is at least one manual sold as separate DLC here already.
Did I miss something in the description, where it should say they added more missions?

A "new coat of paint" doesn't - to me - justify a 200% premium over the original.
HereForTheBeer: Did I miss something in the description, where it should say they added more missions?

A "new coat of paint" doesn't - to me - justify a 200% premium over the original.
Just keep looking at the shiny and pays the money!
HereForTheBeer: Did I miss something in the description, where it should say they added more missions?

nightcraw1er.488: Just keep looking at the shiny and pays the money!
Okay, maybe it fixes the all-but-dead-multiplayer issue, but still...

Edit: speaking of which, did I also miss the part where it mentions how multiplayer will be handled?
Post edited September 13, 2017 by HereForTheBeer
To all the users complaining about the price:

This (Rogue Trooper Redux) is a new game.
Yes, I know - it's "just" a remake of a game from 2006 - and yet: this version was made in 2017 - thus, a new game.

Now, when the original RT saw release in 2006, it cost 29,99 USD (see attachment: rt06).
Today, you can buy the original here on GOG.com for 9,99 USD.

(btw: if you're not interested in the better graphics, nobody is keeping you from buying that version, right now)

For the new "Redux" version, they ask for 36,49 USD...which is pretty close to the actual price hiking due to the inflation: 36,41 USD (see attachment: usdinflation).

In other words: they ask for the (nearly) exact same price this game would've cost you, if you'd bought it back in 2006.

That some of you already got the retail version for PC or PS2 sitting on their games shelf, is surely nice - but of no interest for anyone - less so for the guys who want to make a living with selling this new version.

Because, while it may be just some "spit and polish" to you, I'm sure, the devs had to invest quite some time (thus: money), to add said "spit and polish" to the old game - and that is time, they very likely want to get paid for.

It's a bit like driving to your Honda dealer tomorrow and demanding a 75% (?) price cut on the new Honda Civic, because you already bought the 2006 Honda Civic eleven years earlier.

I'd really like to see you go and try that... :)

(and yes - I know, digital to analog comparisons never truly work...just try to meet me half-way here, ok?) ;)

Now...with all that said:

I also own the original RT.
Here on GOG.com.

And as I was curious, as to how much I paid for it when I bought it (I assumed, it was in a sale), I was surprised to find, that I apparently had paid nothing at all. o.O
(see attachments: rtorder and rtorder1).

In all honesty - I have no clue as to why I got the game for free.

Was there some kind of sale on January, 7th 2014, where I got it as a bonus? (no hint to that in my order history)
Was it just another one of GOG's generous gifts to us customers?

If the latter should be the case - I assume, a lot of people here got it also for free...

Which makes any demands, to discount the (pre-order) price for owners of the original version, even more ridiculous.

Just my two cents.

(And no - I also won't buy the new version right now...but only because I still haven't played the original)
Attachments:
rt06.png (129 Kb)
rtorder.png (25 Kb)
rtorder1.png (40 Kb)