It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Join Szymon, a boy raised in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, as he explores the underground world, where Slavic mythology mixes with retro-futuristic technology. Paradise Lost is now available for pre-order on GOG.COM and enjoys a 34% discount until the game's release on 24th March 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Zoidberg: Intriguing, but as usual: any key rebinding?
Mean.Jim: It's sad that we even have to ask that this these days.
GOG (and other stores) definitely NEED to give those exact same information when they sell a game. I'm fed up to ask for a refund each time this happens and it's really awful one has to resort to pirating the game to have that info.
low rated
Question: Would the game be able to run on say integrated intel graphics like the 620?

(I ask as it looks nice, but I don't want to buy something if it won't run on my hw)

(Sidenote: The requirements sites show red Xs for the graphics category when I checked them, but I have run games they said I couldn't run before and on decent settings)
Post edited March 14, 2021 by GamezRanker
GamezRanker: Question: Would the game be able to run on say integrated intel graphics like the 620?

(I ask as it looks nice, but I don't want to buy something if it won't run on my hw)

(Sidenote: The requirements sites show red Xs for the graphics category when I checked them, but I have run games they said I couldn't run before and on decent settings)
there will be a demo on Steam
maybe here too
Post edited March 14, 2021 by Dogmaus
low rated
Dogmaus: there will be a demo on Steam
maybe here too
Will it be out before the preorder period is over?

(I ask as I am trying not to order unless I am somewhat sure it will work, and if the demo comes out AFTER the game launches i'd miss out on the discount)
GamezRanker: Question: Would the game be able to run on say integrated intel graphics like the 620?

i would guess with a 620 (and appropriate cpu and twin ram) you will be okay. thats a guess, but with the relatively mild min reqs...
GamezRanker: (I ask as I am trying not to order unless I am somewhat sure it will work, and if the demo comes out AFTER the game launches i'd miss out on the discount)
you could just wait until the inevitable discount later on.
Post edited March 14, 2021 by Sachys
Dogmaus: there will be a demo on Steam
maybe here too
GamezRanker: Will it be out before the preorder period is over?

(I ask as I am trying not to order unless I am somewhat sure it will work, and if the demo comes out AFTER the game launches i'd miss out on the discount)
Oh, sorry, I hadn't read throufully. It's one of those BS time limited demo
"t's finally here! The demo version of Paradise Lost will be available for 6 days—from June 16 19:00 CET to June 22 19:00"
low rated
Sachys: i would guess with a 620 (and appropriate cpu and twin ram) you will be okay. thats a guess, but with the relatively mild min reqs...
Thanks for the reply/info

Sachys: you could just wait until the inevitable discount later on.
True enough, though I dunno how long i'd have to wait for a similar future discount, and I dunno if it would ever go beyond this level of discount in future sales. That plus the fact that it looks appealing(story/setting) makes me want to get it during the preorder period if possible.

=-=-=

Dogmaus: Oh, sorry, I hadn't read throufully. It's one of those BS time limited demo
"it's finally here! The demo version of Paradise Lost will be available for 6 days—from June 16 19:00 CET to June 22 19:00"
A demo for a game coming out AFTER the launch? Yeah, that will really help people on the fence about preordering. :\
Post edited March 14, 2021 by GamezRanker
GamezRanker: Will it be out before the preorder period is over?

Dogmaus: Oh, sorry, I hadn't read throufully. It's one of those BS time limited demo
"t's finally here! The demo version of Paradise Lost will be available for 6 days—from June 16 19:00 CET to June 22 19:00"
The thing I hate about this time-limited demos most is that developer's reason that: We keep it time-limited, because we can't support and update the demo ... A demo is what it is, a piece demonstrating a part of a game which may or may not be subject to change. Who in their right mind actually expects a demo to be supported in any way, shape or form? In the past, maybe, some of the bigger companies published a new demo at some point, which I think was the case with Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis? Where in the beginning all you got was that automatic demo and later there was one you could play some of it.

When someone wants to get an impression they should get it whenever they feel like it, pre- and post-launch, to get a look at it. If they must developers should warn that content is subject to change in big fat Greek letters so the last simpleton understands ... Another warning should be: We don't support the demo. It's up to the developer to make their game-to-be shine and reflect what's most likely going to be in upon release and whet people's appetites for it.
For a while there, I thought it was Postal's Paradise Lost.
low rated
Genocide2099: For a while there, I thought it was Postal's Paradise Lost.
I almost thought it was something based on the book....similar to the theme of Dante's Inferno(game).
GOG.com: Join Szymon, a boy raised in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, as he explores the underground world, where Slavic mythology mixes with retro-futuristic technology. Paradise Lost is now available for pre-order on GOG.COM and enjoys a 34% discount until the game's release on 24th March 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
The product card page's background image ( https://images.gog-statics.com/4165051813f3a1b4dddf057e7faec392e315ca4f0631e31830bb8f3cd81f6df0_bg_crop_1920x655.jpg ) gives me vibes somewhere between Star Gate and Bioshock :P

Lifthrasil: I rather think that this is a case of mis-translation. Someone misinterpreted 'angängig' as coming from 'angehen' in the sense of 'switch on', instead of the meaning 'permitted' or 'doable', which would be the correct one. Google translate sometimes does that. It just shows that they didn't have anyone, who actually speaks German, proof-read the sign. :-)
Google translate is notoriously awful for accuracy of anything above 1 word at a time, and even with that it can give mind boggling results. And don't ever try to use it for translating anything longer when using any of asian languages as there it's totally worthless.
low rated
B1tF1ghter: The product card page's background image gives me vibes somewhere between Star Gate...
It also reminds me of the vault doors in the fallout series(plus the theme IS a fallout shelter).

B1tF1ghter: ...and Bioshock :P
Well, the aesthetic(look/feel) of Bioshock games is quite nice usually, so I can see why some devs might "borrow" the look to varying degrees. :)

(one such nice "walking sim" type game is Close to the Sun...which is a bit short and a bit hard in some spots[running quickly and sometimes also pressing buttons along the way to avoid things in a few places], but is still a nice looking game)

B1tF1ghter: Google translate is notoriously awful for accuracy of anything above 1 word at a time, and even with that it can give mind boggling results. And don't ever try to use it for translating anything longer when using any of asian languages as there it's totally worthless.
If one is trying to get very accurate translations(such as for school papers and the like) this is true, but for just getting the gist of what one is trying to translate it is sometimes (imo) decent enough.
B1tF1ghter: Google translate is notoriously awful for accuracy of anything above 1 word at a time, and even with that it can give mind boggling results. And don't ever try to use it for translating anything longer when using any of asian languages as there it's totally worthless.
GamezRanker: If one is trying to get very accurate translations(such as for school papers and the like) this is true, but for just getting the gist of what one is trying to translate it is sometimes (imo) decent enough.
The thing is, I'm not talking about some mild inaccuracies.
There is plenty of cases where it fails so miserably the one who tries to use the machine translation could have hard time choosing if to cry out of cringe or out of misery and waste of time.
It's darn awful in many cases and fails marks so hard it's not even funny, it's just plain waste of time.
And the problem is it's reliability is so inconsistent you won't know until you try.
low rated
B1tF1ghter: The thing is, I'm not talking about some mild inaccuracies.
There is plenty of cases where it fails so miserably the one who tries to use the machine translation could have hard time choosing if to cry out of cringe or out of misery and waste of time.
It's darn awful in many cases and fails marks so hard it's not even funny, it's just plain waste of time.
And the problem is it's reliability is so inconsistent you won't know until you try.
Well, seeing as some games don't translate every bit of text and not everyone has access to humans to translate every language, it's at least something to try in such cases. :)

(note: I have mainly translated european languages in games....asian languages, not as much)
Post edited March 15, 2021 by GamezRanker